Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Toxic people in your life by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Toxic people attract and breed toxic people. At a recent support group meeting the question was asked had we ever witnessed someone be physically or sexually abused. I told a story and realized I had turned on someone in need. To this day I have bee
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Nine/Eleven by traveler @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

estuardo - i will pray for you. i am sorry this has come back to torment you again. i am sure you can find some of the support you need here - though there are more readers on the regular male survivors forum. can you get support from a therapist,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by onlyakid @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

My older brother was my perp, and we have an ok relationship. I see him at family gatherings but I don't proactively seek him out. It may be a bit different because I have not confronted him and at the current time don't plan to.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Question by Cam76 @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Hey Rebecca, I did marry a parental incest survivor, and he is currently in therapy - and probably will be for a long time. I do not for one second regret marrying him, but there are issues related to his childhood that affect our marriage. I don't
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Psychology Question: **** TRIGGER WARNING!***** by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

I am trying to understand a story I heard. Is there some psychological thing with a perp that they would purposely setup one child to 'accidentally' catch them abusing another child? Is that some twisted thing they do? Is there a name for it?
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Thanks for your introduction. Hope you find MS helpful in your continued progress. Glad you were able to find a good counselor for this. My experiences with that were helpful overall, but mixed along the way.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. Don64, you have a great way of presenting your journey.Like your emphasos on love and compassion here. KMCinVA, yes, I think accepting one's value is one of those ongoing challenges I have. While I can get there, usually r
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by bey @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Thanks traveler. Something to think about. Ben
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by JayBro @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

I absolutely agree with you! I think prevention measures are needed in conjunction for postvention measures for youth and adults who have survived abuse.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This American Life: Interview With A Pedophile by JayBro @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Thank you so much for providing me with more info on this topic! I am so horrified by this project.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Rough Week - small trigger by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Look at it another way. If your brother took it poorly, is because he cares. Having a brother who cares has to be a plus in one's life.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by don64 @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Hi TEBA, "Should've kept my trap shut" is never healthy in my opinion. It's not that I should never talk, it's that I have to learn to talk in situations that work for me. I have to learn to discern. I have to figure out what is healthy

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.