Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, wearytraveler, Greg56), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Scholastic football culture - not much has changed by tbkkfile @ 47 minutes 36 seconds ago

Shrugging it off as no big deal and minimising it is a sure way of ensuring a lifetime of pain, depression, dissociation and much more for the victims. It let my perps off the hook at the time, they returned and made the next year or so of my life h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Distressing morning ahead. by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:51 AM

I'm glad you are feeling better. I am sending you my support as well. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame Binding by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:49 AM

I keep telling myself every day it was not my fault. While I understand it in principle, I still do not accept it in fact -- and I know that my thought process there is completely wrong. There are so many barriers put up which inhibit healing. The
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I had a bad feeling today....... by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:45 AM

We have already been through and survived the hardest thing ever, the abuse. Now we just have to learn to heal and you just gave us a great exemplar of how we should deal with our feelings. Thank you. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting recovery by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:43 AM

Welcome, Anura, and I am sorry for what brought you here. I too have struggled with self-loathing for the abuse I suffered, some of which happened at the same stage of life as you. One of the things I am trying to learn is to have compassion toward
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My intro by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:22 AM

Dave, I'm sorry for the reasons you are here but glad that you found us. We have all suffered in one way or the other but what we do have in common is a sense of comradeship and a strong gift of support to each other. Congratulations on your first
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Under aged sexual exploitation or art by dark empathy @ Today at 07:29 AM

Wow, a very interesting topic and I appreciate the thoughts of people here. @David I can tell you, separating individual reactions to things from moral judgements is not easy. I am genophobic, any depiction of s/x at all I find bothers me, indeed if
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

I've always had a problem with holding my kids and now my grandkids or even getting involved with them. I couldn't do homework with them or other things that a dad does with his kids. This past Saturday I asked my wife how old my son's oldest boy is.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Incubus: "Drive" Back when the song was released, it hit me at just the right time. After a few years of post-college doldrums (and some pretty stupid csa-driven behavior), I was ready to take the wheel again; I was ready to drive and not b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Giving back by pow @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Rich, Its an interesting topic that you bring up. I "give back" a lot. I don't think I could keep a balance otherwise. I question my motivation though.. I think about it a lot. I am drawn to conflict areas in the world. I go there to h
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Sponsor & Weekend conference by Jude @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

Welcome Reynel, No sponsor, just 12,000+ guys who get it and are here for you when you need us. Jude
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts CDC Study on Physical and Psychological Abuse by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Just thought it had some interesting findings. http://www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc-study-more-men-than-women-victims-of-partner-abuse/

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.