Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Disturbing dream, but maybe therapeutic? by Bluedogone @ Today at 04:38 AM

I think dreams usually have a very profound psychological meaning. Sometimes it just means too much pepperoni pizza too close to bedtime. But most often the meaning can be significant. Off and on for the last couple of years I've had a recurring drea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going Crazy by Bluedogone @ Today at 03:55 AM

I'm not a black man who'se been raped so I can't very well say "I know what you mean." But I do know this, there are thousands of men on this site with all sorts of horrific stories, most of them different than anyone else, but all with th
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Little Boy Lost by 1lifenow @ Today at 02:12 AM

thanks guys for responding it means a lot to me. I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past month and its remarkable how the shift can be. I am not trying to play the what if game i am just trying to learn lesson in life that others seemed t
Male Survivors
Sorryson, Not trying to diagnose you, but see if this fits your experience and talk to your psychiatrist. Originally Posted By: WebMDDissociative fugue, formerly called psychogenic fugue, is one of a group of conditions called dissociative disorders
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Need to vent by victor-victim @ Today at 12:18 AM

according to a documentary by A&E Investigative Reports entitled "Child Sex Trade" which was produced back in a the year 2000 says that "A young girl could earn much more money for a pimp than an older woman and the same rule appl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My relationship towards my self by randombreeze @ Today at 12:00 AM

Great post and absolute truth in what you're saying. I've always felt, that much of what make me who I am has remained untapped. And because I refused to look inward, and have a relationship with myself, I spent much of my life chasing and running f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 10+ years by petercorbett @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Texas howdy, my fraternal brothers. For this old boy of 75 i just celebrated my 6th year & 28th day anniversary in MS. It's been a wonderful time in my life. I came here in deep despair, shame & guilt for that things that happened 60+ years
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

RandomBreeze, I've attended events for 12 step where there is actually a workshop on handling a potential "crash" afterward. In a safer than usual space with some progress, that can produce elation and a sense of well-being. When things get
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Recognising Manipulation and Blaming the Abuser by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Interesting-- I've become convinced that I was hypnotized on several occasions so that I would NOT remember anything. Puffer
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: prescription to kill by OCN @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

'You didn't tell me you had a prescription.' Something for a mastercard viral advertisement? :P :P Nice joke NM!
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Meditation by OCN @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Glad to see the topic is still alive and well! I haven't been around a lot lately and i've stirred up a lot in my life - kinda counter-meditation i'd call it lol The things which have happened to me are to me beyond funny or sad.. yet i have to lea
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by lucylives @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

Reenacting his abuse......that is what my husband's addiction was about. Anonymous encounters with men and prostitutes. The story line was always the same with him being "taken advantage" of as in his abuse but now it is with him saying w
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: He told his father by Judith @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Hi The only books I can suggest which are excellent -they can be applied to both male and female but they are written from the context I think of inform female what to do but I know they can help you with what has just has happened Refuge and Why D
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lesson We Can Learn by don64 @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Kevin. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Pattom, one of my perps was my mother. Not only did she molest me but she also was physically and mentally abusive toward me. Even now she haunts my dreams -- the most recent was her being verbally abusive toward me over nothing, which was her SOP.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by 96789594 @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

welcome to MS ,just like to say that what ur experiencing are things that many survivors struggle with , i'm glaad that you'v made progress .Simply being on the path of recovery takes incredible strength and courage , so be gentle and kind and patien
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

I don't trust my own feelings. I would have likely lost it and acted violently under the circumstances. regardless of my ideals and ethics. sometimes the animal takes over. how I would feel later is another story. the father will need counsellin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A surprising realization by GT13568 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Yay. I'm so glad I logged in today and found this post of yours, Magellan. Congratulations. You rock. Geoff
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by Ocellaris @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Ocellaris is a species of clownfish. "Nemo" from the popular animated movie is an ocellaris clownfish. I originally chose the name because I keep a saltwater fish tank and the ocellaris clownfish was one of the first ones I kept. But I also
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Hi Pufferfish, Originally Posted By: pufferfishThere was a constant struggle for dominance between father and mother. Who would be the boss? This sounds close to what I experienced too. My mother was generally the winner when it came to what when o
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse by Ocellaris @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

As a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of outcomes like this one: http://ww
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by Nicole @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

md4e, Very well said. I live with a lot of uncertainty. I wish I could read his mind for just long enough to see what he really wants from me, because it seems to change faster than I can keep up. There's only snippets of a loving, intimate relations

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.