Newest Members
Damon, aanndd, Paulsyd, SecondsLost, brainstem
12549 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewster (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12549 Members
73 Forums
64425 Topics
449973 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by KMCINVA @ 12 minutes 20 seconds ago

I read this thread and it makes me sad to see multiple generations experiencing CSA. It had to impact you and the family. I know my CSA impacted me and the family as did the family impact me. Why so much denial, why can't the world learn to accept
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Jude, Happy Birthday by KMCINVA @ 48 minutes 35 seconds ago

Happy Birthday Jude. I hope you have a great day!!!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Jude, Happy Birthday by peroperic2009 @ Today at 07:59 AM

Happy birthday Jude !!!!
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Landscape @ Today at 07:29 AM

I love Peter Gabriel songs. He's always so introspective and unafraid of putting his fears, insecurities and experiences out there for the world to see. Or, maybe I love his music, because he's putting my fears, insecurities and experiences out there
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by Bardo @ Today at 07:00 AM

Thanks for the support! I totally agree with the sleeping and fatigue Sonata. I have been napping more. Today I just called in sick. Don't know what is going on. This week for a couple of days I felt like I retrenched. Reburied the issues. Felt nothi
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by lionking @ Today at 06:21 AM

Thank you
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Suwanee @ Today at 06:17 AM

Still, Digging in the dirt Stay with me, I need support I'm digging in the dirt To find the places I got hurt Open up the places I got hurt Yes...I posted this song a while back...you and I seem to pick up on a lot of the same lyrics. I'm honored,
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Every Day Mindfulness by traveler @ Today at 05:57 AM

love this idea - so here is my first contribution: most days after we leave school, my wife and i sit on our veranda with a cup of tea and review our days. it is a time to catch up, re-connect, and unwind. We take time for one another and for oursel
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mask - unmasked by traveler @ Today at 05:41 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Since i wrote that poem, i have changed the way i see my self. it used to be as several distinct individuals - me at each individual age, with only tenuous connections between them and to my present - but quite co
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by traveler @ Today at 05:25 AM

good one, Lionking - and welcome! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Bardo @ Today at 05:25 AM

Stay strong VV. I wish you the very best in your return to full health.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by lionking @ Today at 05:23 AM

Thank you guys
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Seeing the Doc - what to/not to discuss by Bardo @ Today at 05:23 AM

Ninja, Good luck with your appointment. You will say what you need to say and hopefully they will see the man and not just the diagnosis. Keep us posted, we are here for you. Freeman
Jump to new posts Re: Every Day Mindfulness by victor-victim @ Today at 03:30 AM

this looks like the beginning of a good long thread. keep it coming. i find this sort of stuff very inspiring. thanks for keeping my sky blue. mindfully acknowledging the positive energy coming off this page
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by victor-victim @ Today at 03:24 AM

this would sound even better read aloud as spoken word. it has a very strong rhythm. solid. tight as a drumbeat.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another layer... by VASurvivor @ Today at 12:30 AM

:-) Bardo - I understand. We sought out marriage counseling first. It quickly became apparent that our individual stuff was the root of our "together" stuff. We would alternate going separately and together, but sometimes our individual st
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by VASurvivor @ Today at 12:26 AM

Glad this was an encouragement. I can relate to much of what others are posting about, especially feeling like a punching bag most of my life. Also, I often feel "misunderstood" - like no one gets me, ever. All I can say is the guided me
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Still @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

There are many Christians behaving badly out there. I know, cuz I'm a "bad behavor" in the eyes of many "creepy Christians." I don't play the "be passive and let everything just happen" game that many of them like to pla
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Still @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Logan, You know I endure years of intense flashbacks, and that's how I'm interpreting what you are describing here. I never really did learn to "control" them. I always got swept-away into the time-travel. I Still have them. The category
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

I recall very distinctly when my memories came back, the emotions came back at full tilt, like a tape recorder playing in reverse...if one could imagine the feeling of fear pouring out of you, backward, it's every bit as intense as it was when it wen
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Still @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

This is certainly a song about introspection. Gabriel claims its about prison inmates and his own therapy: ""I was also going through therapy myself so that had a bearing," he added. "It wasn't a cathartic experience where I revis
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Great stuff VASurvivor. I found attachment theory to be really powerful and explanatory for me when I found it several months ago; to the point where I have now specifically sought out a therapist who works in attachment theory and am finding it to b
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: The journey begins by 86 @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Thank you all for your kind and helpful replies. Words can't discribe the feeling of knowing that, although tragically, im not the only one that feels this way as the result of the sexual abuse. For a time i thought i was the only one on earth that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Still @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

"i plan on beating their estimate" said the strong survivor. Awesome!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by gettingstronger @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Victor, I wish I could send more than well wishes! I'm sorry the system up there isn't really doing what needs to be done financially. Ours down here isn't any better-- you can make a zillion dollars per year, and worker's comp pays maybe what you
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.