Newest Members
Serendipity, lionking, stymie, Broken1968, longhorns73
12544 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KW2X4 (51), PAS (45), soccer (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, iaccus, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12544 Members
73 Forums
64403 Topics
449809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Other religions than god centered. by little big man @ 3 minutes 7 seconds ago

Hi, I am in 12 step programs. God is meantioned alot, or one higher power, i e same thing. Seems no one knows about religions that are not christian. In Buddhasm we have nothing to pray no, no god, no higher power, and we dont even pray to or worship
Jump to new posts Re: Is there a God? by little big man @ 6 minutes 34 seconds ago

I am a Buddhist, so NO! I don't pray to anything because there is nothing to pray to. There is another path to enlightenment besides a god centerned faith. The foundation is meditation. Buddhism is not a faith based religion. no praying no worshiping
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by iaccus @ 10 minutes 19 seconds ago

Yes, and they were also my perps. shoot me an email or catch me in the chat room if you want to talk
Jump to new posts Re: This is why i hate religion by little big man @ 11 minutes 40 seconds ago

Personally I don't believe in a god and am unsure Jesus ever exhisted, but then, I come from a non judeo-christian or abrahamic religion. It seems never in awareness that there or other religions than god centerered ones. And we are not the devils wo
Jump to new posts Re: This is why i hate religion by little big man @ 16 minutes 50 seconds ago

Hi, Did you know about Buddhism? We don't have a higher power or god to pray to nor Buddha. People for get Christianity is not the only religion or they don't accept others who don't believe in God. Some buddhists consider that jesus was a Buddha, a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by little big man @ 27 minutes 4 seconds ago

Hi Bardo, Iv'e not been on this site in awaile. I have had exceptional abuse and abandonment. I know and it has been my experience that if we stay on the path of recovery we do overcome our pasts. I am so much better now and don't suffer e
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: OH storm wind by Shyshark @ Today at 12:46 PM

That's lovely bluesky ... I had to read it a few times to get it's full meaning ... and then the message came through beautifully. Thank you ... it's a good thought to have in my self too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is "Recovery" Always the Best Way Forward? by concerned_husky @ Today at 11:56 AM

Sorry for bumping this thread again but I wanted to add a couple of more thoughts that came to mind today... First off, thank you, thank you, to all of you guys who pushed me forward in the right direction. It's scary to think of what path I may hav
Jump to new posts Re: really tough by Serious Dave @ Today at 11:22 AM

"If you would not go into the house of sin*, do not sit at the door of temptation." Proverbs talks about the same thing - avoiding sin. Actually, I can identify with your feelings. One ridiculous thing I do is, when I pick a new (male or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by Bardo @ Today at 10:53 AM

Thank you all so much for your support. It means so much to me, coming from men who have traveled the same path I am just beginning to attempt. With each timid step I am moving down a road that is full of sadness and fear, but that is,unfortunately,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by bluesky @ Today at 10:39 AM

Hi Freeman First I would like to say that you are a brave man with much wisdom from all that I can see. Second from my expireance it is a good time to take care of your self taking the time you need to decompress and be with people that love and sup
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: All I want by Nothing Man @ Today at 09:41 AM

Hi guys, thanks for your response. Part and parcel of the whole story is the widespread bullying that seems to pervade American schools. It can be overt or covert but regardless, either is just as devastating to a young and fragile psyche. I was b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What's Really Important!!!! by Nothing Man @ Today at 09:37 AM

After all, Americans love their gladiator games. Nothing is more important than that.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ Today at 09:15 AM

Freeman thank you. I know in my heart Dad would want me to resolve the issues about our relationship. It is just hard because I know I let Mama and her family influence me my whole life. My sister talks of this and how she went to Chicago to make h
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Facebook *TRIGGER* by victor-victim @ Today at 03:52 AM

this may be old news, but it is the first i have heard about it. it was upsetting to me, so i warn you to read carefully. EXCLUSIVE: Pedophiles Find a Home for Social Networking -- on Facebook The world’s largest pro-pedophilia advocacy group u
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Robert Karen by victor-victim @ Today at 03:22 AM

"delight" is one thing. perfectly appropriate and harmless. i don't think people are worried about "delight". i have just developed a distrust of ginsberg. he is at the very least, insensitive to the issue. i decided to re
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Normal by Bardo @ Today at 02:32 AM

KC, I get what you are saying. I am one who turned out to be straight from all this abuse, although I have had and still have an attraction to men of a very specific type. And I do read so many of the posts that seem to track down this path. But I a
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sex and Love by vrocotamy @ Today at 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: ConfuzzedSome days I feel like I know myself very well. Other days I don’t recognize myself at all. I don’t act like the man who wants to be truly loved. I say I want a loving and honest friendship but I pervert my friendships a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by vrocotamy @ Today at 02:16 AM

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone else here wanted to talk about having CSA survivor parents, and what that's meant for you in terms of disclosure, your recovery, etc. I'm a gay male ASA (I prefer the term date rape, in my case) survivor, and also eng
Male Survivors
I was triggered just the other day at my son's school band concert. The boys in the middle school band were so awkward, all elbows and ankles, and acne and tussled hair. I felt so protective of them, they seemed so vulnerable up there. This is happen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by Bardo @ Today at 02:04 AM

Sorryson, You have made so much progress just over the few months that I have known you, it is amazing. I feel your pain, not being able to share all of this with your Dad. I lost mine back in 2000, with so much left unresolved. But dealing with the
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mask - unmasked by bluesky @ Today at 01:55 AM

So many masks we all have used, seldom do we remove it covers the pain, shame and scars that we hide, but strangely when I ask others if they see what I think is me. I get a reply beauty,strength,caring,loving,kind,giving,smart. It has taken me m
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Robert Karen by Still @ Today at 01:54 AM

Landscape! NO PROBLEM brother! You found one whopper of an article about a very VERY key component of CSA and survival of it. No worries. Not everything we post of link-to has to be in-sync with our positions here. I know you would not buy into tha
Poetry
Jump to new posts OH storm wind by bluesky @ Today at 01:54 AM

OH storm wind you are like the raging of a destructive fire. You burn down cities and fields of gold. But you are the elision of the dream. You and not real. My fear is real, My terror is close. But I hear my inner voice softly wailing. Saying to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts What's Really Important!!!! by Still @ Today at 01:47 AM

** Triggers ** If you want to see real, amplified and dramatic public outrage over treading upon the Football Gods, don't disclose them raping little boys by team leadership. Heck NO! Rather, accuse a team of fiddling with their ball pressure. BAL
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.