Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
4 registered (caesar14, traveler, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443466 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: The Nose Knows by NoSimpleMachine @ 57 minutes 58 seconds ago

I rank myself about a 5 on the Kinsey scale, mostly gay but a handful of girls here and there catch my eye...but it's very true, the smell of women just doesn't do anything to me. The smell of a man, in an intimate setting, is a hard-wired turn-on.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Decision by Vedder32 @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

well I solved the dilemma. I am not going. my needs are far greater than the ordeal. just didn't care for the message I got back in return from others.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by finallyhere @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Dark Empathy - my sincere apologies. I never intended to equate what I experienced with yours. Although my abuse dealt me a blow of its own, I always fear that I let it affect me more than it should have especially when I learn what so many have had
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Alone and Feeling Isolated by PhoenixRising @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Thank you for your words. There is at times a nostalgia for what I thought was, and the space that is left without it. That being said, I am realizing that to try to remain in relationship with them, denies my relationship with the abused child I wa
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. @Esposa - No, this was not said by a therapist or in respect of giving my son therapy, it was said with a view to say that child sexual abuse is not harmful to the child. And that the child should be forced to go
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Thanks guys! by jj78 @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in the Songs for Survivors thread which just surpassed 100,000 views. When I started this thread nearly 4 years ago shortly after joining, it was my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts about my
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Please help me by Going forward @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through I have lived such a similar life that I can relate to everything you are feeling. I would like to share a few things with you; as much as we want to know every detail of the lies and infidelity at this
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Alone and Feeling Isolated by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Hi Phoenix, Yes, making the decision to distance oneself can be difficult. Sometimes, it is the only way to open oneself up to a better experience. I've found no matter what I do, I only have 168 hours in a week. If time and energy go somewhere, eve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

WoW, this is a really smart post... With all the emasculation and feminization I received, the subject of masculinity really messed me up. What it is not. I certainly tried a few of those. Chasing the hyper-masculine dream. What a waste of time.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

Finalyhere, thanks fot he encouragement, however bare in mine my abuse wasn't entirely at the hands of boys, it was literal public gang rape by teenaged girls with a good serving of s/xual humiliation. That is why I say were I female and the gender
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Catch 22 by Carol Ann @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Thank you Sugarbaby for your words of support! Sometimes the stress of feeling like I'm responsible for breaking up the family gets to be a bit much. One good thing though, my son did check out this site one time and I am hoping that he will come bac
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse by Still @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: OcellarisAs a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of out
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My regret is growing everyday by Still @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

At this point, what does a new university student want? IMO: any familiarity accessible, any support to not feel alone in a very strange world with no reasonable break from it, someone to talk who already knows him. A "fixer" of problems th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by Esposa @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

I have to say I have heard of this. I have heard of therapists of young children try to de-stigmatize abuse in order to lessen the trauma of it. In Latin America, where 1 in 6 is more like 5 in 6, this is a very common therapeutic approach. For ex
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Please help me by HD001 @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Hello. I don't know how much I can help but sometimes just knowing you aren't alone offers some small comfort. My previous thread was about my lonliness. I've tried so hard to reach out to H despite the lies that continue to be uncovered. This la
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

I am so sorry that this is happening. I am not savvy on the legal side of things, but it sounds like you need to consult an attorney who has experience handling sexual assault cases. Additionally, I would contact a private child psychiatrist of yo
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

ALM, Please email me directly at canderson@malesurvivor.org. It will be helpful for me to know where specifically this is and any other details you can share (please don't post that here, but rather put in the email).
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

I need your help again please: I was told by the court appointed guardian for my children that any child that has been sexually abused should not be allowed to have a negative view of the abuse or that abuser if the abuser is the father!!! So a chil
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

I need your help again please: I was told by the court appointed guardian for my children that any child that has been sexually abused should not be allowed to have a negative view of the abuse or that abuser if the abuser is the father!!! So a chil
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by finallyhere @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

Davo - I completely understand your request for respect in return. I too have a strong faith. Many of us probably do, did or maybe want too yet the things we have experienced without having answers or feeling so, so alone conflict with our actions, t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: A bit about me. by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

Hi woodenshoes and welcome, I think you've written more than you'll ever know. There's just something liberating about writing, or about saying to someone, or even saying to yourself the words - I was abused. It's the first step (and a damn impor
Introductions
Jump to new posts What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 05:58 AM

Humor
Jump to new posts Re: lawyer jokes by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 05:28 AM

LOL...how true! Thanks for making me laugh.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: A bit about me. by wild_turky @ Yesterday at 04:49 AM

I feel your pain stay strong keep moving. First step taken.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Visitation by ALovingMum @ Yesterday at 04:16 AM

What???? If you still need this please go to Dr Claire Reeves. She is a highly respected expert in this field and she will be more than happy to help you. Her website address is www.againstsexualabuse.org and you can reach her there by clicking con

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.