Newest Members
ratherbfishing, NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope, StormyWeather
12804 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (61)
Who's Online
4 registered (Alyosha, payne, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12804 Members
75 Forums
66053 Topics
461772 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by traveler @ 57 minutes 46 seconds ago

my symptoms started immediately after the abuse started - becoming more shy, quiet, and withdrawn, turning inward, avoiding situations and people, etc. as the abuse continued, those symptoms were followed by skin rashes, headaches, gastro-intestina
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by traveler @ Today at 04:29 AM

I kept it a secret for about 30 years from the first CSA event and 20 years from the last. I was in my mid-30s when it came out because I could no longer function and was breaking down. my wife was also very upset and hurt that I hadn't told her soo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by Tryingtolive @ Today at 03:45 AM

It's still a secret for me ...
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 2 by payne @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

My answer to your straw poll was bi which is where I see myself as being although I've not acted on it. However, it is part of the toys that my wife and I enjoy together and one that I enjoy in particular in making love. She's told me that this is as
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by unhappycamper @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Luther: THis sounds like another corny cognitive therapy trick, but sometimes it can get you through a FB or panic attack: Just tell yourself in words--either silently or aloud--that "That was then, and this is now." In my experience, FBs e
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by payne @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

I don't think that our we can wrap our minds around CSA at such young ages that it is understandable that these secret memories get buried. I wonder what real difference it would have made if your wife had known this earlier? I thought that I alr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Very similar with almost all of us, GhostCrab. Please do not underestimate the power of secrets with CSA. Invite your wife to read some of the posts here and she may come to understand as well. I would have almost literally died if anyone knew my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts How long did you keep it secret? by Ghostcrab124 @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

I kept it secret for 37 years. Happened when I was 11. Just came out in a crisis in the last 6 months, but was building for several years. My wife is/was mad at me for not telling her sooner. It seems like many men hold onto/bury the secret for yea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by unhappycamper @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

My flashbacks started when I was 42, 35 years after the rape. That was also when I realized that I'd been having some of the symptoms as far back as I could remember, without knowing why.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Mine started around the ages of 18-24 ... It was a little bit earlier I would say... Very ... Very difficult
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 2 by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

I consider myself straight ... but its very hard telling myself this ... After the messages and post I've had on here ... And the things I've acted on in the past
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Straw poll part 2 by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

http://strawpoll.me/5343702
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

For me I picked everyone but denial ... A part of me tells me I'm in denial while another part tells me I'm not
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Straw poll by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

http://strawpoll.me/5343664
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Straw poll by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

What age did your symptoms start ? http://strawpoll.me/5343603
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: god------trigger by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

if God is a trigger! i say "Pull it!" Concrete Blonde says "God is a bullet"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by betrayed boy @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

hang in there luther just breath try to relax, and know we are here to listen TC
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Films anyone? by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 05:15 PM

Joseph Gordon-Levitt starred in a film called "Mysterious Skin" which dealt with the effects of childhood sexual abuse. It is a powerful and moving film, but features a rape scene which can be triggering and very uncomfortable to watch.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by iaccus @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

You are not alone brother, its safer there.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

Self-isolation can be a mechanism by which we avoid looking at our problems and issues. It might feel good temporarily, but it does not aid in healing. We need other people to tell our truths to.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspiration Just for today by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

“Dissociated trauma memories don't reveal themselves like ordinary memories. Like pieces of a puzzle, they escape the primitive part of our brain where the trauma has been stored without words. These starkly vivid and detailed images are defined by
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. Dr.Seuss
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspiration Just for today by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

if there are no ups and downs in your life... it means you are dead.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

^^^^^^^^ Very true what u said above
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

the real problem started when i began to enjoy the isolation. surrounded by crowds is a stressful situation. but alone, by myself, is a painful sensation. i crave connection, conversation and communication. but i get no comfort from a superficial
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.