Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443078 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Little Boy Lost by 1lifenow @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

I had been dating a great guy for almost the last 2 years, kinda hard to believe. Truly the man of my dreams sexually, emotionally and on a level of connection and love i did not even know i was capable of. My kids think he is great, and my ex ado
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: breakthrough is scaring the crap out of me by don64 @ Yesterday at 01:35 AM

Hi Everyone, I removed the references to specific churches that I had included in my original post. Though I intended no criticism of any particular Church, I realize it was insensitive of me to include specific Faith groups, one I had a bad experi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: changing dynamics by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

Hi Obi Don is right, keep a place where you don't have to shut off your emotions. About a year ago my wife suffered a breakdown, I stuffed everything back into pandora's box and put my recovery on hold - I just didn't have the capacity to deal with
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Economic impact of child sexual abuse profound by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

Yes as well Puffer seems to echo my journey, I'm now 56 and in the middle of recovery, it's way too late for me to start again. Don - I'm interested in how you withdrew from capitalism and materialism and what it's mean't for you. David
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by don64 @ Yesterday at 12:57 AM

Hi Randombreeze, I get into trouble whenever I expect to see long term solutions to my abuse issues. I do get long term healing, but it is something that just occurs as part of the process, and not something that I can attach expectations to. The
Jump to new posts Re: breakthrough is scaring the crap out of me by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:54 AM

don64, In some respects, my experiences were almost opposite of yours. I was brought up mostly in a godless environment. I never had a chance to become bitter about religion. So, when I did start to find the reality of God, it was like a relief f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by don64 @ Yesterday at 12:50 AM

Hi Patrick, I endured a LOT of violence with abuse. I've had periods where my throat would involuntary choke off, and I would be unable to talk if I was trying to talk about my abuse. I still go into panic attacks as I move deeper toward putting e
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Economic impact of child sexual abuse profound by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:40 AM

Yes... I have shared many of the experiences mentioned in this thread. By the time I was about 45, I had steady employment and I was respected in my profession. When the memories started rolling in, I took a tumble in employment. I guess my defen
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: gaatt I've been reading Patricia Love's "The Emotional Incest Syndrome". She talks of incest being a family affair and identifies the effect on different members of the family. She mentions that single parent families
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question: What the hell do people think of me? by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

will, I think it's pretty common for csa survivors to experience the doubts that you described. I can even find some references in a book or two about it, but not tonight. It's already too late. Puffer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: pattom i need help guys. does anyone else understand this? am i crazy? i really need to talk with anyone else who experienced violence with their csa. im scared guys. even 44 years later, i am still terrified of my perp, intelle
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts i need your help guys... by pattom @ 08/19/14 11:51 PM

it seems that i have demoted myself here. i have once again become a lurker. i have been exchanging PMs with a few of you, but for the last couple of months i have been very silent in the public forums. i read everything in the forums. i have even tr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A question: What the hell do people think of me? by Suwanee @ 08/19/14 10:53 PM

What the hell do people think of me? I haven't made a new post of my own in quite some time and I don't know whether or not to post this here--or at all. It's not directly a CSA issue, but it is certainly related. There's a blind spot in my unders
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Reality Check by randombreeze @ 08/19/14 10:50 PM

At the turn of this new year I finally committed to taking serious steps toward taking care of myself after living a lie for 42 some years. I found this website and the incredible community of fellow survivors, realizing not only was I not alone, bu
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by KMCINVA @ 08/19/14 10:03 PM

Sorry I missed this posting. Great news. I can relate to the nights without nightmares and flashbacks-such welcome relief. Sounds like everyone is moving in the right direction. Your son seemed to be a great mediator. You should be proud of his o
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: being touched by focusedbody @ 08/19/14 09:53 PM

Thanks everyone, for your responses. Recently I came across something in a book recommended on this site, Sexual Anorexia. One of the definitions of healthy sexuality in a family is the distinguishing between different kinds of contact: nurturing
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/19/14 09:06 PM

So I've had 5 or 6 days to mull this whole situation over, and I needed it. The diverse mental processes that have been involved in figuring out how to approach this issue and my mom have touched on various other subjects, helped me work out some th
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Abuse of Boys by cosmos @ 08/19/14 06:27 PM

thanx Puffer Chris
Jump to new posts breakthrough is scaring the crap out of me by don64 @ 08/19/14 06:23 PM

Hi Everyone, My parents are my abusers, my father is a Christian Minister, and the religion I grew up in was very harsh and judgmental for me. I generalized the intolerance I grew up with to all of Christianity. It's taken me three years and a lot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dear Cardinal O'Maley by DavoSwim @ 08/19/14 05:55 PM

motmcd, I'm very sorry that the office of the Cardinal hasn't responded with a greater sense of urgency as well as compassion. In order for them to have credibility in issues of morality, it's necessary that they act with moral authority. If they c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: changing dynamics by don64 @ 08/19/14 05:51 PM

Hi Obi, I hope you keep a place where you don't have to shut off your emotions. Post here all you want. I'm happy to support you in any way I can. Don
Male Survivors
My ability to work went straight downhill from age 45. I could no longer work at all from age 55, but couldn't get disability because mental health considerations with Social Security is very narrow, and I could no longer afford the level of profess
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Economic impact of child sexual abuse profound by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/19/14 05:21 PM

Thank you for posting this. This was a very lucid interview and it seems like a strong data set to draw these conclusions from.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by Nothing Man @ 08/19/14 04:33 PM

I appreciate the comments and thoughts. If nothing else it is nice to be in a community where one is understood. I just hope the pain goes away someday.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.