Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447658 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Family and the Perpetuation of my Victim Identity by TheGreatWhat @ 38 minutes 0 seconds ago

Every night, or at least on the night's I find myself feeling healthy, I discover or concoct new solutions, new revelations for how to live with, or better yet, be rid of this weird manner of existence that is my life. But inevitably, the following m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by victor-victim @ 39 minutes 29 seconds ago

so true, sugarbaby. KEEP TALKING! i was a first aid responder for a few years, and we were trained to keep the victim talking. this maintained a safer level of consciousness. keep the patient communicating. "talk about the pain. tell m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Bully by victor-victim @ 51 minutes 24 seconds ago

i have two teen daughters. i hurt when they hurt. the social surfing sure is up and down. like you said, one comment can collapse confidence. i can barely remember my own past pain, so sometimes i can't connect but my girls are quick to remind
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Media blowhard says rape isn't real by victor-victim @ Today at 02:34 PM

it is my belief that 1 out of 6 is a low estimate. the truth is we will never know. there is still too much secrecy, silence, stigma and shame. in the interest of keeping the public attention and discussion focused on this usually taboo topic...
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Ah - the holidays.... by sugarbaby @ Today at 09:10 AM

Sometimes I wonder if he should chat with them more about how this has effected him in the long term. I know that early on I just ran into every landmine there was when discussing this with H. I don't push him to do that though because when he was d
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: MEGA pedo ring at highest levels of UK govt by victor-victim @ Today at 01:58 AM

the predators come from all walks of life. they come in all shapes and sizes. why not the rich and powerful?
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bunny wabbit. by victor-victim @ Today at 01:56 AM

elmers everywhere.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by max52 @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

I wanted to thank you for your replies to my post, I have some better insurance after Jan.1st and will be seeking some professional help, I generally do ok, but still I have some dark days, what bothers me is that I get crabby, mean, don't want to do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

P I like the analogy to the baseball team. Your doctor seems to be wise and perceptive. Reading what you wrote even made what I learned at the session clearer. Co-captains should not air their laundry in front of the team members but rather take
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

thanks, obi. keep the prayers coming. this is far from over. it's just getting started. we are years away from closure.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Christmas by txb @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

This is stupid, and I know it. But I canít help it. I miss my uncle. I hate him but I also sort of love him and miss him. Especially at Christmas. Everyone else hates him, so itís not like I can talk about this with anyone else. It's hard to even wri
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do I know there is a God... by nltsaved @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

God reveals himself in Truth because he is Truth and you can not know God until you acknowledge Truth ,only than will one become Free The word of God speaks so much more about his character much more so than who God is. Your character is what God is
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Disassociated memories... by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

What I do not understand is WHY my mother did the things to me she did. Was there a sign on my head saying, "Abuse me"? The only real memories I have of my mother is her sexually abusing me -- touching and feeling -- and hitting me. She
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cedar Park, Texas by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

It is worth noting that while there is certainly no argument that the court has the final official word, we all know that there exists a court of public opinion. While the news media may not call an accused a "rapist", such distinction amo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Here's hoping... by Sonata1 @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Welcome. Hope is an elusive thing. I felt a lot of it yesterday. Not so much today. I find it has a lot to do with the lies I accept or deny. I hope one truth you will accept is that a lot of people are walking the same road you are and are wanting t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Here by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

FuriousMick Welcome and you are dealing probably with a double whammy of PTSD--from the sexual abuse and your military experience. I am sorry therapy and meds have not helped. Have you tried support groups, being with people who understand what you
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting cartoon from the web about shame by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

I got that too! I never thought of the self blame that way. That enlightened me a lot about why he blamed himself, self loathing, etc.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

I just bought the same book. I haven't gotten very far yet.
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking legal advice- potential trigger warning by Still @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

Vivo, You have placed your post in a forum that is only for questions about use of the board...sort of "tech questions." I'ver got some answers for you that I will send via a Private Message. You'll see a little red envelope flashing on t
Family and Friends
Thanks InsideTheWall I'm very glad I came back to MS tonight and did some reading up. I'm especially glad I clicked on this post. It's a great reminder of where I was just 5 months ago, wow! I suppose it's as if I made an entry in my own diary, an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: AFB on FaceBook by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 06:14 AM

I think it makes a LOT of sense. When I first heard that one of my abusers was dead, I for a long while wanted to maybe dig him up and kill him again. It was a good mental exercise (for me). But I believe this type thinking is all about trying to re
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Online study of early sexual experiences answered by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

I'm sure there are psychological reasons for the age parameters of the survey and the Ph.d's choice of a cutoff at age 59 for her study. But since I'm well past the age limit I couldn't be a part of the survey. I sure hope by this age bracket limit
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by BuffaloCO @ 12/17/14 10:22 PM

We can find a way to say NO, that is how they defined me. It is not who I am, not how I see my self, not a label I will accept anymore on me. I know I am not, was not and never will be defined by them. The only way I know to fight back is to speak
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Nothing Man @ 12/17/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Still Don't wanna be tortured? Don't be a terrorist. Just remember who we are up against. Sydney - Right now! 50 minutes from me I'm getting bloody tired of these animals. They rape children wholesale too! Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Victim vs. Survivor by victor-victim @ 12/17/14 05:09 PM

real. good. i might add that i went through a phase between becoming a victim and accepting that label. these are the stages i played. these are the roles i remember. child. monster. victim. survivor. thriver. victor. alchemy, mor

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.