Newest Members
sowhathappensnow, lostar, Kandrejohnson, Bitterblue, jay72
12961 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BraveFalcon (41), lost_in_space (57), oldguy (88), rjb27 (78)
Who's Online
9 registered (LinEar, Dolphinboy, genedebs, Blue__Bird, iaccus, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12961 Members
75 Forums
67188 Topics
469122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Turmoi by iaccus @ 15 minutes 10 seconds ago

bravo!!
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Echoes of Innocence- Survivor - Stephen Hill by oriolesguy @ 17 minutes 14 seconds ago

This is one book I could have written, since so much is like what happened to me. The author starts out with the circumstances of his having been raped at age 16. The book then goes into his life leading up to that point, and then after that point.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Turmoi by Brian Cardoza @ 24 minutes 18 seconds ago

I lived with your concentrated angry and still I grew I used my tears to wet the soil of my personal growth I grew up twisted and angry Till I saw the light and shoot straight for it. Now I stand before you strong, no longer wet I stand taller, your
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ Today at 03:41 PM

Thank you Buedogone I appreciate your understanding. Guild and shame have always been my constant companions. I will try to take to heart the concept that it wasnt my fault but so far that notion has escaped me. Have a great weekend!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by Bluedogone @ Today at 03:36 PM

iaccus You've done an outstanding job of what I would call an almost perfect statement to your T. It must have taken a whole lot of courage both to write it and to disclose it here on the forum. It's certainly understandable to want to try to under
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ Today at 02:26 PM

Thank you Michael, I appreciate the feedback
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by Michael1965 @ Today at 02:22 PM

Iaccus you show great strength and courage by sharing this with your T and with us here. Your desire to heal and move forward is so powerful and inspires others. You are not at fault for those things. A child cannot consent, they can only comply. I e
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ Today at 01:43 PM

Trigger Warning I was compelled by my therapist to decide the topic of my session on Monday. I am unable to speak to her when I go to therapy and so I wrote her this email as a topic for discussion. Do you feel I got my point across? Am I too crass
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How to talk so someone will listen by Mishka95673 @ Today at 01:28 PM

Fab, as a former supporter, it was a bit of a "dammed if you do, damned if you don't" experience for me. I was certainly willing to listen and. OUSD have used the information provided in order to make improve,nets in the relationship. Even
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by 14by10 @ Today at 12:24 PM

There are two kinds of isolation, emotional and physical. There are time when I want to be physically alone. This could be for solitude to recharge or when being physically alone feels like being in a safe space. Then there are times when I am with
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by LinEar @ Today at 11:27 AM

Philip LaRue - Window *Triggers -- sex trafficking* She makes wings out of cardboard and string She looks outside her window and makes believe She hears a knock on the door and she lays down "Is this all I'm good for?" she says, and lays
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by LinEar @ Today at 11:18 AM

Thanks for sharing this one. "I donít want to bathe I'm afraid Iíll lose your smell" This speaks to me!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How to talk so someone will listen by LinEar @ Today at 11:16 AM

All I can offer is to take it very slowly. For the few people who know, and are supportive, I've just let bits and pieces out over time, particularly when they've asked me specific questions about it (although not always, sometimes I've reached a bre
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How to talk so someone will listen by KMCINVA @ Today at 10:43 AM

I think when we feel safe and comfortable we can talk and share. I know when I believe the response will be curt, get over it, disinterested, or they change the subject to focus on them or a part of their lives, I shut down. Those who care and can
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Sunday Healing Circle - Cancelled Feb. 7, 2016 by Anomalous @ Today at 02:16 AM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for Sunday, February 7, 2016. Anomalous
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts How to talk so someone will listen by focusedbody @ Today at 12:48 AM

A lot of the time I think I hold back observations and thoughts because I am afraid of overwhelming the person listening. Even when there has been some interest in me saying more, it seems like to speak of my anxieties would cremate whatever relatio
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday and wishing for change by afraidofmyvoice @ Today at 12:16 AM

happy birthday in a day! you don't need to feel guilty for finding the difficulty and confusion you're facing regrettable. BUT you are not to blame! for the abuse, or the effects, or the involuntary arousal. that is why it is called involuntary. you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by afraidofmyvoice @ Today at 12:02 AM

I am trying to get back doing the things I loved before all the effects of the abuse became so overwhelming. It has made me feel more confident and like myself again. It's also good to have to interact with strangers and realize all the thoughts I ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Isolation to me feels like battle. I know once I break out of it. It will continue to call on me. Isolation keeps me safe. I'm left with only myself. At times doing this Feels like the only way. I've done this for so long. I've realized how much it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday and wishing for change by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

On my journey I found just being honest with yourself and accepting yourself is the biggest step forward. I've had my ups and downs. But I'm at a point now where there isn't many highs and lows. It just feels mellow. I don't really experience too man
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by smc1972 @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

I find myself being more withdrawn over the year socially. Strangely I went from being a social introvert as a kid then more extroverted in my 20-30's to back to wanting to just be alone. I have to be social for work but even now I find that stressfu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

isolation is to ostracism, as solitude is to loneliness. i prefer voluntary confinement over imposed segregation. there is a vast subjective difference between "me-time" and exile. when i am rejected or shunned, i do my best to utilize
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Birthday and wishing for change by smc1972 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

My 44th birthday is on the 8th and well I feel like my life is worse now than before. As bad as this will sound at tme I think my best years are behind me. Yet those years were when things that I know we're not good yet I was happier then. I know w
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

My wife shared this with me last year via text as I left home on a business trip. I think she meant it as a love letter to me. It's mournful and incredibly affirming. Brown Bird "Tortured Boy" Axis Mundi (2015) I donít want to bathe I'
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Free 8 week group in NC area - DATE CHANGE by Brian Cardoza @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

To whom it may concern My name is Brian Cardoza and if you would like I can come out there and speak to the group I was part of David Shannon's group in Boston in 2005 and have done a lot of speaking on survival. I would be to do it for free. if y
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.