Newest Members
garyPGH, Z63, Momiji, ja16, winter-rain
12660 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (30), ChevyMan76 (47), cuda (49), swartzhund (43), wdf9 (71)
Who's Online
2 registered (Dolphinboy, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12660 Members
74 Forums
65036 Topics
454864 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Needed to come back, need to continue to heal by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

Hi. I'm glad you're back and I hope that you can continue to heal and find some peace. I am especially glad to hear that you are no longer in an abusive situation. You do not deserve the abuse, neither was it your fault. I too work in a public pl
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Getting better by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Bey I'm glad to see progress. It takes time but the more you say the better it gets. Ws
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Getting better by concerned_husky @ Yesterday at 06:49 AM

I'm glad you're getting better. Originally Posted By: beyMaybe being angry is the same as being broken And being closed is the same as being hurt Gold, that.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Feel Good by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:39 AM

this just makes me feel good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnRXmMn2Ag wanted to share something positive. even simon sez it feels good.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Magellan: One of the difficulties in relationships is when someone "demands" our trust instead of "earning" it. For a long time, I simply thought there was something wrong with me because I didn't trust very much. Then I would
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This King's Speech by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Thank you, Still, for this fresh and positive story. It's not often I come here to smile. You managed to make me do that.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This King's Speech by Still @ 04/17/15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: victor-victim this video makes me cry. I was SO impressed to see many of the boys in the audience crying openly, and seemingly without any shame. We are progressing as humans...I think...I hope. At a middle school today,
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Needed to come back, need to continue to heal by woodenshoes @ 04/17/15 11:11 PM

Dolphinboy Welcome back brother. Ws
Poetry
Jump to new posts Getting better by bey @ 04/17/15 11:09 PM

He said "Are you ok? You look sad." and I shook my head, because I never feel sad but i said "Ya, kind of. I suppose so." He said "Can I give you a hug?" and I shook my head, because I don't like to be touched but I sai
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: spiritual armour by victor-victim @ 04/17/15 10:30 PM

"his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, 'Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them'. And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see'. And the
Poetry
Jump to new posts Joseph Campbell by victor-victim @ 04/17/15 10:03 PM

Just as anyone who listens to the muse will hear, you can write out of your own intention or out of inspiration.      ~ Joseph Campbell
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by don64 @ 04/17/15 09:10 PM

Hi Magellan, I've come to the conclusion that the only person I can ever trust and need to trust is myself. It is myself that I have to trust to be able to realistically see others, and to know I can trust myself to have flexible boundaries that c
Jump to new posts Re: spiritual armour by don64 @ 04/17/15 08:56 PM

Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by don64 @ 04/17/15 08:48 PM

I have identified as gay for 46 years now, and am becoming open to the idea that that may not be all that is true for me. I'm fine with being gay, although becoming truly comfortable with being gay still requires work as social and cultural beliefs
Jump to new posts Re: spiritual armour by victor-victim @ 04/17/15 07:48 PM

"If there are giants threatening you that need to be brought down, go do it! Let me remind you of the principles once again. First, don't run. Stand your ground. The lord of hosts is with you. Second, don't dress up in Saul's armour. Natur
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by Bluedogone @ 04/17/15 06:58 PM

Hey Magellan, I think you've NAILED IT. Trust only comes by trusting. Both "them" and yourself. Originally Posted By: Magellanvery very patiently watch and observe others as I interact with them, and see how they respond to me, and slowl
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: 3 Little Pigs by unhappycamper @ 04/17/15 06:55 PM

Wow, things are really bubbling to the surface here in the DC area. But I try to remember: At least a news article means they caught the perv(s). John
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by victor-victim @ 04/17/15 06:53 PM

welcome to ms.org, Winhamness. my apologies... i thought i had posted this last time i was in here reading your introduction. i must have missed the submit button when i signed off, sorry. i forgot what i wrote so i will just start over. looki
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cops Too? Yes! Cops too. by unhappycamper @ 04/17/15 06:52 PM

I see he worked at a high school from 2006 to 2009. Big surprise! I wonder if he had other jobs that put him in contact with teens or children. Oh well, another perv caught! John
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm syndrome? by Bluedogone @ 04/17/15 06:43 PM

Hey Tryingtolive, My understanding of the Stockholm Syndrome is when the victim has a real or perceived fear for his life but slowly, gradually becomes so sympathetic to the perp and what he's doing that he becomes a willing accomplish. I think yo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Needed to come back, need to continue to heal by Dolphinboy @ 04/17/15 06:27 PM

Welcome back, I am also back after a year and some months. Like Victor said; The healing never stops. Some days I feel far from it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Real Me by Shyshark @ 04/17/15 06:26 PM

Fascinating. Thanks for letting us share it.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: gerard (jerry) drozda, aka starman77 by KMCINVA @ 04/17/15 06:03 PM

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you, his family and Gerard.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have the same issue? by Dolphinboy @ 04/17/15 06:03 PM

Just being in a conversation is difficult for me, I constantly worry that people will "see through me", so I rather don't speak when in a group. I have worked very hard on my self esteem issues, and my confidence has improved, although grou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm syndrome? by Dolphinboy @ 04/17/15 05:47 PM

Hi there Tryigtolive, I think I understand how you feel. My older brother was also one of my perps and only years later did I acknowledges and confront this. Even today he has power over me because he made me do things back. I was 8 when it started a
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.