Newest Members
SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42
12640 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beau (51), titan (39)
Who's Online
5 registered (learning2remember, WontGiveUp, JayBro, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12640 Members
74 Forums
64915 Topics
453842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: question about Acting out by KMCINVA @ 3 minutes 22 seconds ago

Tryingtolive I echo what others have said here. It is real. Lee said it can be consciously or unconsciously. The child victim is within us and controls us in different ways. The abuse left us with a sense of helplessness against the abuse and the
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Triggered When Aroused by JayBro @ 13 minutes 25 seconds ago

Chase Eric, thank you so much for your response. That was beautifully written. You are absolutely right. Do you have any suggestions or pointers about how to embrace that part of our past but not continue feeding or perpetuating those wired sexual &q
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by Obi @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

i can't understand what is so wrong with wanting to give to others without expecting anything in return. isn't that what the true nature of giving is? doesn't matter if it's your child, any child, that homeless person on the street, that single mot
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: half-sister surprise by Obi @ 20 minutes 53 seconds ago

congrats. hope it works out well for you and her.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by woodenshoes @ 21 minutes 5 seconds ago

Still Go for it. I support your son. Ws
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: half-sister surprise by traveler @ Today at 08:29 AM

wow, Still - i used to do the same thing! i would dream up elaborate scenarios to explain why those people i lived with and who treated me so badly couldn't really be related to me. and then the fantasies of being rescued - like Oliver Twist - but by
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by lostc @ Today at 08:23 AM

That's ridiculous how she acted and you are 100% in the right, you or your son did nothing wrong and to the contrary it was a great idea. theres no question that she's the one with the problem and its absurd how she acted. I'm going off on a tangent
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by GoodKiwi @ Today at 08:19 AM

Bless you Don, As hard as it sounds, what you've said seems really positive and I'm hoping its a painful and productive shift as you say. I struggle with weight (borderline obese) and am having to make the sort of conscious decisions Lee talks abou
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Your Spiritual Journey by Acorn2Oak @ Today at 08:13 AM

Hi Bardo. I appreciate your feedback. I appreciate the perspective. And good questions. Thanks!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by Acorn2Oak @ Today at 08:09 AM

Hey Don, Gosh, what you're sharing sounds a lot like what I went through after a flashback a few years ago. Very intense. No fun atoll! (I still don't understand why people dislike puns.) Just told about a website last night, calmclinic.com. Looks l
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Reality Check by Still @ Today at 08:05 AM

So my son won the big academic contest, with a no-notice invitation to partake at the National Finals in Louisville, KY. This past Friday, we received a letter stating that the total cost will be well in excess of $1350.00, with $100 being due today
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: half-sister surprise by Still @ Today at 07:48 AM

I use to fantasize about stuff like this as a kid, in that I would imagine the "real family" of Still would come and take him away from the Hell. Reading this causes me to recall all those thoughts and wishes. I'm guessing (imagining) tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by traveler @ Today at 07:41 AM

Don - a couple of thoughts - first, this is actually a good sign, in some ways. you used to panic at the thought of going out into public. now you are panicking at the thought of having those excursions curtailed. that is pretty big progress, if y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: question about Acting out by Suwanee @ Today at 07:08 AM

One explanation for acting out is that the former victim consciously or unconsciously seeks out circumstances similar to the past abuse in order to exercise some form of control. The idea is that the victim previously had no power, but does now. It'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by lostc @ Today at 06:54 AM

sorry to hear about how you've been feeling Don. could it maybe be an idea to try to combat the panicky out of control feelings by trying to set up and design a plan (maybe a digital one so you can add and remove and change things as you think of thi
Survivors of Female Abuse
thanks for your detailed reply Don. I find it very hard to see someone who has abused as not bad, for me its like if they have abused then somehow the "good" things they have done is like a lie or not genuine. though I understand that every
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anger and Emotions by sorryson @ Today at 06:05 AM

Kevin I thought about you and your family. My brother and I were talking and both of us are feeling angry and mad for some many reasons. We talked about you and some other stories we heard at the PAS meetings. He has not spoken at these meetings.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anger and Emotions by sorryson @ Today at 05:43 AM

Thanks everybody. I know you are right. I never knew I had this deep anger. I guess I buried it like I buried so many emotions from the sexual abuse and family circumstances. I felt unloved when Mama would leave us and somehow I thought my abuser
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by Bardo @ Today at 05:27 AM

Don, I'm sorry you are in a rough spot at the moment. On the practical side, is there any assistance available for utility costs? Sometimes municipalities have programs to help those on limited or fixed incomes survive the high energy costs during pe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: question about Acting out by traveler @ Today at 04:57 AM

there are a couple of ways to take this question. one is about "acting out" in general. that refers to doing something that is not good for you (and may be harmful to others) - possibly in an almost compulsive way. the activity may range f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Feeling hysterical and out of control by don64 @ Today at 03:39 AM

I moved back out into the world of people 6-7 months ago, and my issues of feeling safe have skyrocketed to the surface. So far, I have been able to work through each bubble of terror that has surfaced. What happens to me is that what "normal&
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Code for Life by victor-victim @ Today at 01:13 AM

1. Value The Stoics argued that the most important thing in life and the only thing with real value is ‘virtue’ or ‘excellence of character’. This includes the traditional virtues like moderation, courage, justice, and wisdom but should also be unde
Humor
Jump to new posts Perception:: Nothing Good or Bad by victor-victim @ Today at 12:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-k5Itm12k
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts question about Acting out by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Is acting out your abuse a real thing.?
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Armed and Dangerous by Still @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

SOURCE LINK DPS searching for 'armed and dangerous' sex offender Posted: Mar 25, 2015 11:47 AM EDT Updated: Mar 25, 2015 11:58 AM EDT By Ashley SlaytonCONNECT Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on email AUSTIN, TX (KLTV) - The Texas De
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.