Newest Members
payne, JeremyFlicker, Nathan L, dropsofawe, Jeffer
12739 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alex (52), sa32 (41), Val (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (derekjw, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12739 Members
75 Forums
65596 Topics
458778 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: First Post by woodenshoes @ 54 minutes 35 seconds ago

Eqcr Welcome, but sorry you need to be here. Great group og people here. Ws
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Should I tell my wife? by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Payne: To some extent, words can fail us in describing abuse, even though that seems like they all there is to communicate. What is difficult for most women is to grasp the fact that a mother can be eroticizing the relationship with her son conscio
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by jj78 @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Chase EricOriginally Posted By: jj78I also think that we have to be careful in making statements about accepting who people are, as that can be used to justify just about anything. ... To bring this to an example of CSA, one sur
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does working out trigger you? by Survivinguy @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Thanks for the responses guys - Don I appreciate that you can relate and that you shared so much of your experience and KC I appreciate your good advice of maintaining a healthy workout without pushing too hard.
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Hey JayBro Thanks for the offer of saving me. I haven't been in the Village on a Saturday night in over 40 years. The hustle and bustle is looks the same as 40-50 years ago except you didn't see the kid hustling on the streets. I drove past some of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling left out - possible trigger warning by Magellan @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Hi Bobcat, Without being there, I can only guess as to what happened. I have had some history of wanting to see another guy's junk when they're naked. And even when I think they're not catching that I've taken a look, there are many times that I t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inside Out (movie) by jj78 @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Hey Suwanee-I just watched this yesterday with the kids, and I had a similar reaction. It took me back to my youth and the realization that I did not have many of those emotions present during the csa as I became emotionally numb. It was really wel
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: shame by Sad in the Midwe @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

These are wise words. Thank you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: On manhood, women, sexuality and pain. (triggers) by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Feel the same way ...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mother Asked About Abuse by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Paul It took a lot of courage for your mother to ask about the abuse. Hearing about and apologizing is different than wanting to hear from you. I do hope as you said, your mother does find happiness. I was wondering how did you feel about the quest
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Dating/loving a Survivor: It's not ALL bad, is it? by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

JW, I can certainly appreciate the concern you just expressed. I think it would be key to find the right girl, not the girl right now. In some respects it won't be an ideal situation for the girl...relationships should be easy, right? But what I can
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Wednesday, July 1, 2015 by Anomalous @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for Wednesday, July 1, 2015. Anomalous
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: "Was I Abused?" by Bardo @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Payne, Welcome to MS, I'm really glad you found us! Good men here, who have all been through some version of your suffering. Lean on us. All the best, Freeman
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The rest of the story *Trigger Alert* by Bardo @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Thank you all for your support. Its so true that although life is now harder, what with all of the revealed horror of my life, it is certainly more authentic. And there is a path to more peace. May we all forge ahead on that path. Its interesting how
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My apologies by Sven @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

No need to apologise 20 times bobcat I was simply taking care of myself when I left the room. We all miss stuff sometimes, i'm not mad you didn't see the trigger warning question. Although i'm not sure that topic belongs in chat with or without trig
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm a hollow man by Winhamness @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Songs make me cry these days. I feel empty too. Especially when I'm alone or when I'm with my parents. I wish I had answers for you. Some days are better then others.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Robert1000 @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

That's a good idea, Judith. Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Robert1000 @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Hey Freeman, I completely agree with you, and my symptoms/behavior actually mirrors yours pretty well, as far as your description goes. Bob
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to calm down - he lied again by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Update - Things are fine with me. I am not torturing him by throwing the lies in his face. All I said to him was that I felt as though he lied to me in order to access my money, that he was willing to put my safety at risk in order to delay his nee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cant get past the shame by bey @ Yesterday at 07:18 AM

Agree with mike, if you talk, the shame goes away a bit. Easier said than done, I know.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: burden by traveler @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

one of your best, i think, Victor! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confused by sportinrucks @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

Sorry that you didn't get the support that you needed. I had a ''friend'' who I told when I was about 16 or 18, I don't remember the exact age but his response was ''that explains it'' in a very ''not giving a ____ way'' and that was pretty much it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting one of my perps by don64 @ 06/28/15 11:27 PM

I'm sending you love and support, Winter-rain. Life can feel so empty and hopeless, at times. I have found the ability to just doggedly keep on walking has been my most profound asset. It doesn't mean I don't need to stop and rest often, because I
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by Suwanee @ 06/28/15 11:17 PM

Today: A recollection…the hot summer of 1987. I was a newly-minted fifteen year-old kid. Out where the river broke The blood wood and the desert oak Holden wrecks and boiling diesels Steam in forty five degrees The time has come To say fair'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fragments of memory by justplainme @ 06/28/15 08:58 PM

This the reason why you didn't know any better : My mother took me to bed."your uncle had too much to drink is all." Your mother basically said it's ok, that is normal behavior for people. Instead of calling the police. From then on your
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.