Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442126 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: to tell or not to tell, is that the question? by victor-victim @ 33 minutes 38 seconds ago

your "long post" makes perfect sense, and i agree with your assessment, especially the last paragraph. but this is pure gold! Originally Posted By: KMCINVA I was silent about my abuse, how many more were hurt because of my silence. So
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Negative performance evaluation at work :( by Magellan @ Today at 10:54 AM

I got some negative (a lot) comments on my work evaluation. Statements like: I needed to control my emotions. I need to stop being angry. I need to learn how to take criticism. I don't take criticism well. Since my last evaluation, I have not been
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Taking back memories...request for help... by KMCINVA @ Today at 09:39 AM

highflight I can totally relate. I had to go back to the place of my abuse, not by choice but to bury my Mom from the church where the abuse occurred. I was an altar boy and one of the priest was kind to me and ultimately it led to something I did
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by lapchinj @ Today at 08:50 AM

Quote:... http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=456933#Post456933 - Victor-Victim ... Wow Victor From beginning to end an immensely powerful thread. The link should be entered here as a separate post. Thank you s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What is this forgiveness crap? by victor-victim @ Today at 04:31 AM

every so often i come across these threads which explore our mixed feelings about forgiveness. the concept of forgiveness was one of my major obstacles in life. it was foreign to me, and i despised it. i lived in a paradigm of resentment and re
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: kitty rage by victor-victim @ Today at 04:07 AM

cat wii? cat ufc? forget the fakes… here is the real dog fight.
Poetry
Jump to new posts delusions of grandeur by victor-victim @ Today at 01:27 AM

do stars lament our trials and errors? do planets, in our downfall, quake? do furious flames of solar fire, burn with grief in our wake? do mountains weep in our passing? do skies, in silent cries, mourn our fate? do oceans, in all their magnifi
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The startle response by focusedbody @ Today at 12:51 AM

Gaatt: Your pointing a "double standard" is key to this pain and this dilemma. I've asked my mother to consider the impact of my father on her relationship with me. It raises the bar on how we relate to each other. If we were to talk ab
Jump to new posts Re: Simply: how the hell do I do this? by gaatt @ Today at 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: focusedbody I acknowledge what is painful, it helps me look it in the eye, deal with it, and feel a little stronger. Thanks FB for this. I'm seeing a pattern of taking out my anger on the wrong people. I didn't get the early ch
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt anyone? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: don64It's a way my subconscious has to release suppressed and unexpressed stuff... Wonderfully releases and satisfies pent-up rage... it sure does help bring some balance to my interior world. Hi Don, Thanks. Yes. I think I've
Jump to new posts Re: Effects of Covert child sexual abuse by gaatt @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Hi Fhorns, Actually, I kind of admire your courage. I wish had had parents who recognized that what they were doing to me was hurtful. My mother sort of does, occasionally, but not convincingly and not in a way that inspires her enough to do her own
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: going through a rough time by don64 @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

I've had a long and cleansing cry. I'm coming out of this feeling I may be a part of the human race, and it feels very peaceful right at the moment. I haven't felt this way before, and don't know how long it will last. I'm actually chuckling at my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to bury oneself and arise anew? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

the phoenix rises from the ashes.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

JCEldrid Welcome and I know this has to be difficult for you. You have taken a courageous step in facing the past. Whatever your story you are amongst friends who understand your pain and hurt. We understand what has happened to you and how the abu
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It's time by randombreeze @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Welcome HOC, Sorry you need to be here, but like other's have stated, it's a safe place. Just knowing I wasn't the only one "like me" has made an immeasurable difference in helping to make sense the chaos that seemed to have been my shadow
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Conspiracy of Silence by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

"A conspiracy of silence is just as bad as a conspiracy of action." ~ Joseph Soloveitchik “The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perp apologizing - Your relationship afterwards by blockade @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Thank you for your words Eric. I understand and I do not want to apologize to appease myself but only to make my brother feel at some sort of ease.. the timing to do so is difficult to get right in case it disrupts or shakes him up. I'm almost waiti
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "unspeakable"? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Speak out. “Shame derives its power from being unspeakable.” ~ Brené Brown "A conspiracy of silence is just as bad as a conspiracy of action." ~ Joseph Soloveitchik “The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STRESSFUL OR TRAUMATIC LIFE EVENT* DETAILS: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468226#Post468226 did it. thanks for the notice, Kaylin. *You are eligible
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: smart funny science humour by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Dr.Heisenberg gets stopped by the police for speeding. The cop says, "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" The physicist answers, "No, but I know where I am."
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

emergency procedures for dealing with the incomprehensible <--- click to enlarge sign
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: yes it is a real product by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

cough! cough!
Moving Forward: Research Studies
Jump to new posts Online study for persons w/ trauma history by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STRESSFUL OR TRAUMATIC LIFE EVENT Researchers at the University of Missouri-St. Louis are seeking individuals to complete a brief series of questionnaires online. At the end of the survey, all partici
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fragile by don64 @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

Hi kc, Sending you lots of support for loving yourself and valuing yourself. You are so worth it. Don
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My CSA Survivor Husband left me last week.... by HD001 @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

I empathize a lot with your situation. For years I pushed and cried myself to sleep. I wore me down and H and I separated for a couple months earlier this year. I've been back home for almost a month now. I can't speak for H but I can tell you th
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.