Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (Aptrick, ACRoberts, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Hi Geoff, What a nice thing to say to me. Thank you. Best wishes to you, too. Don
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: How do you nurture your inner infant? by don64 @ Today at 12:27 AM

Hi Gaatt, I was severely battered, sexually abused, smothered with pillows and manually strangled in infancy, so it's a big issue with me. It is also why it has been so tragically difficult for me to make progress in teaching myself healthier ways
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ Today at 12:01 AM

Hi I Want 2 Thrive, Originally Posted By: I Want 2 ThriveBeing a Navy Brat was my escape from my abuser. That's interesting. I just read the short version of your story. It feels good to me that the military protected you. There is lots about my fa
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Butterfly Effect by VASurvivor @ Today at 12:00 AM

Well thank you. That movie has me a wreck right now - in a good way though.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the concept of "playing"... by don64 @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Playing for me is singing and playing the piano, and doing it with others. My abuse so compromised my abilities to express myself singing and playing the piano, that I am only now at age 65 seeing the possibilities of unfettered joy with my musical
Hi Learning2Remember, Originally Posted By: learning2remember So, I call that progress, but I didn't post it in the progress forum because I'm interested if other survivors of female abuse can relate at all. I can definitely relate. I often struggl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Quote:I mean no disrespect to the LGBT community, or anyone on this site or elsewhere who is living a gay or bi-sexual life. None taken. The lie is that a boy who is abused by another male will become gay. The other lie is that he won't. The truth
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Wife of survivor, want to introduce myself by Going forward @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Don't give up ; you sound committed to helping your husband recover and be the person he deserves to be. You will be amazed at the inner strength you have to help both of you have the happiness you both deserve
Jump to new posts Re: being touched by learning2remember @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Thanks for the thoughts.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin... by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Welcome, and I am sorry for the reasons you are here. You will find compassion, understanding and help here. I wish you peace and healing.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by journey4two @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

I can hardly get through this thread without tears. You all nailed it exactly. I do believe change is possible... if both people are willing. I know how that might sound... why should I change? I've been loyal, faithful, supportive... you name it
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My recent thoughts...... by journey4two @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Appreciate your words KMCINVA. I am the wife of a survivor and brand new to the forum. I have become (to some degree) enmeshed in my own pain. Thank for reminding me that I need to be strong and not resort to any behavior that would hurt him furth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My relationship towards my self by Aptrick @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Its strange to read this and realize the 'potential' that has been blocked, not taken, because of the abuse. Innocence and potential ARE separate things but its odd to view them as separate, to realize so much was shut down or 'hidden' to protect fro
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

I was wondering....I didn't know where you are and still don't know because the size of the area affected by Ebola is enormous and spreads through 4 countries. I heard on the news that there is 1 doctor for every 1,000,000 people puffer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Give Yourself a Break by don64 @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Hi 1lifenow, One of the effects of my abuse was to totally disable my ability to feel love, compassion and any sense of kindness and caring for myself. In fact, one of the effects of my abuse was to set in motion a long term program of destroying a
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Self Examination is Not for the weak by victor-victim @ 08/26/14 11:02 PM

amen. a good read with good ideas. the bible is my measuring stick. I cannot discern progress without it. if I am not brutally honest with myself I will deny my own faults. being "good enough" was not good enough. I wanted mor
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: The Nose Knows by Ever-fixed Mark @ 08/26/14 07:10 PM

Thanks, 1lifenow. Studies like these really make the blanket "sexual orientation is a choice" argument increasingly tougher to make. I don't think you can choose to have a different brain structure that's wired to interpret stimuli differe
Humor
Jump to new posts lawyer jokes by Nothing Man @ 08/26/14 03:22 PM

A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge. Q. What do you call a splinter in a lawyer's a**? A. S*** on a stick. Q. What do you call two splinters in a lawyer's a**? A. A damned waste of wood. When lawyers fall overboard
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: He told his father by sugarbaby @ 08/26/14 01:01 PM

Denial is a powerful thing.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Just how many mistakes do they need to make by tbkkfile @ 08/26/14 12:47 PM

Time and time again the authorities over here in the UK have let the children of this country down, the local government, police, social workers, schools, clergy and all we hear again and again is that they are learning the lessons of their mistakes,
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: depressed H by sugarbaby @ 08/26/14 12:22 PM

Yes I did. Not much I did ever helped that so I'm not sure what the answer should be. Maybe you should look for some psych articles on how to support someone suffering from depression?
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How did you find help? by sugarbaby @ 08/26/14 12:16 PM

I'm still looking. This site the best I've found. There are like 10,000 books reiterating (IMHO) most of the same material. Therapists are pricey and often very inexperienced in this arena. You have to keep looking though. You may hit upon somethin
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Catch 22 by sugarbaby @ 08/26/14 12:06 PM

I am very sorry for the crisis you are all in. Don't you or your son let other people's uneducated (on this topic) views determine your courses of action. They don't understand. Period. Your sisters do not understand the issue. As someone who once di
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts , by Still @ 08/26/14 10:47 AM

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.