Newest Members
banterings, Struggling2, c Hughes, Syringa Vulgaris, dmoss2004864
12672 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Caetel (45), jethro (35)
Who's Online
7 registered (Bluedogone, AlexBoyd, 4 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12672 Members
75 Forums
65092 Topics
455282 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Déjà vu by Bluedogone @ 9 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thanks for sharing. It hit close to where I was not too very long ago. For some reason (perhaps weird and inappropriate) it reminds me of the words of Marge Simpson who told Homer "Listen to your heart and not the voices in your head." S
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Respect Myself by Chase Eric @ 33 minutes 30 seconds ago

I could easily have pulled the exact same snippet that BlueDogone has. Weaker people often display an ugly and frenetic negative energy. Just because they are powerless to change that within themselves does not mean we don't have the power not to b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Respect Myself by Bluedogone @ 52 minutes 42 seconds ago

Magellan, What a powerful, positive post ! Thanks You've zeroed in on some pretty significant insights Originally Posted By: Magellan I know who she is. I know who I am....And I like how I've handled myself I'm sure it's taken a lot of hard wo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Déjà vu by victor-victim @ Today at 10:53 AM

i used to think it's all in my head. i feel it's all in my heart instead. you made me think and feel. thank you for being real. thank you for sharing.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Respect Myself by woodenshoes @ Today at 10:06 AM

Megellan WoW. Powerful words. Your an inspiration to all who want to get there as well. Congratulations on the progress. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Respect Myself by Serious Dave @ Today at 08:46 AM

Magellan, I am so happy that you have found the ability to love yourself. This is a real milestone in your recovery and a sign that you are overcoming your past. I agree 100% with your methods. You found the good that you could see in yourself an
Poetry
Jump to new posts Déjà vu by nltsaved @ Today at 05:17 AM

Déjà vu I sit alone in this room in my head Where death and despair keep me living on edge It gets lonely being the only company I keep Intrinsically seeking freedom from the stink and decay from rotten yesterday's presence Insomnias fragrance
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ Today at 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: BluedogoneHAVING AN OPPOSABLE THUMB IS NO HELP UNLESS YOU CAN GET A GRIP pure genius, and completely original as far as i can google. i was unable to search any similar version of that edifying epigram. thank you dearly
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: God Sign by victor-victim @ Today at 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: pufferfish big bump!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by victor-victim @ Today at 03:31 AM

i can totally relate to your current state. my sympathies. wishing you well. sending you hope. i got lots to spare. somehow all my sudden physical and financial problems have failed to permanently dampen my spirits. how have you been feeling
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by victor-victim @ Today at 03:17 AM

i just got certified by my union after completing the first course of a brand new initiative to combat workplace hazards (bullies) that have been causing health issues including suicides. I had no idea this bullying/harassment problem has apparentl
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by victor-victim @ Today at 03:05 AM

you got me reeling, brother. this is some powerful stuff. it's like i can hear the message behind all the static, and it sounds like a distant and distorted version of my own voice, talking in a foreign language i have never heard, yet i can under
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ Today at 01:38 AM

you know i love the blues Originally Posted By: BluedogoneIt seems is it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all
Male Survivors
I feel for you I worry about getting in a similar place. Deep down I know I need help just seems overwhelming. I am going to see a new psychiatrist this month. Never been to one, I have only been to a therapist but never discussed this part of my l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ashamed and hating myself by smc1972 @ Today at 12:46 AM

I wonder and I am sure I know the answer but does the issues "triggers" ever go away? Will I always have to deal with this and will it always be a part of my mind in sexual situations. I know I should not have this shame and I truely appre
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

It seems if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all HAVING AN OPPOSABLE THUMB IS NO HELP UNLESS YOU CAN GET A GRIP Good luck and best wishes as you return to physiotherapy.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

iaccus, I'm really sorry it's so frustrating. More doctors and more medications must seem like an endless merry-go-round, where you have to keep paying for tickets to ride. It's just one more part of life where it seems you have no control, and no
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Learning to Respect Myself by Magellan @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

I think I might be learning to like myself, finally. I've been working at this a very very long time, but felt like I was making no headway. I've spent years wiping away the wreckage of my mom's upbringing, and abuse, neglect, and CSA issues. I've
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

thanks for the cheer, brothers. i am expected to return to physiotherapy tomorrow, but as of now, my left hand is still unable to grab or grip without extreme deep pain. i can move my fingers ok, but any pressure on the palm causes instant OUCH!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

iaccus You can do it. Having two psychiatrists will require you to make sure they talk so as to ensure medications are complimentary and not toxic or result in complications. You should provide both doctors with the list of medications. If you feel
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

then I want to do this. I want to have a girlfriend. But he kept me shut-up. I had nothing food. over and over. and I am regressed to little kid. And I am scared about tomorrow. I even see myself eating -like away from me. my dad
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by iaccus @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Thank you michael, that means a lot to me!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by Michael1965 @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Iaccus I want you to know that we are here for you and support you through ever step of this journey! Your victory is close my friend! Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Doctors are in control of my life, is there hope? by iaccus @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

So this morning, another 5 vials of blood drawn for "further testing". This afternoon, 2 more. I see my T, I see my psychiatrist's (yes plural), I go from visit to visit. It seems my whole world revolves around doctors and medications at th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: back and ready to make more progress by AndrewT @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Thanks guys. I went back and started rereading Not Quite Healed http://www.amazon.com/Not-Quite-Healed-Survivors-Childhood/dp/0825442702/ and it reconfirmed that I just need to be patient with myself and start with where I am at and not get frus
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.