Newest Members
aanndd, Paulsyd, SecondsLost, brainstem, Serendipity
12548 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can't Cope (57), jtsdad (44), Jude (58), saint-of-Lost-Causes (30), squireknight (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (stymie, Ken Singer, LCSW), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12548 Members
73 Forums
64424 Topics
449939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Humor
Jump to new posts The Right Response? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

One of the great resources (for me at least) of the MS forums is reading previous comments and replies from past members, most of whom are no longer posting. It's very therapeutic, and I highly recommend it. I hope this is not offensive to anyone, b
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Every Day Mindfulness by bluesky @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Every Day Mindfulness I am trying to make the practice of mindful living part of my every day life. I was introduced to this at the Alta WOR weekend. I would like to thank Jim Struve and his staff for introducing this to me and the others men at the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Every morning when I awaken at 5:00 I make two decisions. I decide that just for today I will not kill myself, and just for today I will not take a drink. I tell myself that if I can just make it through today I can leave tomorrow for tomorrow. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

(((Logan))) sending you peace and hugs.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by iaccus @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Thank you for acknowledging my post bluesky, I appreciate it!
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Papa Roach: "Lifeline" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNNzDUCgk "Lifeline" When I was a boy I didn't care about a thing It was me and this world and a broken dream I was blaming myself For all that was goin' wrong I was way o
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

I think anger with God is something that many of us csa survivors experience. I certainly have. I was doing Step 3 in a 12 step process: "Made a Decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him." and I j
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by justplainme @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Good for you my man, it's important to pace yourself, you wanna avoid burnout. Take a breather make some popcorn and watch a movie when you can to relax.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "Conform or be cast out." by bluesky @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

I completely get this. I n my world the people around me think that I am very different and I dont fit in with others. Even though I can except the diversity or sameness of others. I have a hard time finding people that have open minds on many subjec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by myrlin @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Maybe you're already familiar with EMDR. If not here's a link to a story of a survivor who benefited from this therapy. The top of the page has links to more info. www.emdr.com/client-stories/61-my-story--sexual-abuse-sexual-addiction-recovery-and-h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by bluesky @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Logan I have had very similar experiences where I some times can even have convulsive episodes after a memory resurfaces or the reliving of an emotion that I felt when all the abuse happened. The things that have helped me is first have some one I c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by bluesky @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this is what mt T has said but in different terms. The way you say it makes it makes it clearer. Bluesky
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by bluesky @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. That you are in such pain. (((((iaccus))))) Some thing that has been helpful at times is weighting before I go to bed. Putting my thoughts on paper or more like what Im feeling or negative thing that have
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Logan @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

I have a Therapist and we have been working on these very issues, however I was wondering if there are some specific things that some of you guys do when experiencing the mirrored intensity that one has felt as a child so that that they can lessen th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by iaccus @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

(TRIGGERS) Last nights nightmares woke me up around 1 AM. No one around to talk to. Only flashes really. his droning voice always telling me what to do. an image of his big feet next to my tiny shorts on the floor. the look i always got when it was
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Hey Todd Legacy - Like my T had been telling me for a while that I should volunteer and get involved in some organization that specialize in helping abused or homeless youth. If you can't work with kids because they freak you out like they do me the
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: optical illusion by Sterling @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

This stuff is awesome , you cool weirdo !!! hugs. Hope you and your family enjoy Paddington the Bear ,movie. Take care and love you guys. -very appreciative member. Goran
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Boston Area Group? by DiplayName @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Hi Bloom, The BARCC.org just had me do an intake (simple interview process in person) . They are starting a new male group in the Spring (they thing) and offer free individualized therapy (and groups are free as well). Best of luck...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Advice: Get to a therapist who can help walk through those emotions. Emotions are just that - nothing more and nothing less. They CAN be contained. But you need the tools to know how to do that. Out of control emotions can wreck more than one life
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Just in from a T session, and wanted to share. Preface: My T is all about "Secure Attachment" therapy. I call it Nurture with Nature. Early this morning I had a very significant dream where I was in a session with my therapist. I had dro
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Logan @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

This is probably not a new concept to many of you. It is not new for me either. For some reason however when ever I recover a memory that I had buried, I almost always experience the intense raw horrible emotions and sensations that go along with t
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Serious Dave @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Dear manipulated, It's ok to be angry with God - He can take it. Remember that He still loves you, and keep talking to Him, even if you're yelling at Him. Don't ever feel that you have lost your salvation because you can't stop sinning - that's no
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by manipulated @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Again, Thanks for the replies. I went to church Sunday..."acting as if". It is a small country church and I have been missed I feel loved and supported by the people. but when it was time for hymn singing I couldn't bring myself to open my
Poetry
be forewarned i bite back
Poetry
Jump to new posts Arrogance by OCN @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

And now i know that it was arrogance all the way along Making me feel weak while i actually am so strong Creating a story in which i had to deny myself It let you to rule my world, me hidden in a shelf Full of self-defeat and despair, battered up by
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.