Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446676 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update and looking for advice by Jay1946 @ 15 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: matt123 Does/Has anybody else experienced a similar feeling? Being attracted to both genders for what they feel is the result of their abuse? And if so, how did you deal with this? What advice can you give to me? Dear Matt; I c
Humor
Jump to new posts You know you're getting older when ... by Nothing Man @ 25 minutes 48 seconds ago

When an all nighter means not getting up to pee... when all the names in my black book have M.D. after them... When "getting lucky" means finding my car in the parking lot, and when the candles cost more than the cake.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by KMCINVA @ 37 minutes 40 seconds ago

Jed I believe dreams are our way of trying to make sense of what happened and takes on many gyrations. It takes time to work through the buried emotions. I too visualized the abuse and it took on different forms until we accept the reality of what
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: At that point with Mom by sorryson @ Today at 10:17 AM

FB I understand. I have always had a sense, a need to keep Mama happy and do what she said. I shared almost everything with from my dating to comparing my dates motehrs to Mama. When I married my wife helped me to stop this unhealthy talk with Mama.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by sorryson @ Today at 10:03 AM

Jed I have been having horrible dreams on and off for several months now. I have talked to my doctors about them. They are vivid and seem so real life. The abuse seems to be in the dreams. I can be playing with other boys innocently and then he appe
U.S. & World News
Someone who knows about my experience brought this to my attention. It happened not too far up the road from me in Tennessee. In this case, the accused is behind bars awaiting trial. Several victims have come forward within the statute of limitations
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by woodenshoes @ Today at 09:29 AM

Jeff I am so sorry your hurting. I understand some of what you say. Please take care of yourself. Woodenshoes
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by petercorbett @ Today at 06:55 AM

(((Jeff))), My brother, i hear your cries, i share in your fears & i'll share in your tears. All, i can offer you right now, my brother, is the only thing that i posess, other than my name, is my..................... Compassion, understanding,
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rule number one by victor-victim @ Today at 04:49 AM

me too, traveler.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thought for today by james 1959 @ Today at 02:52 AM

Thought for to day I Opened my eyes this morning for another new day in life. I do not know what this new day will bring Perhaps it maybe will be a good day filled with wonderful things. Perhaps it maybe will be not so good as i suffer in min
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rule number one by traveler @ Today at 02:37 AM

i like it, Victor! Lee
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

I really don't think that I'm handling this trigger very well in that I'm quit drunk at the moment. But luckily I'm not cutting myself up. When I was 14-15 years old every Tuesday night after school for approximately a year I was drugged out and forc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by manipulated @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Jed, I started dealing with the sex abuse from age 11 to 16 by my assistant scoutmaster only after a break from my usual self - literally 45 years after it started. Six months into therapy I started remembering my dreams for the first time in my lif
Jump to new posts Re: At that point with Mom by don64 @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Hi FB, I observe my anxiety seeming to remain constant or escalate. I observe myself feeding it with medication, food, sugar. The surplus food and sugar makes me sicker physically. This is ongoing right now. I have re-entered the world of people
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: So this is me by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

sometimes, i read a story, and it makes me sad. but whenever i hear about choirmasters and pastors and such. i get cloudy with anger. sorry, but just that word triggered me badly. such betrayal. it hurts just to think about it. you should neve
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi, Family member here by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

yes... i am afraid it does affect every aspect of your life. right down to the roots. i hope our stories can help you with your empathy and understanding. i have been married 23 years. not easy.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank You by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

everything i went through is posted here somewhere. you may not like what you see. it must be told. if it helps anyone understand what is really going on in this world, and if it even saves one child from going through what i did, or if my stor
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

welcome to our corner of the web. i sincerely hope that you find something to work with here. there is a world within our world wherein we survivors of SA exist. i am truly sorry that you have found yourself here, however... i wish you well on y
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It is time... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

welcome. i hope our stories will help you understand your problems. that is why i bare and share my soul here. what good is my suffering if it does not help others.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

i feel for you. i can listen. i can respond. i can care. i can share. this place has been helping me heal for over ten years. i sincerely hope it will do some good for you. welcome to ms.org.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rule number one by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

much appreciated, kcinohio. i try so hard. it's nice to be appreciated. i haven't written anything for sooo long, but with all the stress i have endured in the past few years, it seems to be all coming out in one big burst. am i blessed? or
Jump to new posts At that point with Mom by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Having been through a lot of roundabout discussion with my mother, I'm at the point where it feels like the true unconscious material might be engaged. What comes to mind at this moment is a quote from William James: Common-sense says, we lose our
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by catfish86 @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

I agree with Jude. I know at certain points in my life, I was so confused I really didn't understand what I was doing was screwed up nor that what had been done to me was screwed up. I would certainly make a report to the number listed.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by catfish86 @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

I also have been going to AA meetings. I am a little over 4 years sober. That is the longest period in my entire life from birth. I started when I had been scheduled to attend a family church camp. When I started thinking about packing beer is wh
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by dew @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

Thanks for the words of welcome, gents. My fingernails are taking a chewing this weekend from the stress of starting to get involved here, but I'm telling myself this is bit like the first day of school. In a short time, the jitters will be gone and
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.