Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
8 registered (Ocellaris, lapchinj, 4 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by lucylives @ 30 minutes 40 seconds ago

Reenacting his abuse......that is what my husband's addiction was about. Anonymous encounters with men and prostitutes. The story line was always the same with him being "taken advantage" of as in his abuse but now it is with him saying w
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: He told his father by Judith @ 49 minutes 43 seconds ago

Hi The only books I can suggest which are excellent -they can be applied to both male and female but they are written from the context I think of inform female what to do but I know they can help you with what has just has happened Refuge and Why D
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Recognising Manipulation and Blaming the Abuser by don64 @ 58 minutes 17 seconds ago

Hi learning2remember, In my forties, a hypnotherapist I went to for smoking cessation told me I fit the profile of a sexually abused person. I called my mother and told her, and asked her if she thought it was possible. She said, "Oh son, no.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts He told his father by expectinfeb14 @ Today at 04:39 PM

My husband confronted his father about the abuse finally over the phone. His father denied it, told my husband he was lying and making it up or that he doesnt remember correctly and that maybe his mom was responsible. Even worse neither of his brothe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Lesson We Can Learn by don64 @ Today at 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Kevin. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by Nothing Man @ Today at 03:02 PM

Pattom, one of my perps was my mother. Not only did she molest me but she also was physically and mentally abusive toward me. Even now she haunts my dreams -- the most recent was her being verbally abusive toward me over nothing, which was her SOP.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by 96789594 @ Today at 02:15 PM

welcome to MS ,just like to say that what ur experiencing are things that many survivors struggle with , i'm glaad that you'v made progress .Simply being on the path of recovery takes incredible strength and courage , so be gentle and kind and patien
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Today at 02:04 PM

I don't trust my own feelings. I would have likely lost it and acted violently under the circumstances. regardless of my ideals and ethics. sometimes the animal takes over. how I would feel later is another story. the father will need counsellin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by NoSimpleMachine @ Today at 01:58 PM

pattom My CSA, while relatively contained in time (it wasn't ongoing for very long), was violent and was a rape. It took me awhile to call it rape. I called it "being taken advantage of" at first and when I finally called it rape, it was i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Counseling Session Strange Reaction and Being Gone by NoSimpleMachine @ Today at 01:52 PM

Working with my lifetime integration therapist (LIT), I had a session where we did worked on some feelings I had for well over our normal hour of time, up to about an hour and 40 minutes. It didn't feel that long. It didn't feel like time at all. But
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by Frm73 @ Today at 01:49 PM

Thank you all for welcoming me to MaleSurvivor. I'm not doing so good lately. This past week I've been having panic attacks in bed again just when I'm about to fall asleep, and it kind of worries me because it has been quite some time since the last
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A surprising realization by GT13568 @ Today at 01:37 PM

Yay. I'm so glad I logged in today and found this post of yours, Magellan. Congratulations. You rock. Geoff
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by Ocellaris @ Today at 01:21 PM

Ocellaris is a species of clownfish. "Nemo" from the popular animated movie is an ocellaris clownfish. I originally chose the name because I keep a saltwater fish tank and the ocellaris clownfish was one of the first ones I kept. But I also
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ Today at 01:07 PM

Hi Pufferfish, Originally Posted By: pufferfishThere was a constant struggle for dominance between father and mother. Who would be the boss? This sounds close to what I experienced too. My mother was generally the winner when it came to what when o
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse by Ocellaris @ Today at 10:55 AM

As a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of outcomes like this one: http://ww
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by Nicole @ Today at 10:12 AM

md4e, Very well said. I live with a lot of uncertainty. I wish I could read his mind for just long enough to see what he really wants from me, because it seems to change faster than I can keep up. There's only snippets of a loving, intimate relations
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by traveler @ Today at 09:47 AM

i have very mixed feelings on this. my mind tells me i ought to maintain a pacifist, idealistic, philosophical, legal neutrality. BUT my gut feelings are with you, Still, and the dad! lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Lesson We Can Learn by KMCINVA @ Today at 09:46 AM

The Lesson We Can Learn From Dave Gordon Of Blessed Memory For a few hours on Tuesday, the Jewish world’s attention was focused on a missing IDF soldier. David Menachem Gordon was reported as missing and Jews around the world were fearful that he ha
Male Survivors
not exactly the same - but i have "lost time" before. "spacing out" is what my wife calls it. but i don't think i talked - just went distant and silent on her. and i can remember when i did not remember the passing of time and wha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Counseling Session Strange Reaction and Being Gone by sorryson @ Today at 07:50 AM

This week I had an appointment with psychiatrist and counselor. The doctor says I am making progress but in time I need to dig deeper. Yesterday at the counselor session something weird happened. He was asking me about the abuse and words I may hav
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by lostc @ Today at 06:51 AM

I agree entirely Still. The huge injustice is that nowadays sex offenders in prison are specifically placed Apart from other/non-sex offenders because of the very fact that they will get targeted for their crimes by the other offenders.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by Still @ Today at 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SvenThere was no sweet justice for anyone here. It's just another sad case. And no.. life ain't fair. There's always someone better of or worse off. Doesn't help anyone to compare.. And all this rage and anger i see here isn't
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Recognising Manipulation and Blaming the Abuser by traveler @ Today at 04:49 AM

Learning - i think that this is a hugely important post for you. Originally Posted By: learning2rememberabout what my brother had done to me and how, when I asked him about it, he said he didn'T remember. He questioned my sanity, which made sense to
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: spanking in school still legal in some states by traveler @ Today at 04:11 AM

i attended a public secondary school in the UK. they used a leather strap about a quarter inch thick and about 2 feet long with a split in the last 8-10 inches. it was smacked down overhand across the open palms of the "offender." it hurt l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A surprising realization by traveler @ Today at 03:53 AM

great news, Magellan! i am so happy to hear this. you are very perceptive to have worked this our - despite your claim of not understanding "politics." glad you have the support of other sane ones in the department. Lee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.