Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (maxxie, CafeMan, 3 invisible), 67 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62553 Topics
438320 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by traveler @ 39 minutes 39 seconds ago

yeah, i know. i am also thinking of others... we need each other so much. thank you, Kevin.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by JayBro @ Today at 01:47 PM

I absolutely agree with you! I think prevention measures are needed in conjunction for postvention measures for youth and adults who have survived abuse.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Thank you so much for providing me with more info on this topic! I am so horrified by this project.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by On The Fringe @ Today at 12:37 PM

That is awesome on your great progress over time. I like the idea of being loving and kind to ourselves as we grow. The whole arena of intimacy can be quite mystifying. I know some, including me, were troubled by SSA. Maybe here is a chance you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Rough Week - small trigger by Jay1946 @ Today at 10:13 AM

Look at it another way. If your brother took it poorly, is because he cares. Having a brother who cares has to be a plus in one's life.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by don64 @ Today at 08:45 AM

Hi TEBA, "Should've kept my trap shut" is never healthy in my opinion. It's not that I should never talk, it's that I have to learn to talk in situations that work for me. I have to learn to discern. I have to figure out what is healthy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by ScottSmith @ Today at 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottSmithback in the day we would laugh and be silly even though the pain was still there it was nice to know for in those moments the pain was gone Matt i hope the pain is gone but your family and friends will feel your lose
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: forgive777Originally Posted By: jas4159Wow what a powerful post. You have been thru a lot and so much pain. I can particularly relate to your journaling. i experienced a very similar thing with the flash backs. But i found jo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Whistleblowers on C-SPAN by pufferfish @ Today at 12:19 AM

Important issue: http://www.c-span.org/video/?318762-1/challenges-facing-whistleblowers Many male survivors have become involved in whistleblowing as they revealed their abuse. The panel also discusses the issue of torture. Puffer
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Serial Child Molester Commits Suicide by concerned_husky @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/04/2.../7731398196349/ Summary - teacher molested at least 90 underaged boys at multiple schools around the world. He committed suicide before they could arrest him. I knew this man. Bone-chilling.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I screwed up by Castle @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher/Student relationships by genedebs @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

If it is of interest to you, DavoSwim, there are requirements under Title IX of the civil rights act that not only should it be reported, but the school is required to inform parents, staff, and students how to report, their to annonymity, and the pr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by genedebs @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

My older brother was one my perps. He does not think there is anything to ask forgiveness for. He believes it is natural for one individual who experienced some csa is normal to do that to others. When I was making my 9th step amends (in a 12 ste
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all. Confused and new to this. by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Hi teba, Thanks for your introduction. I hope you find the ms forums helpful and healing. There are a lot of men with experience handling these matters and recovery here. Welcome to MS.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Gordon Stuckless pleads guilty to 100 charge by I Want 2 Thrive @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ShortedDiodeHopefully this time he gets thrown in prison for a long, long time UNDER the prison...
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts My life thus far. The long version ***TRIGGERS*** by I Want 2 Thrive @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

A survivor is born... Some of my early life is pieced together from family stories, and the notes from the child psychologist who treated me early in my childhood, due to physical abuse but that's getting ahead of the story. I was not just from a bl
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Low Testosterone by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

I am struggling with this problem. Dr. Oz had a segment of his program today on this. He presented a doctor who has written a book about it. I've assembled several links to Oz programs on this subject (not in any particular order): The book is by
Jump to new posts Re: What is Health? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

Hi Dark Empathy, Originally Posted By: dark empathyFrankly I hate this sexist crap in society and I can't help feeling jealous about it. Yes, I hate it too. It cripples us and leaves us vulnerable to the crap that women can toss our way with relati
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual charge post trauma by gaatt @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Wow! That is challenging! I hear you on defaulting to focus on the needs of others. I do pretty much exactly the same thing with most women. My needs (non-sexual touch and healthy bonding (healing early childhood trauma)) usually go unrecognized and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a Letter to my perpatrator by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

very heart felt. i can relate becuase my abusers also died before i could confront him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to continue progress? by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Andy you should read my blog. i can so relate. self sabotage was the cleverest of my tools for self punishment and not achieving my full potential. This being said as my recovery has progressed it has changed so much for the better. keep asking a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perpetually Healing/Supposed To by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

thanks for posting. i really like your web site. it is informative and real.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just giving something better by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

glad you are back and i really liked the song.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Limbo by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

I think you may be right. for me i was having the same problem so i decide to stay away from women until i was well into recovery and had a good handle on it. it worked well and it sounds like you are also on the right track.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ....and I can still be an ass! by jas4159 @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

I am glad you are so positive and up. None of us is perfect we are only people and people only have perfect intentions.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.