Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers by BuffaloCO @ Today at 11:53 AM

I keep finding new songs that are not actually new, except when you get new eyes to see them, and new ears for listening too. I love this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwjTT2bqKk0
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts surviving life's challenges by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:23 AM

I recently had a health scare. I went to the local ER because I thought I had appendicitis -- pain in the lower right quadrant of my belly. After a CT scan the doctors found what they called a fist-sized mass in my colon. They started using the wo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Forced to be a child by dark empathy @ Today at 08:48 AM

there is a lot on this forum about positive "reclaiming of childhood" and "loving the innerchild" and such, which is fare enough. I recently read an article on Enid blighten, the famous children's author (the one who created nod
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? by Jude @ Today at 08:38 AM

Many people have told me that forgiving is what I need to do to be able to move on with my life. If thats so, I am still far from that point. The rage I feel about it, the pain that still lingers, are too raw, the emotions too complex, to wrap it a
Introductions
Dear Seeking Wisdom, Many of us are in the same shoes...middleaged...spent a lifetime trying to surpress the pain and shame...tried drugs and/or alcohol to escape it....and now unable to deny it any longer,finding the emotions overwhelming, and fina
Humor
Dear Lee 83, Welcome to MS. There are lots of forums & threads here addressing serious subjects related to childhood sexual abuse and recovery. You are invited to delve in to read and post as you feel able. This thread is strictly for the occ
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/canadian-tourist-raped-robbed-man-he-met-grindr120414 Canadian tourist raped, robbed by man he met on Grindr Sexually assaulted at gunpoint, then taken to five nearby ATMs to withdraw cash 12 APRIL 2014 Surveillan
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Affirmations by victor-victim @ Today at 02:27 AM

here is another great book which formed part of my survival strategy. http://www.stuartwilde.com/books/affirmations/ AFFIRMATIONS, by Stuart Wilde, is not just a collection of nice words to say to yourself, but serves as a magnificent battle-pl
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I will not feel guilty about that by victor-victim @ Today at 02:16 AM

very powerful. affirmations.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Its Never Too Late to Have a Great Childhood by victor-victim @ Today at 12:32 AM

i do agree. it is never too late to have a happy childhood. in fact, i had the privilege and honour of experiencing the three happy childhoods of my own kids growing up. i have been compensated for my own catastrophic upbringing by 300%. con
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

here are some of my own personal experiences with vigilante justice. warning triggers warning triggers http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8910#Post456902 http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...2979#Post442186 http://www.malesurvivor.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Dog Moon by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

so beautiful.    visions.     conjured.      instincts.       stirred. your poem resonates deep in my dna. it really reminds me of one of my old favourites...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I Get By by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

this is as good as it gets! absolutely awesome. all i can say is... i wish i wrote this. thank you.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: An Ode to Mysery by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

i love this. the words speak to me, as i read them. it sings itself. i can hear the melody. well written.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by SmartShadow @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

That's such a positive outlook. It sound like you have come a long way. I can relate the the hand injury. Bone pain is in a category of its own. Metaphorically speaking, I suppose surviving train wrecks is what we all have to get good at. I wish you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by BraveFalcon @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Hi Husky. I wanted you to know that I just got caught up on your story. Sorry I haven't been around much. Congrats and I am proud of you. Hope everything is going well in your new life. Good luck in maintaining your separation from the "blood s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and stuff by BraveFalcon @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Hi Txb. I'm sorry to hear about the turn things have taken for you recently. I guess the good news is that you've gotten through it and have survived it. I know for a while there things were going a little better for you. Can you put your finger on
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is good about you? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

what is good about me? i want to be good. i want to do good. i love.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Translators wanted by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

p.s. my japanese has gotten a lot better. i have been working and studying it steadily since my last post here. i have learned how to read and write the hiragana and the katakana, but my kanji recognition is very limited.
Poetry
Jump to new posts the trip by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

take a trip with me through twisted history and tortured memory. a journey. an odyssey. escape from apathy. travel through misery. the agony and ecstasy of recovery and self discovery. develop dignity. embrace empathy. the brutal truth of h
Jump to new posts Re: LOVE in scripture by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

some street preacher handed me this pamphlet the other day and i thought it was worth sharing. i found several versions of it on the internet. for your enjoyment, entertainment, and enlightenment... A LOVE LETTER FROM FATHER My Child, Y
Jump to new posts Re: How do I know there is a God... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

Re: How do I know there is a God... good question: whenever i contemplate this conundrum - i find courage and comfort in this scripture... "Because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone here who is currently writing a book? by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Coming back to this post....have any of you published yet? We'll support you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dark empathyI often find the idea of total hatred for everyone very tempting. I read a wonderful metaphore the other day, from a novel by Tad Williams where a man, who is himself a complete psychopath said "The world is a l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Information about the Abused Becoming Abusers by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Thank you Anomalous! With so much CSA discussion popping up in the news (at least, I'm seeing lots of articles and stuff in my Facebook timeline lately), the "victims become abuser" myth is clearly still strongly held by a significant porti
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.