Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442011 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The small kindnesses by Greg56 @ Today at 01:51 AM

yes, I understand the "less than human" part. But, I usually don't try to convince anyone that I'm human. I just, be quiet and try to go unnoticed. For if I'm noticed that means that I have to interact. Sorry I'm not being helpful...a bi
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt anyone? by don64 @ Today at 01:11 AM

Hi Gaatt, You're welcome, and glad to hear of your progress. Speaking of "As stupid and as destructive as it is," I love assassin/spy/retribution movies and actively seek them out. I've just exhausted everything decent Netflix has to of
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mon dieu by victor-victim @ Today at 12:25 AM

Mon Défenseur C'est à vous qu'ici je dédie Ces vers, enfants de mon loisir. Déjà ma bouteille est finie Et ma raison va revenir. Ne craignez pas que la sagesse Change votre image à mes yeux ; Je n'ai pas besoin de l'ivresse Pour vous voir bon
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? by pufferfish @ Today at 12:25 AM

It's not easy to forgive. In working through your hurts you can reach a stage where you can say, 'I don't need to hold on to that anymore'. Then just turn it loose. It's like having some dust in the palm of your hand and you hold it up and puff a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forced to be a child by dark empathy @ Today at 12:19 AM

The problem is what the hell does imotional maturity mean? and what the hell does that have to do with getting a job, having relationships and doing the things adult do, ---- hell what sdoes that have to do with not enjoying collecting statues of fa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The small kindnesses by dark empathy @ Today at 12:05 AM

Thanks Greg. I will say for me I really hate the fact that shopping makes me have to interact with others, to talk to people, to ask for things all because the stupid stuff isn't labeled in a way I can rread (i used to shop online until they bugger
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: StillDuring a session with my first T years ago, the conversation went to the consequences of my inaction for all those years. We eventually came to my question: "Am I responsible for the kids they raped since then???"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where black stuff comes from by don64 @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Hi Still, This is all, obviously, simply my opinion. You don't take a damaged child, blame them, shame them, beat the shit out of them, and expect them to be able to make the choices of an adult who has never been damaged by abuse. I have been loc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts going through a rough time by don64 @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

I'm having some physical issues that are forcing me to ask for help, and am coming to understand my terror of asking for help has consistently and progressively weakened me for this entire lifetime. I'm being forced to walk through a level of terror
Jump to new posts Re: Effects of Covert child sexual abuse by fhorns @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

I couldn't barely read it. I've posted before-------I do this---omg...with my daughter. Ex wife's an emotional failure, never home emotionally or physically, emotionally checked out, nothing more than a nasty bitch, a real loser in healthy relati
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally Feeling Free of CSA by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

KMCINVA, Thanks. What a great post to read !! It's truly a Godsend reading of your most positive experiences. I must admit that it brought tears of joy as I read of your earlier encounters then, and how they no longer have any effect in your life
Jump to new posts Re: Effects of Covert child sexual abuse by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Pufferfish: Thanks for the article. It's interesting that each time I read something like this, another part of the relationship comes to mind. My mom and I saw a lot of movies together when I was teenager, and they weren't all PG. I wonder if a
Jump to new posts Re: Simply: how the hell do I do this? by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: fhornsa BIG PS: why would I seek "healing" if all I'm going to feel is greater pain? This is my biggest wondering lately. It's just where I am at. fhorns: For me this road has been about loving myself and discove
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Can coffee aggravate PTSD? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

I gave up coffee almost three years ago. I do not know why but once the nightmares, flashbacks, PTDS and dissociation kicked in I somehow just had the need to stop drinking coffee. Did it help I do not know but since I have been healing I have not r
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Eating Disorders Related To Trauma by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Here's a clip of Dr. Oz on Garcinea cambogia http://stylesmax.com/healthandbeauty/?so...www.bravera.com Pufferfish
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Can coffee aggravate PTSD? by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

I never liked the taste of coffee. The few times I managed to choke down a reasonable quantity of the stuff, it calmed me down and put me in a pretty good state of mind. I may be the exception---or maybe it's because I'm ADD and stimulants tend to ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Finally Feeling Free of CSA by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

For me the last several weeks have been filled with joy and some bitter sweet moments as well as some adventures that have helped with my healing. I have written of my special friend. Her overseas assignment came through and she has left for new ad
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where black stuff comes from by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Still, those kinds of things I simply have to third-person it, and try and take my response to that as what mine should be. Often, for things I've taken on, have to repeat that over and over, but have found it to work over time. By third-person it,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forced to be a child by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

In my experience, one can only mature from where one is at. If emotionally 15 despite the number on my I.D., I couldn't expect to be emotionally 35 in 2 years time. I could expect while being as responsible as I was able to progress from emotionally
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It's time by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Thanks Houseofcards for your intro. Hope you do find MS helpful. Personally, I feel it has helped alleviate some of that sense of isolation, but I agree, a whole toolbox is in order for dealing with this stuff.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perp apologizing - Your relationship afterwards by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

The truest sincerity is an apology you give without expectation of forgiveness. An apology is a deeply personal decision that reflects the greatest strength of a man's character. Forgiveness is a grace completely at the option of those we apologize
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Perp apologizing - Your relationship afterwards by blockade @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

This might have only affected a minority on here but have any of you had a perp apologize to you? and how\what was your relationship after? I am still struggling with passing on some of my own csa to my brother and I am still working up the courage\
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by bluesky @ Yesterday at 05:16 PM

(((((Victor))))) I find that you are so awesome even how you describe the details like poetry, I don't think you meant it but you are so eloquent in the way you tell your story. I want you to know that I really enjoy you works here and give you me a
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! by GoodSamaritan @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Happy Birthday Harry! Ah, to be a youth of thirty three again! Tom R.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Compensation by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

Congratulations on the follow through and success. That's good news. It would be even more of a just victory if the perps had to provide all the money. Now, all the therapy that may be needed in the future is assured. I suppose it's only natural to
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.