Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (aniceguy, Garf, Bluedogone, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64012 Topics
446746 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts I'm Thankful by Bluedogone @ 31 minutes 2 seconds ago

I'm thankful that I found MS. Even though it's taken 60 years to get to this place in my life where I know I'm not alone in facing down the effects of CSA. Healing and recovery are ongoing processes. I'm thankful that my two boys have grown into ma
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: You know you're getting older when ... by Bluedogone @ 51 minutes 12 seconds ago

Your wife says, "Let's run upstairs and make love." And you say, "You'll have to choose which one, I can't do both.".....When you never buy green bananas.....When you sink your teeth in a steak and they stay there.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Learn to bring God into your broken desires by nltsaved @ Today at 09:05 PM

Nathan Tice 11/24/2014 (notes) from a sermon Learn to bring God into your broken desires. Instead of lusting bring God into your lust by saying simply, God I really feel like lusting right now and I invite you into this moment,this feeling this desi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the motivation? by OCN @ Today at 08:18 PM

Thanks guys! I know it is a phase and that i need to do some extra work to get out of this. @NM: i really don't feel comfortable with anti-depressants. I have been selfmedicating myself for years with marihuana, but i don't want to get into a new ad
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by OCN @ Today at 08:11 PM

Great post KMCINVA! I know it is possible, i've tasted some of it.. keep up the good work!!
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Bill Cosby accused of rape/sexual abuse by Chase Eric @ Today at 07:07 PM

The situation ultimately is not amenable to opinion. Facts still must be ferreted out with possible testimony and trial. I personally try to avoid forming opinions without facts. As ugly as the conjecture can be, it is still just that. Churchill
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings & some thoughts by une.vie.d.espoir @ Today at 06:17 PM

Happy Birthday, from Jean-Pierre
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: teacher abuse case costs LA $100 M+ by Nothing Man @ Today at 05:22 PM

A certain famous comedian has been dogged for years of numerous allegations of sexual assault against young women. For some reason only now are people waking up to this string of charges of rape. Sometimes we cannot believe that a (insert your own
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts the silence continues. the children suffer. by victor-victim @ Today at 01:43 PM

revealing documentary. survivors speak out. very upsetting and triggering. Trafficking of Children in the United States: Documentary Film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlvObVuKeE The U.K. Political Pedophile Ring Scandal is Just The Tip of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bathroom Challenge by Jay1946 @ Today at 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Jed777I went to a conservative religious college. I was essentially shut down sexually as a result of a series of abuse experiences. I was able to pass as sexually abstinent in preparation for marriage, but I was an emotional an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Al-Anon by catfish86 @ Today at 09:54 AM

I am in AA. There is a symbiotic relationship. The founder of Al Anon was the wife of one of the founders of AA. I sat in on a couple of meetings and was surprised that Al Anon works almost verbatim the same 12 steps. There are several I know tha
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A ghost story. by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:57 AM

Peter I am sorry for the years you suffered through Thanksgiving. What you endured was horrible. It is wonderful to see your resilience and desire to face the demon of the past. I hope this Thanksgiving is truly a defining moment and you can enjo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: starting a blog by traveler @ Today at 08:44 AM

that does take courage. i commend you. my suggestion is to introduce yourself as you are today. let the reader get to know you. then maybe go back to the circumstances that let to your abuse history and tell the story from there on. another approac
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Tell by Still @ Today at 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarbabyHe's now stuck with his wife who is now (in her own little corner of the world) turned into the defender of male abuse victims. BUT - telling set him free. With or without me, for the rest of his life he is free. And
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by Still @ Today at 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: JudeThe rapist gets shared custody? There's some thing wrong with this picture.*****It seems implausible that a judge would not consider a charge of rape at knifepoint a barrier to custody. Guys. Family courts do NOT follow th
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Perp turned in before Statute of Limitations!! by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Erik, That same line stuck with me as well, though I don't recall witnessing any self-reproach. Denial and deflection come to mind. The victim interviewed here seems to have reasonably healthy attitude at this point. I hope he can maintain that goin
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Criminal Minds: "Look Up To The Sky"**Triggers** by Jude @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

In a post from about a year ago, I described an episode of the TV show Criminal Minds, The Fighter in which the character Derek Morgan (played by Shemar Moore)confronts Carl Buford, who repeatedly molested him as a boy. Buford tries to set up Dere
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inaccessibility of Help by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

Have you tried to get help via a children's crisis center? Often they will have a certain amount of time to spend on adults as well as children. That's where I got my first start, even though I was 56 at the time. I fell into a competent and quali
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: speeding blind by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

mirrors. everywhere you look... there you are. half size and backwards. http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442246#Post442246
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: At that point with Mom by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Thought provoking indeed. You each tell of something that I can relate to, however the line that really hits home is "What has been discussed here in other posts is how the evolution of a dynamic with one's mother can result in living as a se
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ..iridescence from Hell by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:34 AM

you hit my nail on the head. god bless you, anonymous. you said what needed to be said. thank you from all of us.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update and looking for advice by matt123 @ Yesterday at 05:07 AM

Thank you all. Your advice and sharing your stories for me has been an enormous help. Garf and Bardo: Between both of your posts I think it impossible to write something more accurate about my life and experiences. I definitely think I can take a l
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: its not easy by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

beautiful honest sentiment. i love it. full of courage. thanks for sharing.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.