Newest Members
JEB, javadi, Michael196555, KinshipKat, bluecat
12606 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
annerachel (50), DRC (42), Jeffrey Allen Miller (51), jenk (44), Niall (48), nrm (36), rolfw (31), seb16 (25), SurviveManc1 (39), westchesterguy (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, lionking, iaccus, betrayed boy, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12606 Members
74 Forums
64722 Topics
452368 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Addicted to Masturbation by jake122 @ 36 minutes 44 seconds ago

Hello Room....I introduced myself last year sometime. Stayed in the room for a couple weeks then left. Now back! Went to a new therapist. Two sessions then left. I know what I need but therapists just don't seem to get it. Yes,I was molested bet
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perspectives by PhoenixRising @ Today at 05:54 PM

Thanks guys. New job is turning out to be helpful in what I need and suddenly I will have a little money in my bank account. Oddly what I find with my family is that the names of my parents and siblings come up in new people in my life...the owners
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuff you can't talk about by woodenshoes @ Today at 05:34 PM

Ben I can say i total get it. 5 seconds of ones life can cause a life of regrets. I hope you don't beat up yourself too much. You are among friends who care and understand. Woodenshoes
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "Covenant:" A poem from "The Silence of Men" by Chase Eric @ Today at 05:16 PM

Very powerful! Thank you for sharing this, Rich Newman. I have been looking forward to your contributions to the poetry forum
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: how do i approach? by Sterling @ Today at 04:19 PM

Right ,right . Okay , thanks. i will figure this out. g
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: nothing is everything by Shyshark @ Today at 03:02 PM

Beautifully written ben ... and painful to read. I for one see your light ... you are not a shadow to me. I follow your path across the sky ... and sometimes I am lucky and catch up ... and join you for a while. Shawn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by KMCINVA @ Today at 02:44 PM

Sven I have blanks in my life for a long time. Generally a few minutes to maybe an hour. I just thought it was part of life not remembering. When the abuse was unraveling the blanks would be longer in duration. The longest was almost three days. Th
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts CPS and Child Trafficking by Still @ Today at 02:12 PM

Watch and listen if you dare to learn some very hard truths. Most normals will ignore this. And likely, most survivors will as well. Note: "this is bigger than the drug trafficking and arms trafficking combined." I'm playing this as one
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Dissociating, wtf happened? by Sven @ Today at 01:37 PM

What if you don't know if something happened or not? I mean not years ago like so many of us are struggling with. But yesterday or last week. I don't know if i'm starting to imagine things or not. Or what to do about it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociation and anxiety by iaccus @ Today at 12:42 PM

Well said focusebody!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain by Robert1000 @ Today at 12:35 PM

Things will work out, HD. And that's not magical thinking. The truth is that change is hard. It doesn't matter if it's good change or bad change. It's hard. It makes sense that you'd be sick with worry. You're leaving the known for the unknown. But y
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Pain by HD001 @ Today at 12:21 PM

Eh I'm not doing great. I feel really weird the last day couple days. I'm not sure what is going on with me. I feel so sick to my stomach all day everyday. Maybe this is what is feels like to slowly stop loving someone. Or maybe my marriage has been
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My Introduction - Looking for new Beginning by Bluedogone @ Today at 11:51 AM

Hi Lalinda, Welcome, and I hope you have much success in your quest for a new beginning. I suppose there's no really good answer to your question "Why has this happened to me," but you've found a great place to experience support, unders
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: ambigram by RichNewman @ Today at 11:47 AM

Dear Victor, These are wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading more of the poems you have posted on the site. Cheers! Richard
Poetry
Jump to new posts "Covenant:" A poem from "The Silence of Men" by RichNewman @ Today at 11:43 AM

Hi Everyone— I wrote this poem about ten or fifteen years ago, not too long after my son was born. It was a liberating poem to write, a way of giving shape and meaning to a rage I'd been carrying around for a long time. If anyone's interested, It's
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Accountability Partner by Mishka95673 @ Today at 11:20 AM

Have you checked with NAMI? They offer all sorts of things
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociation and anxiety by KMCINVA @ Today at 11:17 AM

FB said it well. I have suffered dissociation but for me it would be a total disconnect from the present. I have no memories of what occurred during this time. Thus the triggers which included triggers sent me into the state of dissociation. There
Male Survivors
Paul Thanks I was told the same thing, behavior needs to change and also boundaries need to be in place and respected, if not keep the distance. Only time will tell,but while I wait I am going to live life to the best I can. I will let you know if
Poetry
Jump to new posts nothing is everything by bey @ Today at 10:03 AM

when i was growing up i was everything i was the sun and the moon all things revolved around me and i spun around all things i burned so bright i had to squint my own eyes my skin red and blistered from my own rays the gravitational centre of our uni
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuff you can't talk about by Sven @ Today at 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: gettingstronger Last point I want to make: Imagine you're trapped in the wilderness and the only means you have to survive is cannibalism. Who in their right mind would condemn you for wanting to live? And even if you felt yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuff you can't talk about by bey @ Today at 09:40 AM

thanks a lot everyone, really. i actually feel more relaxed about it after reading your replies. i think for now its enough to say 'a bad thing was done to me, i can't talk about it but it really hurt me and i'm still scared and messed up about it&
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuff you can't talk about by bluesky @ Today at 09:27 AM

Ben I like you had a secret that I carried around for about 39 years it was and still is very painful and I still feel shame and gilt for it. I do know it was not my fault but my mind will mess with all my rashinatlzations my logic can not win out a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perspectives by traveler @ Today at 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: PhoenixRisingI am beginning to understand why other survivors call each other their family..I guess I just never wanted to give mine up..but in truth I dont think they were ever what I thought they were. Phoenix - i can only s
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Boundaries are so hard to enforce - but necessary by Mishka95673 @ Today at 08:32 AM

Been struggling with an issue the last few days. My boyfriend and I are barely together...he isn't in a place where he can fully be in a relationship. He is terrified of being in a relationship with me...he is a genuine commitment phobe. He isn't rea
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Who's in chat? by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:25 AM

I have found this to be useful. Thanks Sven. Mike
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.