Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it so difficult? by finallyhere @ Today at 09:04 AM

These are age old questions...I believe I have come to understand them I have learned answers...I just never have been able to get myself together with my life in complete harmony with where I believe I need to be. So many years behind me now yet I
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: healing through forgiveness by OCN @ Today at 09:03 AM

Was just wondering guys, do you see forgiving as a process or as an act? I know and i feel that i have forgiven the person, but somehow i seem to be missing the point of it altogether. It feels like i still have all the pain and sadness locked up ins
Poetry
Jump to new posts Inner turnmoil by OCN @ Today at 08:40 AM

So much confusion by my own actions Everything comes back like my own reflections Tried to heal relationships by swallowing the truth But i find out i'm not the one who needs the proof I decided for the first and final time That my story will forever
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by OCN @ Today at 08:35 AM

nice one Victor! learned in therapy that once you step into your own power and confidence, you will surely piss off people because of this. They're not used to people being confident to tell these kind of things in public and they blame you for confr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by finallyhere @ Today at 08:31 AM

No words of wisdom here, just compassion. Sometimes we all feel like crap and life just goes on all around us...one thing though that I have come to realize is that once I identified CSA (it was over 20 years before I could call it what it was - I a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by Sven @ Today at 08:22 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11559661/baltimore-ravens-ray-rice-jersey-swap-brings-7000
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by JW1230 @ Today at 07:57 AM

Welcome Lumpy, I hope that you can see that you are never alone! Just look a the number of registered users (and the countless guests) that seek help and support from this site...There are so many out there who care about you and your recovery beca
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by justplainme @ Today at 07:29 AM

If your going through hell just keep going, i would recommend reading Dantes, divine comedy. He went through the nine circles of hell, and the coldest one was the worst where every emotion is frozen,this pain is your friend it blesses you in the way
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by Lumpy @ Today at 07:28 AM

Dear SilentNoLonger I just joined this site this morning I'm 46 and in tears right now writing this. When I saw your post and read the warning of how long it was made me happy! I've always had folks in other forums complain about how long my posts a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by Lumpy @ Today at 05:00 AM

Thanks Mates for the warm Welcome. I really want to Thank you guys for taking the time to respond back to me. It's actually very healing for me in ways I never really expected. I'm still very overwhelmed and really trying to pace my self so that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by don64 @ Today at 03:55 AM

Sending you love and support, SNL. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Coping with the Inner Child by don64 @ Today at 03:40 AM

Hi Doug, For me, my inner child is where all the damage resides, and unfortunately has been the place that has run my life. Bringing my inner child into consciousness and beginning to teach my inner child the nature of consequences seems to be the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: friends by don64 @ Today at 03:27 AM

Hi Hopein14, My greatest asset is my ability to learn. For me, my ability to learn is a facet of my ability to love. I've been through some great difficulties over the years, and identify with some of your journey. I read somewhere 'I discover wh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts friends by Hopein14 @ Today at 01:00 AM

I find on nights before Sundays in the fall, I look at men and wonder what it could be like to have what many have. Its long been a "sorrow" point for me, and as I try to climb out of this financial ruin of 2012 to now, I ponder had it bee
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by Aptrick @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

It's not reassuring to state,"I understand the isolation and loneliness", but I can. There are so many different ways that men here have been violated, abused, and tortured that I have to remind myself that we all feel that same core pain
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Ahoy Kirby/Lumpy, and welcome aboard, Your decision to join the MS organization is an affirmation and validation of who you are and your desire to continue on the road of healing and recovery. Since there are thousands of us who've experienced simi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dreams by JW1230 @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Hi Bob, I'm happy for the positive movement in your dreams. Hopefully it will continue for you and you can get more restful, restorative sleep Peace, John
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: dreams by gettingstronger @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Interesting thread! I think Traveler said it well: Our subconscious minds are often wiser than we realize. I had an encouraging dream the other night. So many of my recurring dreams involve buildings, bridges, tunnels, and scary/run down neighbor
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

My father never touched me and he also never stopped my mother from hitting me with a broom handle, shoe or the famous "your father's belt" which she used with good results especially when she used the buckle end. I think the only thing tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry Guys..... by Banjo596 @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

That made me smile
Introductions
Jump to new posts There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by Lumpy @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Ahoy Mates I want to Thank You for taking the time to read this and I look forward to becoming a member of this community. I usually go by "Kirby", but that is already taken so it seems I'll have to take the name of Lumps and like it. &g
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Wise words: I was spanked by my father when I was a child. I don't resent him for this, because it was what was done at the time (1950's) I never spanked anyone of my four children. I didn't want them to grow up thinking that domestic violence was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another update Concerned_husky by Tarobuns108 @ Yesterday at 01:55 PM

So happy to hear you're alright! I was a bit worried when I saw you didn't post for a long time.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by traveler @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Really good article on the topic: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adrian-pete...045458-nfl.html a lengthy quote from it: "The current NFL crisis, just like most of the league's past crises, lies not in who did what or who knew what when, but in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Sorry Guys..... by Jude @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

I have been using an Avatar lately, which was an animated gif of a cartoon naked man running (actually there was a teeny fig leaf covering they guys private parts). I had chosen it because that's how I felt, constantly running from everything, and na
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.