Newest Members
SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42
12640 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Erik1972 (43), IFEMan (50), Janie101 (49), Janiepie (49), jefhol (44), lonelyboy (30), ncnyc (50)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12640 Members
74 Forums
64905 Topics
453787 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiving Myself by traveler @ 36 minutes 57 seconds ago

Phoenix – This is a post of heartbreaking truth and beauty. It is worthy of re-reading and remembering and returning to again. There is much in it that would bear discussion, but I will limit myself to the few lines that speak most deeply and power
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Religion by Nothing Man @ Today at 11:19 AM

Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Was I an adult or a child by Nothing Man @ Today at 11:09 AM

Absolutely. As young people we complied but did not consent. Accepting this truth is hard, and I am still working on it, but I think acceptance of this is one of the keys to recovery: realizing and understanding and truly getting it that the abuse
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiving Myself by Nothing Man @ Today at 11:05 AM

PhoenixRising, your excellent post illustrates what I see as one of the conundrums we survivors face. Forgiving oneself. That is hard, because reconciling this need to forgive ourselves for our perceived hand in our own abuse with the reality that
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with I puns by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:42 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiving Myself by LMG @ Today at 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: PhoenixRisingForgiving Myself And so to be part, I stuffed the anger, and in that, started to turn inward and to destroy myself, and indeed to destroy the one who challenged it all, that little boy. And so he hid. And I became
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anger and Emotions by PhoenixRising @ Today at 09:26 AM

Sorryson, I identify so much with what you are saying. The fear of my own anger. The fear of what I might do. What it might do. When I was a child I was rageful for many reasons, and yet I was taught to shut it down, and indeed my father, who I was a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Anger and Emotions by sorryson @ Today at 09:15 AM

Last night was a terrible night. I could not sleep I could not close my eyes. He was there. If I closed my eyes he got closer and would slowly touch me. I have been up all night. My wife was with me. I feel so sorry for her, having to be there to h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Forgiving Myself by PhoenixRising @ Today at 08:51 AM

Forgiving Myself I sit listening to a piece of music, Evenstar, a piece used in the Lord of the Rings movies, a story about a reluctant being who ends up on a mission in which, because of his own simple nature, he is able to endure carrying the ring
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Was I an adult or a child by manipulated @ Today at 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Nothing Man Someone chose to do this to us. Some of us are so shocked or groomed or talked into something which we don't understand. We complied, we did not consent, and that is a huge difference. This has been one of the ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: asking a women out by Acorn2Oak @ Today at 08:12 AM

Hi amcoffee, Gosh, social interactions - casual or romantic - are hard for me too. Your post brings to mind similar feelings, misgivings. My head would become filled with expectations (mine and what I imagined hers to be), following by how I knew I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Facing my past by manipulated @ Today at 08:10 AM

Beautiful, poignant, truth. Thank you for sharing a reminder I must go forward in recovery as I am able and not stagnate and die when I plateau. We must persevere to the end.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Incest survivor anyone else? by PMGNT @ Today at 08:05 AM

Yep, mom abused me from about 10 to about 14. Father was a suicide right in the middle of that, which made my involvement with my mother much worse in my mind. The biggest therapy for me was dating a very messed up lady for less than a year. She was
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: half-sister surprise by manipulated @ Today at 08:04 AM

Regardless of what she or her family are like they will be blessed to have met and know you. Your poetry and affirmations show you to be a brother/uncle with much care, concern and wisdom you willingly share with those who ask. Even your gut wrenchin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abuser May Be Dying by PMGNT @ Today at 07:51 AM

This has been an interesting and welcome thread. I hope it's OK if I add my bit. I've been thinking about my abuser, my mother, who would be in her mid 80's. I haven't had any contact with her in 28 years and don't know if she is still alive. I've wo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shamed by PMGNT @ Today at 07:30 AM

My T told me years ago that a difference between embarrassment and shame is that we have to have some kind of enthusiasm for something for it to create shame. My abuse was possible because I cooperated. But, I cooperated because she was my mother an
Male Survivors
It took me until I was 54 to learn that I was abused.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: half-sister surprise by victor-victim @ Today at 06:01 AM

i finally got the courage to compose a short introductory email to my newly discovered sibling. she sent me a hello a while back, and i was afraid to answer. it took me quite a while to reply. there's no going back now... i just hit send. fee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ Today at 05:50 AM

To love life, to love it even when you have no stomach for it and everything you’ve held dear crumbles like burnt paper in your hands, your throat filled with the silt of it. When grief sits with you, its tropical heat thickening the air, heavy as wa
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Religion by victor-victim @ Today at 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManAnd as we poison our good Mother Earth we are on the road to finding out just how true that last statement is. "You have been telling the people, That this is the eleventh hour. Now, you must go and tell the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sibling abuse ( triggers ) / thoughts about it by Tryingtolive @ Today at 04:07 AM

I forgot that it even happened to me.. Didn't really cross my mind that I was abused .. I became very depressed . Anxiety.. Dissociating .. Just wasn't the same .. started looking up these symptoms and it said could be caused from a traumatic even
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts asking a women out by amcoffee @ Today at 03:17 AM

I recently asked a women out to a movie at work. She agreed and we did eventually did go see a movie together. I was extremely happy for about two days after her saying yes. Then for about the following three weeks it has been very difficult. Partly
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ups Downs Forward Backward by sorryson @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

My life in many ways has clarity about my family, but the clarity of my CSA is evolving. My family who I love including my Dad. I learned Mama's leaving a sick husband and children to tend to her mother when so many were around caused great heartac
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: *Trigger Warning* UK report reveals 500 victims by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

I am in the UK, and I am sorry to say this is just propaganda to distract from the real problem. The problem with CSA in Britain rests within the secret Family Courts and this is in 2 strands: 1. Social Services regularly pick on families and remove
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: When the abuser has mostly been a "good" person? by don64 @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Hi Lostc, It's taken me a very long time to get out of the blaming game, and I still process through lumps of blaming regularly. Blaming others and blaming myself obscures my ability to see reality and to learn. Being human, for me, involves havin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.