Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446830 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting cartoon from the web about shame by BuffaloCO @ 20 minutes 3 seconds ago

What I find disturbing is the idea that all survivors are women in these cartoons, and all the perps are guys. Guys are mostly perps I think but not always, and guys are often victims as well, Hence this site. The myths continue.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Shia Lebouf Claims He Was Raped by Sven @ 33 minutes 5 seconds ago

Yeh idk what to think about this either.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I back, again..... by Chase Eric @ Today at 02:13 PM

Quote:Yes, I was forced to Participate but that does Not mean that I enjoyed it, even if it for a moment felt physically good, based on physiology!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I wish I was just punched in the gut instead. There would be no ambivalence, no tra
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: 5 wks frm CSA realization, 2 wk learning -> Mom by RepressedMem @ Today at 01:06 PM

Thanks NM, sadly my life has been pretty different since first memory since along with CSA I found a few severe life threatening traumas as well from the same hands. Thus PTSD full bloom hit, which had always been just under the surface. So, I fina
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I back, again..... by Publius @ Today at 10:45 AM

"It feels as though that I don't deserve this at all...I feel so bad for saying the things I need to get out and I feel terrible for saying so...My only consolidation is that what I say may be of benefit to others by being an example of what som
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: 5 wks frm CSA realization, 2 wk learning -> Mom by Nothing Man @ Today at 10:25 AM

Hello RM. I have an idea of what you are feeling right now because I had a similar awakening when I realized my mother was one of my perps as well. Stay active here on MS. There are an awful lot of us who understand what you went through. There i
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: This was the 'worst part of my abuse,' by Publius @ Today at 10:00 AM

"he kept up his ruse of telling me how special i was and what a 'special, beautiful boy' I was. To be fully honest, the attention felt really good and if the trade off was something so minor, than so be it, or so I thought." You don't hav
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts A Big Mook! by Still @ Today at 09:56 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by sorryson @ Today at 09:38 AM

Woodenshoes you are so right my wife is awesome and I am learning Dad had an awesome second wife. Don't get me wrong Mama did many good things. She was just unable to let her children fly. She needed to be excessively loved by her children, she mea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How many layers do I have to uncover by Bardo @ Today at 09:35 AM

As I sit at the beginning of this process, your words fill me with both anticipation and dread. For the first time, when I see my perp's name on Facebook or elsewhere (he is my brother), I am beginning to be triggered with strong feelings of nascent
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How many layers do I have to uncover by don64 @ Today at 07:37 AM

Hi David, I'm slowly teaching myself a version of it's not the destination, but the journey. I don't intend to ever stop learning, and yet, somehow I believed (past tense) that I would get over something and then be on my way. I don't think that w
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Tell by sugarbaby @ Today at 02:19 AM

Your welcome. It can AND DOES go the other way. I know you feel the lose of what you had Still. My hope is that one day you will find the joy in what you find on this new path.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I back, again..... by Logan @ Today at 02:12 AM

I can not, truly say or even begin to to express how much this means to me truly...... I know That I have been through something terrible ,but We ALL have! (tears). I just want to say thank you soo, so much for these replies. It feels as though tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How many layers do I have to uncover by learning2remember @ Today at 02:07 AM

Hey David, I can relate to wondering how many layers. I really thought I'd be done long ago. At the same time, congratulations on recognising progress. Sometimes uncovering something new is affirming for me it that it is more proof that something i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How many layers do I have to uncover by kcinohio @ Today at 01:47 AM

Hi David, Thanks for your post. It does take a while to peel back the layers, but as one eventually heals to the extent possible and finds healthier coping, the new life one's living gets better and that gets to be the history you can draw from. Gl
Introductions
Jump to new posts 5 wks frm CSA realization, 2 wk learning -> Mom by RepressedMem @ Today at 01:26 AM

1 year ago, started black outs, totaled my car, started having seizures, head ache galore. 5 wks ago at 51, I came to learn in therapy after having my first big trigger, that something was quite wrong when I was 3-6 years old. I could hardly
Survivors of Female Abuse
Hi L2M, My mother made it clear to me at 50 (she was 70), when she said "Son, just know there is nowhere on my body that would not be ok for you to touch." I was doing some energy work on her eyes. It made me sick, and was the beginning
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: 2 weeks into realizing what happened by RepressedMem @ Today at 01:07 AM

Hi Sonata1, we are almost on identical time lines of realization. I hope you don't have severe PTSD. But I am proud of you for allowing yourself to say you have a need. I think we all here (my first day), have have a need that needs some light
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I back, again..... by don64 @ Today at 12:59 AM

Hi Logan, My opinion is the whole point of MS is to be here for guys who need it, when they need it. You sure own me NO apology. I've been through enough and continue to go through enough without feeling obligatory about my participation. Feeling
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts How many layers do I have to uncover by tbkkfile @ Today at 12:55 AM

When I started this journey a couple of years ago after 44 or so years I hadn't realised just how much the abuse had effected me. Years spent minimising it, numbing it with alcohol, locking it away, depression, it was who I thought I was, I thought t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by don64 @ Today at 12:52 AM

Hi David, I echo Jude's post. Get the support you need. This is not something to tackle solo. IMO. I needed on the ground where I lived in the physical world support for 1 1/2 years before I stabilized enough to manage more on my own steam. Eve
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Shia Lebouf Claims He Was Raped by Jude @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Shia Lebouf Claims He Was Raped Lebouf made the surprising admission in a series of emails with a journalist from Dazed and said the incident took place during a performance art event in Los Angeles. During the event in February, LaBeouf sat silent
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Sorryson Your post is heart warming. I wish there were more people in this world that are as compassionate as your wife and your dads wife. Truly caring people. You are very lucky. All the best. Woodenshoes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by Jude @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: tbkkfileEveryday I get up I tell myself that I'm not going to have a drink, by the time the evening comes I'm wavering....... This expresses the essense of the disease of alcoholism. The compulsion to drink alcohol is so strong,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I back, again..... by Jude @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Logan, No apology needed. Guys come and go as they feel the need to. Like Suwanee said "The porch light's always on" for men who need other men who get it. Jude
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.