Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
7 registered (don64, CafeMan, HD001, Cam76, 2 invisible), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Honey for not giving up on me :-) by Cam76 @ 1 minute 1 second ago

Thanks for posting this. I often feel that nothing I do as a spouse of a CSA survivor is enough to be of any help. It's nice to see that some of the things I can do can make a difference.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Honey for not giving up on me :-) by I Want 2 Thrive @ Today at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: learning2luvme 27. Thank you for letting me be little spoon even though I am much bigger than you. I thought I was the only one who liked 27. It is a very comforting position. Although in the case of my wife and I, I have th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Big side effects to a small problem? by Green_Lantern @ Today at 12:05 PM

Thank you very much. You just put some things into perspective for me. One side of me feels a slight sexual attraction. But the other side of me feels like I see it as something sweet, pure. Something I want to regain or live, because I never have. I
Male Survivors
Izzy - great post! thanks for sharing the memory - i could identify with so many details of it. congrats on standing up to the bully - that was my impossible dream and you are my hero for that! may i suggest that this memory may have come up now bec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Big side effects to a small problem? by traveler @ Today at 11:32 AM

hi, GL! first, welcome to MS. i hope you find it helpful to be here. second - i am not sure what you mean by a "small problem"? sounds to me like you've mentioned several challenges that all could be considered pretty significant. if you
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Mud Season by Suwanee @ Today at 10:10 AM

I have no business complaining about our Georgia "winters." Will
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation Flashbacks and Sexual Self-Abuse by BusterJones @ Today at 09:50 AM

This was an incredibly helpful thread! I'm thankful for this place
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Big side effects to a small problem? by Green_Lantern @ Today at 09:28 AM

This is my first time posting, but since this is not specifically about "being new", I thought I'd post it here instead. Please let me know if it is in the wrong thread or section. First I'll start out with my story. Born "handicappe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Had a good dream/remembrance last night *TRIGGER* by I Want 2 Thrive @ Today at 09:10 AM

I am still processing this one but, I wanted to get it out while it was still fresh. I've mentioned in my introduction that I was one of the smallest kids in class. This was especially true as a sophomore. When I said one of the smallest kids, I'
Introductions
Jump to new posts Hello all. Confused and new to this. by teba @ Today at 08:41 AM

Hi people, I just joined a few days ago. I posted my story in the "Survivors Of Female Abuse" subforum, so if you're interested you can check it out. I'm really not sure what I'm doing here. Well, I guess I wish to get better and get ove
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by teba @ Today at 08:33 AM

Hi genedebs and don64, Thank you very much for your replies. They mean a lot. I'm just trying to come to terms with all this. I kept it bottled up for so, so long. I've only told my psychiatrist and 4 other people. My psychiatrist just kinda ignores
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ED by On The Fringe @ Today at 08:31 AM

True words in my experience. I was discussing this topic in PM's with someone. I used to feel guilty for the occasional desire to be more dominant with my wife. I pressed on thru the self doubt and it was unexpected fun. And she enjoyed it. Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Limbo by On The Fringe @ Today at 08:25 AM

They well could. Getting help and discussing your past will probably kick over some rocks with interesting things beneath them. It may be scary at times. Hang in there. We can get better. Guys never understand women anyway. If you think you und
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Limbo by lostcowboy @ Today at 02:54 AM

Limbo, my life is in limbo right now. The one good thing is I have broken down and have been working with the VA in Dallas. I have been taking medicine for depression. I have started one on one therapy, first session went well. My main problem is I
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand masculinity by TheBobcatAgain @ Today at 02:51 AM

Hey, Pufferfish. It's been awhile, brother. Good to see you again. My abuser was a boy - not much older than myself - and I didn't have any aggressive men in my life. True, I was bullied mercilessly throughout junior high and high school, but those
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Past Few Weeks by ScottSmith @ Today at 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottSmithsounds like that dance the running man after a few days of it you are still in the same spot exhausted hope your future moves you a step further Some say… this too shall pass…some times i want to yell back screw you
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Past Few Weeks by ScottSmith @ Today at 01:16 AM

sounds like that dance the running man after a few days of it you are still in the same spot exhausted hope your future moves you a step further Some say… this too shall pass…some times i want to yell back screw you!!!! hang in there buddy
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand masculinity by pufferfish @ Today at 12:47 AM

I have what may be the opposite problem. Maybe it's the same problem and I just don't understand it. I tend to think that male humans are aggressors. My inner thought is that they are mean and controlling. Sexually they just want it from me. So
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: easily lost and confused by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear that Lee. I can't really relate to what you are describing. If anything, I'm the polar opposite…to the point of sharing a homing pigeon's sense of direction. My "issue" is needing to experience EVERYTHING. The past and future
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bumps Along the Way by On The Fringe @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

I agree with sorting out what is a horrific memory of abuse, from what you like sexually that may be similar to your abuse. Sex is good, and fun, although it was misused on us as children. I feel for me, that it messed up how I understood the emo
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Thank you Honey for not giving up on me :-) by learning2luvme @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Honey...you know who you are....I just wanted to 1. Thank you for standing by me when nothing in the world made sense. 2. Thank you for allowing me adequate room to heal as I needed to heal. 3. Thank you for respecting my privacy when I needed it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: coping by I Want 2 Thrive @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: newgroundhey my friend you got it all just right except for one thing ... you are not alone. Good writing man keep it up What ^he^ said. I may be new but, we are all here...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: coping by newground @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

hey my friend you got it all just right except for one thing ... you are not alone. Good writing man keep it up
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand masculinity by TheBobcatAgain @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

Thank you for the responses. JayBro - You wrote, "...it is through vulnerability and other non-stereotypical male traits that I have been able to re-affirm my masculinity." Can you explain that to me? It sounds useful. Your idea of group
Poetry
Jump to new posts coping by traveler @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

i am the champion of coping mechanisms: i am the epitome of denial "Nothing happened. I am fine!" i am a paradigm of dissociation "I wasn't even there. That wasn't me." i am adept at amnesia "Abuse? What abuse?" i am
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.