Newest Members
CC Counseling, Alan Clammer, kristih335, markcox, cid41706
12677 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
atcause (43), GroovyCelestial (34), Manny (48), peroperic2009 (39), SuperTramp7981 (27)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, Winhamness, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12677 Members
75 Forums
65136 Topics
455576 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by Winhamness @ 6 seconds ago

2 weeks have passed. I'm in so much pain right now. This divorce is killing me. It tweaks every insecurity I have as a result of the abuse. I had the introductory session with my new therapist. It was really good. I am very optimistic this guy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts WHEN is it appropriate to tell som1 you like them? by Magellan @ 9 minutes 33 seconds ago

I'll spare the long sad history of how dysfunctional I am when it comes to relationships (I have no idea how to function), and spare you all my feelings about how lacking Ifeel for never having had a romantic relationship, ever. I'm 43. I have had
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gunstore with special pricetags by Still @ Today at 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Sven hope you won't have to come across a situation where you mistake your daughter sneaking in the house as an intruder... That is a very very low blow and very bad form. You clearly are not a parent, and you ought not "
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: stuck dont know where to go by Mark954 @ Today at 04:26 AM

hi just plain me ! i agree with you that movie is a good metaphore for what we survivors are going through ,but i just like to add that for me , i dont think that the csa are the only cause of my struggles today , i have suffered a severe emotional a
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Hey NM I hope that next time never comes even into view. I see that you were in a catch-22 sort of merry-go-round. I would imagine that parents sometimes don't see the effect on a child when moving from one place to another. For them it probably was
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: scream by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Justice??? ** Possible triggers** by SmartShadow @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Hay Izzy, Wow, you are in the pinch zone. Protect yourself. Keep your idenity protected if you can. Ask for help and protection. I hope you can help them in what they are trying to stop. Thanks for what you are doing and taking on!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Heartfelt Apology by SmartShadow @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Thanks for the repair! Works for me. I was hoping you were ok. It sounded to me like you were having a really bad day. Good to see you taking control and responsibility. I am working on that as well. It was realy good of you to come back around on
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fishing for feedback by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

thank you for the encouraging words. you are kind man, monsieur manipulated. de votre part, c'est très gentil. may you find the strength to heal, the power to recover, the courage to express, and the freedom for success. danke liebe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

X-RAYS - waiting for results
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: just some thoughts about my situation (triggers) by DavoSwim @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

I'm very sorry for what you experienced, and what you are going through now, is fairly typical for CSA survivors. If you remove the context - you were young, it was your brother, etc, what you are remembering is this - it felt good, and you enjoyed
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: MAY THE 1`ST by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

May the 1st of our souls be satisfied. May the 1st be with You www.fortheloveofpunk.com/stream-no-parents-may-the-thirst-be-with-you/
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Paul Your brother, what a question but a very good one. Sadly many marriages have these issues of family over spouse, be it the husband or wife. Your mother probably did not realize her honesty would generate such a response. It is healthy it is o
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts From Here to Eternity? Property and the Dead Hand by Becoming Other @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

Experts say that 1 in 4 girls will be sexually molested, and within the family, and then 1 in 6 boys. These numbers far surpass what is done in institutions or at the hands of strangers. But we never hear about it. Criminal prosecutions and civil
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

i have so much loneliness. yesterday i emailed a friend. She is a Psych Emergency Nurse at a hospital.... "leslie , i was wondering , if you have tomorrow we can have lunch or coffee,tea ? i will page you..." goran. Sunday 10 a
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeping Death by bluesky @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Thank you for you kind caring words and I am glade that the poem resonated with you. As for the death part I looked at it as the time in my life where the pain was so great I that I buried it until the only thing left was one of two choices death or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Survivng, Thriving, but Admitting Victimisation by learning2remember @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Thanks for the encouraging response. I'm glad there are people who understand.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The nurse in the night by learning2remember @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

You've shared this in the right place. That was abuse; no question about it. I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm not sure what else to say. We're here.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Shame, Shame by Serious Dave @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Hey Guys, I’ve been thinking about the shame that we all carry because of the abuse. In his book, Healing the Shame that Binds You, John Bradshaw makes a distinction between two types of shame; healthy [legitimate] shame and toxic [false} shame. L

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.