Newest Members
Momiji, ja16, winter-rain, johelp, Nemo
12658 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (35), cloud 9 (25), Malaki619 (33), worcester2003 (52)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12658 Members
74 Forums
65029 Topics
454814 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Needed to come back, need to continue to heal by woodenshoes @ 21 minutes 24 seconds ago

Dolphinboy Welcome back brother. Ws
Poetry
Jump to new posts Getting better by bey @ 23 minutes 23 seconds ago

He said "Are you ok? You look sad." and I shook my head, because I never feel sad but i said "Ya, kind of. I suppose so." He said "Can I give you a hug?" and I shook my head, because I don't like to be touched but I sai
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: spiritual armour by victor-victim @ Today at 10:30 PM

"his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, 'Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them'. And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see'. And the
Poetry
Jump to new posts Joseph Campbell by victor-victim @ Today at 10:03 PM

Just as anyone who listens to the muse will hear, you can write out of your own intention or out of inspiration.      ~ Joseph Campbell
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust by don64 @ Today at 09:10 PM

Hi Magellan, I've come to the conclusion that the only person I can ever trust and need to trust is myself. It is myself that I have to trust to be able to realistically see others, and to know I can trust myself to have flexible boundaries that c
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by don64 @ Today at 08:48 PM

I have identified as gay for 46 years now, and am becoming open to the idea that that may not be all that is true for me. I'm fine with being gay, although becoming truly comfortable with being gay still requires work as social and cultural beliefs
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: 3 Little Pigs by unhappycamper @ Today at 06:55 PM

Wow, things are really bubbling to the surface here in the DC area. But I try to remember: At least a news article means they caught the perv(s). John
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by victor-victim @ Today at 06:53 PM

welcome to ms.org, Winhamness. my apologies... i thought i had posted this last time i was in here reading your introduction. i must have missed the submit button when i signed off, sorry. i forgot what i wrote so i will just start over. looki
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cops Too? Yes! Cops too. by unhappycamper @ Today at 06:52 PM

I see he worked at a high school from 2006 to 2009. Big surprise! I wonder if he had other jobs that put him in contact with teens or children. Oh well, another perv caught! John
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm syndrome? by Bluedogone @ Today at 06:43 PM

Hey Tryingtolive, My understanding of the Stockholm Syndrome is when the victim has a real or perceived fear for his life but slowly, gradually becomes so sympathetic to the perp and what he's doing that he becomes a willing accomplish. I think yo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Real Me by Shyshark @ Today at 06:26 PM

Fascinating. Thanks for letting us share it.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: gerard (jerry) drozda, aka starman77 by KMCINVA @ Today at 06:03 PM

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you, his family and Gerard.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have the same issue? by Dolphinboy @ Today at 06:03 PM

Just being in a conversation is difficult for me, I constantly worry that people will "see through me", so I rather don't speak when in a group. I have worked very hard on my self esteem issues, and my confidence has improved, although grou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lost years by Dave PNW @ Today at 05:32 PM

Hard stuff facing our past and recognizing it could have been different. I think some of that is helpful as a part of understanding the depth and impact of the injury caused by the sexual abuse that was done to us. We need to understand the injury to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with Loss by Dave PNW @ Today at 05:09 PM

Obi, sorry you lost a friend. I know that bitter and disorienting and painful emptiness. And I know you might not want to hear this just now, but you will feel eventually that the good human connection you made with him, the bond you felt is worth th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I need advice on stopping flashbacks by KMCINVA @ Today at 04:42 PM

I am sorry you are experiencing flashbacks. You mind is telling you it is time to process the past and the abuse. I know how disturbing and scary they can be. It is reliving something you for so long tried to forget. Letting the secret out is the fi
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This King's Speech by victor-victim @ Today at 04:33 PM

as i struggle to lift 35 pounds at my physiotherapy, and feel the triumph of small victories, i can totally relate to this boy's accomplishment!! what seems easy to most, often seems nearly impossible to a few. for some, it is. when a small vict
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Waging War on the Autistic Child by Obi @ Today at 04:32 PM

The following is what you wrote. Psychotherapist and Social Workers are not a help. They just want to talk you down and turn you into an object of pity. This amounts to second rape. you have called a sex abuse survivor here on MS, blacken, an abu
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Standing Up for the Family Scapegoats, Trevor Todd by Nothing Man @ Today at 03:40 PM

I am also interested in your professional and medical qualifications to cast such judgments. I suspect there are none.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by lapchinj @ Today at 03:13 PM

Hey iaccus, All I can say is WOW. I brought my parents up from Florida about 7 years ago. I built an addition to my house so they could have their own private life but having my family to help if need be. My father was 100 years old this past April
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
I am so glad to see this discussion. I have self-identified as gay for 46 years, and recently, after moving out some more old suppressed energy, have wondered if it is just as likely that I may have turned out straight or bi as gay had I not been ab
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "Oh, no - not again!" TRIGGERS? by Obi @ Today at 11:17 AM

Yes, I do have those moments. They become less and less with time from working on my recovery.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DAD/SON Incest Sexual Fetish by Blessedcurse @ Today at 09:27 AM

This is a really interesting thread. I think it's a good thing to start thinking about own sexual behaviour with an open mind. What is hurting me and what is healing? What do I have to reevaluate when getting to know myself better? To me it is impos
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cleared My Schedule--It Was A Good Day by Landscape @ Today at 08:30 AM

Sounds like a great day. Congratulations.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Back For a Visit by sorryson @ Today at 04:49 AM

Jude I have read some of you posts and I am so glad you are moving past the abuse. It helps me as I am trying to move on know it can be done. I hope to be where you are one of these days. Thank you for givng us hope and a goal we can achieve. Paul
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.