Newest Members
Damon, aanndd, Paulsyd, SecondsLost, brainstem
12549 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewster (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (TW16, Zero, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12549 Members
73 Forums
64425 Topics
449959 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Every Day Mindfulness by victor-victim @ 45 minutes 37 seconds ago

this looks like the beginning of a good long thread. keep it coming. i find this sort of stuff very inspiring. thanks for keeping my sky blue. mindfully acknowledging the positive energy coming off this page
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by victor-victim @ 52 minutes 11 seconds ago

this would sound even better read aloud as spoken word. it has a very strong rhythm. solid. tight as a drumbeat.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another layer... by VASurvivor @ Today at 12:30 AM

:-) Bardo - I understand. We sought out marriage counseling first. It quickly became apparent that our individual stuff was the root of our "together" stuff. We would alternate going separately and together, but sometimes our individual st
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by VASurvivor @ Today at 12:26 AM

Glad this was an encouragement. I can relate to much of what others are posting about, especially feeling like a punching bag most of my life. Also, I often feel "misunderstood" - like no one gets me, ever. All I can say is the guided me
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Still @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

There are many Christians behaving badly out there. I know, cuz I'm a "bad behavor" in the eyes of many "creepy Christians." I don't play the "be passive and let everything just happen" game that many of them like to pla
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Still @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Logan, You know I endure years of intense flashbacks, and that's how I'm interpreting what you are describing here. I never really did learn to "control" them. I always got swept-away into the time-travel. I Still have them. The category
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Still @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

This is certainly a song about introspection. Gabriel claims its about prison inmates and his own therapy: ""I was also going through therapy myself so that had a bearing," he added. "It wasn't a cathartic experience where I revis
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: The journey begins by 86 @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Thank you all for your kind and helpful replies. Words can't discribe the feeling of knowing that, although tragically, im not the only one that feels this way as the result of the sexual abuse. For a time i thought i was the only one on earth that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Still @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

"i plan on beating their estimate" said the strong survivor. Awesome!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Jude, Happy Birthday by gettingstronger @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Happy birthday Jude! Hope you have a good one! Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by Sonata1 @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Freeman, As you know from our pm's I've been going through a rough time too. Something I've noticed is that I'm exceptionally tired and need way more down time and sleep than usual as I process this. I got a long nap in one afternoon this weekend an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Seeing the Doc - what to/not to discuss by ninjasm @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Almost a month later. I've been to see the therapist twice. First time he said he was waiting for official diagnosis to move forward with therapy. Second time he said he would be putting together a 12-16 visit plan and focus on my obsessiveness.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

sorry I used the F word, my dad is gay. and no one knows. no one. it is evil. I think in my dad, probably mom`s too. they say sick shit to babies , kids when they are sleeping. this is so f`n murderous. it is aweful disgusting. I hate having a
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Response? by Sterling @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

yea I am definitely not a candidate for Playgirl ! lol. Goran
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Iaccus I understand your pain. I nearly had a year without sleep because every time I closed my eyes I saw him and felt his touch. It did get better and then all hell broke loose. I would have the nightmares and flashbacks and people in the house
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Not any female...my Mom...and my attraction by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

PMGNT: Your post reminds me of the difficulty in having all of the feelings you describe. It seems easy to hold on to them as a boy, but when it comes to having them or sharing them with other grown men, they become very large. I also recognize
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts predator with a camera by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:18 AM

"Take it from someone he abused: T is a predator with a camera. Call me crazy, but allegations of sexual harassment are a little more important than a magazine's investigation of the famously perverted photographer's everyday life. How long ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My New Masked Life by Still @ Yesterday at 02:01 AM

Masking Guideline 410.38b Don't laugh milk through your nose when people talk about how scary and traumatic a big-ass blizzard can be. They tend to look at you funny.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by sorryson @ 01/26/15 09:49 PM

I did but never knew until after my Dad died. I think back about everything. I have written of my Mama and her family and how they destroyed our family. Dad was blamed for everything. I guess he was self destructing before us as we threw oatmeal on
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 01/26/15 09:32 PM

thank you everyone. I do feel stronger and it is thanks too many. People here at MS have extended themselves in many ways. I have immersed myself in support for many different issues. My sexual abuse as a child has been something I denied and prete
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by myrlin @ 01/26/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManI cannot change my past but I can change the way I respond to it. Its taken me a long time to learn this simple, but hard to do, truth. Part of doing this has been for me to reprogram the old negative tapes - just t
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by Logan @ 01/26/15 08:31 PM

Jeff, your in luck, your post will not be the last post on his thread!!! I highly agree in helping those kids that that are in harms way as street kids. their job is extraordinarily Dangerous and trying to help them get off of the the street would b
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 01/26/15 06:37 PM

Papa Roach: "Lifeline" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNNzDUCgk "Lifeline" When I was a boy I didn't care about a thing It was me and this world and a broken dream I was blaming myself For all that was goin' wrong I was way o
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Jay1946 @ 01/26/15 05:27 PM

I think anger with God is something that many of us csa survivors experience. I certainly have. I was doing Step 3 in a 12 step process: "Made a Decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him." and I j
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "Conform or be cast out." by bluesky @ 01/26/15 04:36 PM

I completely get this. I n my world the people around me think that I am very different and I dont fit in with others. Even though I can except the diversity or sameness of others. I have a hard time finding people that have open minds on many subjec
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.