Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
2 registered (learning2remember, Minute2Minute), 54 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62567 Topics
438394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Playing with nephew by forgive777 @ 20 minutes 14 seconds ago

And iam gonna leave you with this it might be a lil tough but i heard this from someone here.. ""Expect the unexpected" Be careful who you want to tell about the abuse ... but my strong recommendation if your nephews mother or father
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Playing with nephew by forgive777 @ 39 minutes 28 seconds ago

Same here frustrated..... I feel really weird around my nephew as well he is 4yrs. Old I cant stand being alone in my room with him like I get nervous flashbacks, irritability etc. Not alone in this matter bro thats why people look at us like we have
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The Bar Keeps Moving by focusedbody @ Today at 01:07 AM

Hey, Airmid. Your post makes me think of a couple of things on the ongoing, and oh so pleasant, subject of shame. Originally Posted By: AirmidIntimacy is him sexually teasing every now and then, only to claim exhaustion later that night. I wold be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by pufferfish @ Today at 12:24 AM

ShortedDiode That was beautifully stated. Thank you. Puffer
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: I wish I weren asexual by pufferfish @ Today at 12:14 AM

Sexuality is such a great gift God has given to us. But it is easily distorted by pictures or stories. It's steered awry by having parents or a parent who casts a misdirected image of their sexual role. It is also distorted by sexual abuse of a chi
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Psychology Question: **** TRIGGER WARNING!***** by pufferfish @ Today at 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarbabyI am trying to understand a story I heard. Is there some psychological thing with a perp that they would purposely setup one child to 'accidentally' catch them abusing another child? Is that some twisted thing they d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by traveler @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

wow... " It was then, when I found out I'd been standing on a subway platform waiting for a train that would never come again, realizing they were gone forever and there'd be no one more ride, that the permanence of change finally sank in."
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: zip14Thank you for sharing this. I can relate to much of what you have posted here. I dealt with it by boxing it up and tucking it away on a shelf for 40+ years. Not easy once we open the box. Good for you that you have been ab
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Thanks It is a tragedy that we went threw this... but I can see the light on the end of the tunnel now I just need some guidance... thanks again..
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by morgan662 @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

I reconnected with my dad, even though we never talked about the abuse. He just seemed to change - maybe therapy or medication, I don't know. Also the abuse wasn't as invasive as others have experienced. We actually talk fairly often now.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Have to agree, beautifully written - poignant.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by morgan662 @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Just remember that you have a lot to offer the world. You may never fully get over your pain, but you can use it to help others. When you're feeling more stable, maybe volunteer at a youth center and help other kids.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by morgan662 @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

That was put really beautifully, with the metaphor of the red trains. Are you a writer?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Playing with nephew by unhappycamper @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

"Children are powerful triggers," a shrink told me. He noted that my flashbacks started right after the first time we entrusted our son (age 3) to someone else's care. It was just a half-day pre-kindergarten at a nearby church, but that see
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Playing with nephew by Frustrated @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

This is tuff but my nephews son is three years old that is the same age when my uncle started sexually abusing me. The problem is when I play with him I have flashbacks of what my uncle did to me and it makes it almost impossible to play with him. I
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by realalphabetmg @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Each time, when she stopped, she told me I had to have kids and love her because what she was doing was what I needed. Mosaic 46XXY/47XYX intersex, I was lost life and not the reality of the image she wanted: blonde, male, a father-to-be. I am a surv
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by ShortedDiode @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

I started out as a typical little boy full of energy, curiosity, mischief and innocence. Hours laying on the floor watching records play on the turntable was just as important as hearing them. Going for late evening walks with my parents as the sun
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by Frustrated @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

I stared writing everything do and I found it to be very troublesome the list of things that I was put through and the things I have done was too much to bare i tried email journal with therapist but it wasn't working. I guess keeping a journal may b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another Milestone...Sad & Angry by bey @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

When I was in my early 20s I had no real plans to quit using heroin until some guy asked me why I used, and for some crazy reason I told him the truth, that it was because my parents had abused me and junk made it easier to deal with. He told me his
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another Milestone...Sad & Angry by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Recovery is available to each one of them and you did your part. Even if you helped one get through a day they otherwise wouldn't have, then a day at a time, that's the best assistance that can be asked of you.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: having my aura photographed by Esposa @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Reiki and any energy work is awesome. Forgiveness is a choice, and a difficult one. I have often felt jealous of those who had a faith that seemed to make forgiveness seem like the only option. I am not one of those so I have had to work very hard
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody knows/try hormone therapy????? by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Thanks for this informative statement. I don't know how to convince my PCP of these things. Puffer
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Question by rebecca24 @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

i dont know when we will see each other again, and i dont want the fiendship to be lost. i miss him a lot because i enjoy his company. he helped me when i had no care taker and now he is afraid to work with me again. perhaps because dealing with m
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody knows/try hormone therapy????? by learning2luvme @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

Hey there, I have been on testosterone cypionate injections for almost 15 years. Other than an enlarged prostate which I probably would have developed anyways, hormone replacement therapy has changed my life significantly. Prior to treatment I tho
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Psychology Question: **** TRIGGER WARNING!***** by Esposa @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

This is, unfortunately, not the first time I have heard of this.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.