Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Gordon Stuckless pleads guilty to 100 charge by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/22/14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ShortedDiodeHopefully this time he gets thrown in prison for a long, long time UNDER the prison...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by Suwanee @ 04/22/14 08:25 PM

Thank you for that. I know Matt was a big fan. Will
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by Rambler @ 04/22/14 08:22 PM

It's okay to find the faith to saunter forward With no fear of shadows spreading where you stand And you'll breathe easier just knowing that the worst is all behind you And the waves that tossed the raft all night have set you on dry land - The Moun
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts My life thus far. The long version ***TRIGGERS*** by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/22/14 08:05 PM

A survivor is born... Some of my early life is pieced together from family stories, and the notes from the child psychologist who treated me early in my childhood, due to physical abuse but that's getting ahead of the story. I was not just from a bl
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Low Testosterone by pufferfish @ 04/22/14 07:20 PM

I am struggling with this problem. Dr. Oz had a segment of his program today on this. He presented a doctor who has written a book about it. I've assembled several links to Oz programs on this subject (not in any particular order): The book is by
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Gordon Stuckless pleads guilty to 100 charge by ShortedDiode @ 04/22/14 07:16 PM

Despite pleading guilty to 100 of the most recently laid charges, Gordon Stuckless pleaded innocent to a number of others so he still has to face trail for those ones so he won't be given a sentence until that's finished. Hopefully this time he gets
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by ShortedDiode @ 04/22/14 07:03 PM

This research was done with respect to all genders and all forms of child abuse so it isnt limited to covering male survivors only which is why the ratio is so high, but with numbers like this, child abuse in general would be considered a massive epi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by jj78 @ 04/22/14 05:10 PM

Matt-I'm so sad to hear this news, but know you are in a better place. May you now rest in peace!
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: What is Health? by gaatt @ 04/22/14 03:36 PM

Hi Dark Empathy, Originally Posted By: dark empathyFrankly I hate this sexist crap in society and I can't help feeling jealous about it. Yes, I hate it too. It cripples us and leaves us vulnerable to the crap that women can toss our way with relati
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by FormerTexan @ 04/22/14 03:00 PM

"When I heard that you were gone, I felt a shadow cross my heart.." - Neil Peart
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual charge post trauma by gaatt @ 04/22/14 02:58 PM

Wow! That is challenging! I hear you on defaulting to focus on the needs of others. I do pretty much exactly the same thing with most women. My needs (non-sexual touch and healthy bonding (healing early childhood trauma)) usually go unrecognized and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by CafeMan @ 04/22/14 02:52 PM

A very good man, may he rest in peace.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a Letter to my perpatrator by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:40 PM

very heart felt. i can relate becuase my abusers also died before i could confront him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to continue progress? by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:38 PM

Andy you should read my blog. i can so relate. self sabotage was the cleverest of my tools for self punishment and not achieving my full potential. This being said as my recovery has progressed it has changed so much for the better. keep asking a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perpetually Healing/Supposed To by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:35 PM

thanks for posting. i really like your web site. it is informative and real.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just giving something better by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:33 PM

glad you are back and i really liked the song.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Limbo by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:32 PM

I think you may be right. for me i was having the same problem so i decide to stay away from women until i was well into recovery and had a good handle on it. it worked well and it sounds like you are also on the right track.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ....and I can still be an ass! by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:30 PM

I am glad you are so positive and up. None of us is perfect we are only people and people only have perfect intentions.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:28 PM

I was able to reconnect with my perp and I did so because he had changed and cleaned up his act. we have a good relationship now.
Male Survivors
I can't disagree.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:24 PM

Wow what a powerful post. You have been thru a lot and so much pain. I can particularly relate to your journaling. i experienced a very similar thing with the flash backs. But i found journelling very useful in the long run. it is in my blog.
Male Survivors
wonderful step. it is a process and you are an inspiration to so many and me. reconnecting is very difficult and it is a process. your message is one of hope. thank you for posting.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by jas4159 @ 04/22/14 02:15 PM

heart breaking. my condolences to his family and friends. god bless and may he rest in peace.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Old skeletons..lots of cobwebs by Ken2 @ 04/22/14 01:56 PM

Thanks for all the replies and pms. I know I have my work cut out for me. I have accumulated years of therapy however little if any about the sexual abuses I went through. The most recent counselor I saw was the first time I attempted to open that do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by bey @ 04/22/14 01:45 PM

So so sad. My heart goes out to his family and friends and the MS community. I will miss seeing his name here.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.