Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (96789594, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443116 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: innocence stolen by victor-victim @ Today at 12:30 AM

amen. great poem tells it straight. thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ' by victor-victim @ Today at 12:17 AM

?
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by finallyhere @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Going Forward: Just from my experience I understand exactly what he is saying. That is why I have found my way here. I love my wife deeper than she will ever really understand all things considered. Yet I am just now learning how to deal with what I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A surprising realization by don64 @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Congratulations Magellan. Something I have been trying to teach myself for a long time is it takes two to have a power struggle. I have frequently been triggered by people who remind me of unresolved family issues. I can't change my past with my f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Obi @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Doesn't matter. Even my apologies hurt others. Been told so. I am even hurting this thread by hijacking it. I just suck. Leaving this thread now.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

the very fact that you recognize and regret that you have harmed others is a major lifetime accomplishment! this makes you an excellent human with emphatic ability. congratulations! I believe this puts you in a small but superior minority.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by md4e @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Funny how I read this and think someone is in my head. Then I read the responses and again think they are talking to me, or that I wrote the response. I guess what it says is, we all "know" the pain and loneliness. The hardship of loving
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Sometimes you hurt people, Obi, and it's a lesson from the past to help the future. I know I've hurt people and it's been because I've been ignorant of how I came off and what I thought. Therapy and introspection and meditation and epiphanies illumin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Obi @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

They are not lies. I was told by several people that I hurt them. It is obvious that is all I can do.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Snow Patrol: "Chasing Cars" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKr98ktoxU "Chasing Cars" We'll do it all Everything On our own We don't need Anything Or anyone If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

I simply saw this as an opportunity to give ourselves a collective pat on the back. it felt good to take an inventory of accomplishments. everyone here has something to be proud of. a little bragging should be good for the self esteem. somet
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

I think it's interesting that this question will get different answers depending on where you are at in life when you respond to it. I posted a big list of things I'm proud of because I'm in a good place right now and I feel like kicking butt in lif
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

No Simple Machine is the name of a song by The Old 97's, an alt-country/texas bar rock sorta band that has been kicking around for 20 years now and I really like. I have a youtube video of a live performance in my signature (not the greatest quality
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but I am glad you found us. We all share a past that is hard to deal with, but amongst people who understand life becomes easier. Welcome. Share what you want when you want, there is never any pressure.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Obi @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

magellan, it's only a matter of time before i hurt you and anyone else... because i suck... just a waste.. have nothing of value.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by Judith @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

I have always wanted to know what the names meanings are. Judith
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by Judith @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

HI Responses below yours. So I feel pretty damn lonely. It sucks. I feel more alone in my marriage then I ever felt being single. I'm putting a lot of work in on myself and doing things that are good for me again and this feels good but this lonel
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts San Diego, CA 1 Day Mini WoR -9/6 by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

There's still time to register for our next 1 DAY #Healing Workshop for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Join MaleSurvivor therapists and other survivors for a healing experience "like no other." WHERE: San Diego, CA ; Town and Country Res
Classifieds
Jump to new posts San Diego, CA 1 Day Mini WoR -9/6 by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

There's still time to register for our next 1 DAY #Healing Workshop for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Join MaleSurvivor therapists and other survivors for a healing experience "like no other." WHERE: San Diego, CA ; Town and Country Re
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Magellan @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Obi - sorry dude - you have no given me *any* pain or hurt. In fact, I have learned quite a lot from your postings and messages here. That's reality. As far as my accomplishments are concerned. As far as my therapist is concerned, he says its a m
Website News and Announcements
Jump to new posts Watch & Share the MaleSurvivor #icebath challenge by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

.0039% of people will be diagnosed w/ ALS (which is still 1000's of ppl annually, and far too many). However almost 25% of men, and more than 60% of women have experienced or will experience some form of sexual abuse during their lifetime. (Source: 2
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A surprising realization by Magellan @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

It came in a flash. I realized how much power I have, and I realized that I don't have to continue playing the role of the victim. I recently received a poor work evaluation. I was shocked by this; blindsided. While I have PTSD, and anxiety issues,
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Asking imput--how can I grow up? by Judith @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

fhorns responses below yours . 4. I felt sorry for myself some tonight, for "knowing" my wife is pulling away didn't help. Judith: I am sorry you felt some sadness etc. Remember it is not good for you and your daughter if she refuses to
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Hi Puffer, I have no idea whether my parents were obviously abused or not. There were no obvious addictions either. It's been a source of a great deal of confusion for me, because the effects on me are so clear. One thing I am aware of (that is v
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Obi @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

no.. i thought i gave support... at least my heart thought so, but in reality... all i did was give more pain and hurt...
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.