Newest Members
thisisforJK, country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman
12601 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deano39 (51), debsjeff (50), J.Baby (29), Pathfinder (66), phoster (50), phoster2 (50), repentantjeff (50), russ-in-milwaukee (45), russ-milwaukee (45), zadok1 (50)
Who's Online
8 registered (iaccus, Michael1965, Bluedogone, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12601 Members
74 Forums
64706 Topics
452229 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Abuse as a child possibly linked to adult illness by GoodHope @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/03/02/377569413/can-family-secrets-make-you-sick
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Baby-Rape ****TRIGGER WARN**** by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:48 AM

this just saddens and sickens me. i get frustrated and furious. it is amazing that this girl got any kind of protection, and it gives me some small measure of restored faith to see there are people willing to fight to protect this children even
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi! Id like to introduce myself. by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:13 AM

wow, great intro. i was reading, thinking, "this person really can write well" and then my next thought was, "he is very well healed and recovered and sounds positive" and then POW! i read the first line of the fourth paragra
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi! Id like to introduce myself. by traveler @ Yesterday at 03:37 AM

Welcome, Richard! It is good to know that we survivors have another spokesman out there who is speaking up for us and gaining public recognition for it. I look forward to reading more from you. I hope you will benefit from becoming part of this com
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Caring for yourself / Caring for him by HD001 @ Yesterday at 12:32 AM

A saying I like is "not my circus not my monkeys." It's good to be able to set aside to time to listen and be supportive, even give feedback if it's wanted. For me the hard part is leaving the conversation and not carrying the other person'
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Pain by HD001 @ Yesterday at 12:18 AM

I'm going to therapy and al anon. I've started working towards and accomplishing some major goals. I've started a small skincare company which is a dream I've always been too scared to tackle...until now. I've lost 20 lbs. I'm really focusing on myse
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any suggestion??? by MYTIME @ 03/02/15 11:33 PM

I just want to say thank so much to all of you for your support and input. Its true than even though we are here due to different stories, the effects have a lot in common. I have read all the replies and it helps a lot to hear that things that I h
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: insecurities and bullies by woodenshoes @ 03/02/15 10:34 PM

Shyshark There are those that care for there fellow man and those that hurt others. The world is a place of many colours. If we were painted with the same brush, we would all be the same. We are not all the same and you have to look beyond the su
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: is this normal as a CSA survivor ? by Chase Eric @ 03/02/15 10:25 PM

For many of us, sexual abuse did not "feel" like abuse at the time. That's what separates sexual abuse from non-sexual abuse, in my experience - if someone punched me in the gut, there would be no conflict between the way I felt and the wa
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to rebuild from my past. by Michgem @ 03/02/15 10:16 PM

Well it is a new week. Had an hour with my counselor. We started out asking how I would grade my self overall last week. I told him a D-. Then we started going over why I felt that way. Long story short he showed me that with all the screwed up
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: is this normal as a CSA survivor ? by VASurvivor @ 03/02/15 09:54 PM

Yes. Very. It's also "normal" to sympathize with your abuser(s). Google Stockholm Syndrome.
Poetry
Jump to new posts insecurities and bullies by Shyshark @ 03/02/15 08:45 PM

Living a life controlled by insecurity ... fear of rejection and betrayal ... ever fearful of who will spit in his face or stab him in the back is no way to live. It becomes permanently imprinted on his child's mind, when that is what it was like for
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi! Id like to introduce myself. by Chase Eric @ 03/02/15 08:21 PM

Your story is very affecting, and while I welcome you here, I am sorry for the reasons that brought you to us. I am particularly excited that you are a writer. Putting words to our shame, phrasing our secrets - the process is therapeutic and the pr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts is this normal as a CSA survivor ? by Tryingtolive @ 03/02/15 07:38 PM

Is it normal for me to be in denial about my abuse . I still don't think it was abuse . But in reality it was ?
Introductions
Jump to new posts Hi! Id like to introduce myself. by RichNewman @ 03/02/15 06:48 PM

My name is Richard, and I am really happy to here. I survived sexual abuse twice when I was a teenager back in the 1970s, each time by a different man. The first time, when I was twelve or thirteen, the man who violated me was a stranger who lived in
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 03/02/15 06:15 PM

when I want pnies. I don't want to spell that. I don't want you go away.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Myth of Autism, by Sami Timimi by Becoming Other @ 03/02/15 06:08 PM

The myth of autism : medicalising men's and boys' social and emotional competence / Sami Timimi, Neil Gardner, and Brian McCabe Basingstoke, Hampshire [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011 This book is actually quite challenging for me t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 03/02/15 05:29 PM

he came into. left more. I want more. want more. food I give me more food. if I eat I make them happy. I hate you kiril. I will never see you ever again. I don't know why mom stays.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Super Golden Friends by Sterling @ 03/02/15 05:27 PM

that's pretty good. thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: surroundings by traveler @ 03/02/15 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Obiwhenever i was on an actual date i usually got told that i wasn't interested in the person i was on the date with, because i wasn't making eye contact with that person for most of my time. that i was constantly looking all ar
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.