Newest Members
Trina, BreakingSilence, fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44
12704 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
george of kent (77), HarborSeeker (50), locknbar (31), russo (36), Stewdawg (53), TM (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (sorryson, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12704 Members
75 Forums
65340 Topics
456960 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Everything you have said is true. Your doctor friend was on point. We heard the same things from our doctors and counselors. It was blind to us but not Dad. At one group session my sister yelled at Mama, Dad knew more than her because he was the onl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reading literature and the so what's so bad fairy by GoodKiwi @ 25 minutes 36 seconds ago

Dark empathy, your review of Halfmen of O takes me way, way back. That was amazing. Maurice Gee would have to be one of my favourite authors. Under the Mountain is another classic. Iíve lost track of how many times I read it. The movie they made rece
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: It's Ok by traveler @ Today at 03:14 AM

Your poem is excellent - much better than ok. such a haunting, ironic understatement. I feel it wih you. Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does society care? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

That's a pretty profound statement Originally Posted By: GoodKiwiThen I realised I canít think of a single survivor story where the victim was listened to, taken seriously and treated in an appropriate and compassionate manner. And I think there's
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

a normal life, i was denied. i do not accept any blame. i cried until my eyes dried. i refused to play the game. resistance was futile, though i tried. i could not avoid the flame. i did not consent, i complied. i feel no guilt or s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To Forgive, but not to Absolve by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

txb, victor-victim provides a good response below. Without getting deep into the philosophy of Immanuel Kant et. al., I'll also give it a go since I started this thing: Forgiveness and absolution are related but neither the twain shall meet. The r
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Shhh by zip14 @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Great stuff. Thanks. Just what I needed.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Child Bride (1938) by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Child Bride (1938) A schoolteacher in a rural community campaigns to stop the practice of older men marrying young, underage girls. Child Bride is a 1938 American film directed by Harry Revier and produced by Raymond L. Friedgen. The film was prom
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Wendy Maltz's "The Sexual Healing Journey" by gaatt @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: focusedbodyWendy Maltz's book "The Sexual Healing Journey" has a good list of ways to think about sex that are healthy. Hi FB, I imagine that you are talking about the chapter called "Creating a New Meaning for
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I am falling apart by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Hey Bluesky, No need to go into it now. Or for that matter, to ever go into it if you choose. It's all up to you. But, please remember you are not alone as you try to deal with these unsettling sensations. Many times when we feel as if we're fa
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Will we ever be "us" again? by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Hi Trishy, I really understand the sense of loss you are feeling. I have asked myself the same questions...am I willing to forego the physical touch to be in this relationship with him. What helped me is to realize that the physical touch aspect was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog,new trick by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Yes yes, only you can choose your future, you have the power, today is the first day of the rest of your life, tomorrow is another day, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, etc, etc etc. Maybe for some people this is true, hell
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: CSA survival with disabilities by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Gender makes a difference, I've seen the stats on married vs single and it's shocking, out of all married disabled people, five out of six are female. Don't believe me? read This story of another blind surviver My councillor found it for me, but bas
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversaries by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Hey BDD, I think what I would have to say for your statement can be summed up in one word Originally Posted By: BDD You know, this year is different. I am not apologizing for being sad. And that word would be CONGRATULATIONS Sometime there's just n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I am Frankenstein by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

"something for those guys who are in the early stages of therapy today: you won't believe how much the pain and the memories will fade." "those memories first became more vivid, and then they've faded." "they do fade. Just
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: greetings by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 12:31 PM

Hi ScardyCat, welcome to MS How many times I heard that name growing up! I didn't understand a lot of what was going on at the time, but I knew that wasn't a name to be cherished. By joining in with other survivors you've made another courageous
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: evilution by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

evilution

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.