Newest Members
Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai, ratherbfishing
12809 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (55), Carlos Gerardo (42), FERALFOO (49), Jolly Fisherman (60), Karl (63), MikeInFlorida (53), mizphit09 (38), oktobe_me (54), Yaoichan (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (Banjo596), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12809 Members
75 Forums
66098 Topics
462016 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: My Karma trying to understand **may Trigger** by Luckylarry1 @ Today at 12:02 AM

I am new to this site and only have had 18 months of VA counseling so far. I had done such a damned good job of being a chameleon for 47 years. But I have run our of the strength to maintain such a facade. My MST has taken over my thoughts and fears,
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Minneapolis MST group possibility by Luckylarry1 @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

I appreciate your efforts in Minnesota. I am new to this site and have only been in VA counseling for 18 months. I have yet to find a group of men who experienced MST. I am not comfortable with discussing my issues, yet help is so very hard to find.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by iaccus @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

thank you Victor-victim
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and done by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

NO, Terry1992, YOU WIN! thanks for putting it out there.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts overcoming by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

The word “overcome”, “overcometh”, and “overcomer”, comes from the Greek word “NIKAO” and appears in the Bible 32 times. nikáo (from níke = 'victory') – conquer (overcome); 'to carry off the victory, come off victorious.' The verb implies a ba
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Looking for support by gaatt @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Hi Guys, As I've been attempting to get more involved in my community (isolation has been a major concern of mine), I've been running into challenges. I'd like very much for the existence of some kind of peer support group where I live. I've tried
Humor
Jump to new posts Lawyer jokes by ig3 @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

A lawyer dies and goes to heaven. He says “I want to appeal; there’s been a terrible mistake.” So he is brought before a three-angel tribunal to plead his case. He says: “I’m 40 years old, I run marathons; I’m in perfect health, I’ve got a wife and t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by Sterling @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

do anything to feel happy. feel comfortable. feel okay. you dont like him. you hate yourself goran. dont want anymore voices please go away. don t want to look at guys please i am begging you. . i ont ownat ot ove. you. please god no om
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mysterious skin by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

I saw the film while I was still drinking and before I started seeing my therapist. It was triggering, frightening, and dredged up terrible memories. I truly do not recommend it for abuse survivors -- if nothing else for the depiction of a brutal r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Best Advice by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

It's not my fault.
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by MarkK @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

i know this is an old post - but it hit me. What i finally started doing to make a difference is i started a blog. i began just posting some of my older stuff from my journal. Some was heavy some not. Anyway, it's progressed to where i've started
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual abuse of boys - Article! by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Silenttoolong, your post resonated with me as well, and the same phrase that caught Eirik's attention got mine too: "don't really know how my father didn't know what was going on..." My mother sexually abused me for years, until I was abou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Daily Dilemas by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Mike I have been there--fear can grip you and take over your life. Have you tried to make a list, no matter how long of what does not scare you, and they try to hold onto those parts of your life and slowly move one by one items from the scared lis
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: been a while by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Welcome back Mike!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 3 by payne @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Me too and I feel bad that I do.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 4 (incest survivor poll) by silenttolong @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

my stepmother was my abuser Started at 12 after I came to live with her at 11 shortly before I was 12 I met her at 10 for 2 weeks and again at 11 for 2 weeks and I think she was grooming me then so I would come to live with her and dad Long hugs and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ages and Stages of Recovery---Possible TRIGGERS by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Will - I saw this on a link you made from another post, and managed to set aside a block of time to read through it, absorb it. I thank you for sharing, and am grateful for your ability to write it out so eloquently. There were certain things tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

I told 37 years later from last incident. It started at 7. Acted out at 12 trying to get attention. That didn't work. Molestation continued till i was 15. Been working on it for 2years. Still difficult some days the triggers wear you down.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Little Things by peroperic2009 @ Yesterday at 05:55 AM

It is so nice to read all these inputs Originally Posted By: betrayed boyadd more later, oh sorry I don't know how to put my stuff in here like u guys do It is nothing difficult just press enter key when you want new line to start while
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Deleted by Daryl X. @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM

Deleted
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: G/F Seeking CSA Understanding by KFo84 @ Yesterday at 05:24 AM

Yes, what pushed me in this direction was that I found explicit pics a guy had sent him. Although it's only been once that I've found, I know of no straight man to have such pics..
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by HealingHope @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

Hi Victor, thank you for your warm welcome. Hope is something I've always told my bf when he's lost all his, that I have more than enough hope for both of us
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Ashley Madison & Male Bashing by Jude @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

Not sure where this belongs so I chose "News". The Ashley Madison hack and publication of its membership list have received a lot of media attention, and commentary. Most of it negative, and most of it directed at men. Yes, they knew all al
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are You a Carrot, Egg or Coffee Bean by Survivinguy @ 09/01/15 11:35 PM

I have definitely been all 3 at various stages of pre-recovery and recovery. At this stage I am a coffee covered egg. I am actually speaking publicly about my abuse so I am coffee beanish but I still struggle to fully connect to my emotions or al
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by Survivinguy @ 09/01/15 11:17 PM

Hey good to hear your week is better. I can relate to flashbacks and body memories at work. A couple tricks I use: 1 - aromatherapy. I keep small bottles of various scents in my office. Lavender, tangerine, vanilla extract and a blend that smells
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.