Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (wiresguy1, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! by traveler @ Today at 07:05 AM

happy birthday, Harry! i hope this year brings better things to you. Lee
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by victor-victim @ Today at 06:03 AM

here is a good sign.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: amazing gifs by victor-victim @ Today at 05:53 AM

dog:god
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone here who is currently writing a book? by wild_turky @ Today at 05:46 AM

I have been trying for over 10 years i have about two pages and find it to hard. Im hoping that a time will come that i can be ready to put it into a good form with out a sob story and hopefully a happy ending.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? by wild_turky @ Today at 05:42 AM

I will always try to forget but never forgive
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by wild_turky @ Today at 05:39 AM

I have been angry for a long time and as it diminishes I don't feel like I'm left with a lot. I feel more empty and miss the strength of being angry. I don't believe that it ever was more dominant than love and hope for they to kept me alive and gave
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where black stuff comes from by dark empathy @ Today at 03:06 AM

What a mindless arse hole! One of the sad things about terapists, and something my dad as a psychiatric nurse often said that one of the things which really irritated him about psychology as opposed to psychiatry is that there was no regulation, an
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by Seekingwisdom @ Today at 01:59 AM

Welcome to MS, so sorry for your pain and struggle with what happen 20 years ago. You have courage for first acknowledging what happen to you to yourself and for taking steps toward recovery here. I too am new to MS and I am dealing with stuff that
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by Still @ Today at 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: victor-victimin our industry, there is supervisor who is also a serial sexual predator. he has assaulted and molested several young women through various methods both subtle and sinister. using the power of his position of au
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Shame: why I'm here by victor-victim @ Today at 12:46 AM

welcome back, fhorns. no fault. no blame. no guilt. no shame. banish those negative thoughts. give them no quarter. “Shame derives its power from being unspeakable.” - Brené Brown break the silence. kill the shame. "Shared pain i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by dark empathy @ Today at 12:28 AM

I can say I am genuinely in awe of this. I've bashed,broken and cut my fingers more than enough to at least imagine that sort of pain but the thought of literally having it constantly there for a month at such a huge degree, and! losing part of yo
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally feeling whole by irishguym @ Today at 12:24 AM

Thanks guys, Ultimately time is one of the few 'truly' important things we have in this world it's such a shame to use it in a way that further inflicts suffering on ourselves. As someone who has vocally stood up and fought for others rights to l
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It's time by victor-victim @ Today at 12:17 AM

welcome to male survivors. good to have you here. i hope that we can help you with your feelings of isolation. that is a significant issue for me and many other survivors. it is good that you have overcome the denial and repression. hope to h
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts the CHANGELING by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Here is another one to add to the list. This movies created a very intense, unpleasant and deep reaction in me. The titles gave me no warning, and I was lured in by the big names. I thought I was going to see a remake of The Changeling from 1980
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Effects of Covert child sexual abuse by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

http://blogs.psychcentral.com/sex/2014/07/childhood-covert-incest-and-adult-life/
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Urges by brother2none @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

There is some research out there that abuse affects portions of the brain, the hippocampus, if I recall correctly, that affects sexual stimulation etc... Might be worth a look. There may be a physical basis for the changes you feel.
Jump to new posts Re: I give them all my power by fhorns @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

"For me, unfortunately, I frequently have to precipitate some mental or physical crisis to get over the fear of change." Yikes...true...too true. I'm here due to isolating myself, which turns me on myself. I got to a meeting tonight, a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania by brother2none @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Continuing to hammer away at the abuser through the legal process. He has basically admitted to the abuse, the threats, etc.. by failing to respond at all to court filings. I have connected the dots to some additional possible victims. I have unco
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt anyone? by don64 @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Hi Gaatt, I find the guilt is repressed/suppressed/displaced fear. Mothering is so central to surviving, it's no wonder it gets so disconnected from the perpetrator. However, the guilt doesn't belong to you. You were betrayed. That is not to say
Jump to new posts Re: Simply: how the hell do I do this? by fhorns @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

"the least bit appropriate" Very good choice of words :-). People admitting it is really rare for public admission. So, I'm glad I do better writing. MS is a gift to me. Keeps it in a safe place. Finally, thanks for sharing how you've
Jump to new posts Re: Wondering if I'm alone by fhorns @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

It's good to know I'm not alone. The first thought when I wrote that was "what if I want to be alone?!" It's unhealthy, yes. I'm realizing, and have been for some time, that I chose this loneliness. Not having to face rejection and cr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

nothing i could see in the vancouver, bc, kanada zone. scarce recovery resources up here in the great north. --------------notes----------------------------- British Columbia provincial population: 4.61 million (2.46 live in the greater vanc
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: William Wordsworth by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

The Forsaken The peace which other seek they find; The heaviest storms not longet last; Heaven grants even to the guiltiest mind An amnesty for what is past; When will my sentence be reversed? I only pray to know the worst; And wish as if my heart w
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Daily Meditation by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

thoughts for today... Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Give us this day our daily bread. Th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: appropriate for a wife to confront husband's perp? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

confronting the spouses abuser? very risky and may cause stress for the survivor. it may be viewed as a breach of trust if the disclosure was meant to be private. could backfire without professional guidance. probably best to get the spouses per
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.