Newest Members
bluecat, thisisforJK, country_guy, ce, Lalinda
12602 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Dhome3 (56), Riley (28), sandylee (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (DaiseyLady, NoSimpleMachine, Michael1965, takingitslow, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12602 Members
74 Forums
64711 Topics
452261 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just got to dump. by BDD @ 58 minutes 13 seconds ago

Thank you guys, I am going to take my time and think this through. It helped to vent yesterday, I am oddly calm and centered today! Thank you for your suggestions and support!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My Long Story Made Short (As Possible). by Jak @ Today at 08:47 AM

Bravefalcon, thank you for sharing your story with us. I can identify with some of what you went through. Although I was never abused physically in the ways you were. Still mentally I have gone through the shame and humiliation part from being called
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: does anyone suffer from paranoia? by sorryson @ Today at 08:20 AM

I did and then had my nervous breakdown. I am learning how much the sexual abuse played in my nervous breakdown. It was difficult to trust anyone, thinking they were out to get me. I am over that but still facing other challenges the abuse left me
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ Today at 08:19 AM

as an update I'm still dry so i'm happy about that. the problem is that now I cannot hide from my triggers and I'm having a hard time facing them. My cutting has gotten worse and with the lack of alcohol to deaden those triggers it seems that I have
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Physical and Psychological Conditions from CSA by sorryson @ Today at 08:13 AM

I find this fascinating. I spoke with my doctor about this. He told me and I did not know, my nervous breakdown occurred when th parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems went out of kilter. The vagus nerve which would calm down the system was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by PhoenixRising @ Today at 07:51 AM

Beautiful work. There is a way in which you allow us with the gentle music and some positive pictures to move beyond the violence in others. I needed a little warmth for myself this morning beyond my body pains, and your video gave me some. Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Perspectives by PhoenixRising @ Today at 07:29 AM

I could use some perspective on whats going on for me now as it is particularly painful and I feel isolated and alone, yet there may be some positive to it. For the past few years I have been underemployed, working part time to make enough to just ge
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: vacillating emotions by Nothing Man @ Today at 06:56 AM

Hi iaccus. Have you met with a psychiatrist? You may be bipolar and that is treatable. But take whatever I say with a grain of salt as I am not a doctor. I hope you enjoy your time with your son this weekend. Mike
Introductions
Jump to new posts My Introduction - Looking for new Beginning by Lalinda @ Today at 05:56 AM

Hi All, My Name is lalinda. im really glad that i found this place. i was sexually abuse by my uncle when i was about 5. and he keep abused me for next 10 years. i haven't spoke about this to anyone until now. those memories are coming back now.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Growing Pains by Banjo596 @ Today at 04:39 AM

So glad it came at the right time for you. Originally Posted By: victor-victim“The heart that breaks open can contain the whole universe.” ~ Joanna Macy I have been thinking of getting a tattoo for a couple of years now and these words fit my
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: A quick introduction by GoodKiwi @ Today at 04:07 AM

Thanks Victor. There is so much about what happened that I'm just starting to grasp. Have been reading about chloroform too. The margin between being fully anesthetised and being dead is quite narrow. It's not the instant knock out drug as portrayed
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: symbiotogram by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

nausea=unease
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to rebuild from my past. by Michgem @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Thanks, makes sense. I found two meditations and both hit home. These two days are just that, two days. I need to stick to the plan agreed to on Monday. Even when things happen stress wise, right after another each one in it's self is just that.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

HD, you have needs. Set aside the CSA for a moment, set aside the love for a moment, and ask yourself what your response would be if anyone else was not fulfilling your needs. If it was anyone else, how long would you continue to allow a situation wi
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Amy Chua, "Tiger Mother" by Becoming Other @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

When it was just the Tiger Mother book, it sounded like the husband Jed didn't really stand with her and was doing things to mitigate her actions. Now with this new book, it is clear that Jed does indeed stand with her. Listening to him, he goes ri
Off Topic
Jump to new posts a busy life or a lousy life? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

i think it's both
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise Motivation Team by txb @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Last week didn't go so great, but somehow I gained 0.5kg, (about 1lb) so I was really happy with that! Things are massively stressful right now. I have 2 assignments due in the next couple of days, one I haven't even started yet, and most of my day
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A song to help with depression by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

No problem
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DBT/Borderline Personality Disorder by txb @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

I'm glad you are doing ok. I'm totally stressed and pushed for time right now but I wanted to respond to this because I have done DBT before. I really hated it! I suppose it was not for me. I mainly just wanted someone to listen to me and tell me s
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse as a child possibly linked to adult illness by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

Great read. I believe it is true. Abuse and trauma leaves the victim in a state of confusion and stress unless treated.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by myrlin @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Toilet Man to the rescue! (Of what????)
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

Keep talking, Goran. Letting it out is a good step toward healing. I wish you peace, healing and happiness. Mike
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Does This Ever Get You Annoyed? by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Abusers seem to come in all forms. That's why it is hard to trust anyone, at least for me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Question/s by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Tanis, part of the problem I have experienced is that the emotions can be so overwhelming that dealing with them becomes a fearsome and daunting task that is better not done lest control be lost. It is easier to suppress the memories and maintain a
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Rabbit Hole Once More by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:09 AM

great poem, lionking. you made me feel everything. this is dedicated to you. i've been down there too! going down the rabbit hole. it's a bottomless pit. don't stain your soul with the slime and $#ˇT. be careful down there. if you take the
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.