Newest Members
Rurai, ratherbfishing, NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope
12805 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
4 registered (peroperic2009, 3 invisible), 8 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12805 Members
75 Forums
66062 Topics
461836 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I think I might be done by journey4two @ 52 minutes 56 seconds ago

Not really looking to explain... you all know. After so much work and pain we finally reached the top of the mountain. We have been trudging up that mountain for years. Finally I had a secure connection with the love of my life and he with me. The
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Is there a silver lining by Tryingtolive @ Today at 01:55 AM

I really don't believe there is one
Poetry
Jump to new posts Broken Toy by iaccus @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

The shame floods over my being at the very mention of his name That man who left me with so much shame The man with whom I share a name Nights of pain and humiliation at his hands Shaping who I am today, a broken and weak being A piece of putty in h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by Ghostcrab124 @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Thank you each one for sharing and commenting. I was 11, I was raped by a teacher and molested by another teacher and other boys on a camping trip. I could not tell my parents because of the shame and self-blame. My parents were also teachers, and at
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by blacken @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

I tried to tell @ 16, but I was not believed, & that lead me down a self-destructive path. So, I kept it in till I was 32. The second time (I told someone else), I was believed & accepted & supported. And I have been on the mend ever
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by unhappycamper @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

I hid it from myself for 35 years, so I assume I didn't tell anybody. One family member knew something had happened, but I don't know how much was known.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Sexual Healing by 1lifenow @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Its time to take a breath. Long deep and relaxing. This struggle to understand WHY is so damn complicated sometimes, because it is just so muddied by CSA. No one study is ever definitive, science doesn't work that way. But research that backs up
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Farrell's White House Council on Boys and Men by MrEdd @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManConsider the sources of that "news." Not all of which are the international press. Mike There have been multiple sources on the underage sex tourism ring of which Bill Clinton is only one participant and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by Banjo596 @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

37 years for me.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Eloquence... if you get the chance. Brute force and blunt instruments when and where applicable. It's hard to finesse this mess of stress, you are under duress, so express your distress until you reach happiness. by all means... YES!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

I spend a lot of time in voluntary solitary confinement. I do enjoy self imposed exile. I focus on spiritual evolution and artistic creation. Many consider me anti-social but I need to detach and disengage from people periodically. I call it m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

So strange! I have had issues with used or damp towels or washcloths all my life and I have never told anyone because I thought it was just too weird and ridiculous. Thank you for making me feel just a little less stupid.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

Lee I am happy you are able to connect the cause but sorry you had to live it. I too believe certain acts done to a child lies deep in their subconscious and the survivor cannot connect to the abuse until years later. I hope it helps you as you mo
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Farrell's White House Council on Boys and Men by gaatt @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Hi Mike, I'm not really familiar with the reliability of this source. Perhaps its just a gossip rag. The connection between Clinton and Epstein, however, shows up in a number of other sources on-line. I hope its just that Clinton is an easy target f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by don64 @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Congratulations, Lee. I'm glad your healing process continues to clean out the old and previously buried damage. You deserve it. Sending you love and good will, Don
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Films anyone? by 1islandboy @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

@ Films Anyone ? I guess in some ways, I have been fortunate to live on an island that lacks resources. It just spurred me on to seek harder for what I needed to find. Perhaps, one of these films will help you on your journey. "Things Behind
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are You a Carrot, Egg or Coffee Bean by DavidM-LT @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

thanks for posting this!! Wonderful thing to reflect on.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Hi Lee, I'm glad you figured out what was the trigger for you. It is completely understandable that you don't like used washcloths. One of my triggers is loud rock music. While I was being raped the babysitter had music playing loudly, probably t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by newground @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

glad that you have uncovered that truth lee though truly sorry it happened. just one more in a line of challenges you have overcome. I hope that it fades soon along with other bad memories of the time of helplessness. you are a good man...always were
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Washcloth TRIGGERS! by traveler @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Even after all this time, I can be surprised by a newly discovered trigger. Here is the latest: I have always hated to be forced or pressured to shower or bathe with a used washcloth that is, one that has already been used and is either still damp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Subconsciousness vs consciousness by Acorn2Oak @ Yesterday at 07:30 AM

This may be way off base, but makes sense to me.... I look at the subconscious as beliefs I've forgotten I have and the conscious as what I'm aware of believing. Triggers, for example, can make make unconscious beliefs conscious, IF I pay attention
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Emotionally blocked by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 07:25 AM

Hey smc I have the same problem with closeting myself in more and more. I see myself just wearing out and wanting to quit. I just want my mind to stop opening up and revealing all my shit, I just want it to stop. The things I had done to me and the
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 2 by traveler @ Yesterday at 07:15 AM

Jay - it always helps to know someone else gets it. thanks for responding. good to know we are not alone! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Emotionally blocked by Acorn2Oak @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

SMC, what you describe sounds very familiar to me. Been the same way over the years. Like motivation comes and goes in waves. Seems to me it's like I get excited, maybe more accurate to say, feel hopeful, step into exploring, learning, etc., then my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by manipulated @ Yesterday at 03:42 AM

45 years. Ignored never forgotten (though specifics were/are and rear their ugly sudden body sensation flooding head from time to time. I had hinted at it 5 years of marriage but no specifics. Forced to disclose in a break from self two years ago, th

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.