Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
3 registered (BDD, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65324 Topics
456847 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Moving Forward: Research Studies
Jump to new posts Research on the impacts of abuse on attachment by Chris Anderson @ 14 minutes 35 seconds ago

Are you a male 18 or older who has experience physical or sexual abuse prior t the age of 18? If so, you are invited to take part in a research study on how childhood abuse affects adult attachment and relationship satisfaction among men. Attachment
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 50 somthing and trying to grow up by Magellan @ 31 minutes 23 seconds ago

Sorry to hijack your thread. I will bow out now.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 50 somthing and trying to grow up by Magellan @ 36 minutes 47 seconds ago

Thanks for the book suggestions, guys. I won't be reading any books anymore. Read dozens of them. None of them helped. I have to accept that I'm fundamentally stupid, naive, clueless. No amount of effort I've made over the last 32 years have gained
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversaries by BDD @ 53 minutes 50 seconds ago

I know what I want. When my husband gets home I am going to ask him to snuggle (which we don't do). And after a moment of just enjoying each other I will calmly say "this week, this night is hard for me can you watch my back?" Hopefully he'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Parenting and Prevention by bluesky @ 57 minutes 19 seconds ago

Me and my wife are very carful where we let our kids go and if they have a sleepover its at very specific relatives homes. People we really know and trust. But it's not an easy thing to balance and my kids and other relatives don't understand us but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does society care? by BDD @ 58 minutes 28 seconds ago

No, there was no talking to anyone in my family. A man I knew at the time just said about my rape "some tricks go wrong". BUT, I am hopeful that kids today stand a better chance of getting what they need. I think because of so many brave m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: does the lying ever stop? Really struggling here. by Mishka95673 @ 59 minutes 59 seconds ago

Hey Target, I can relate to what you are saying. My man in the past has told me that he needs me to tell him what to do but the reason is because sometimes his thoughts are a mess. I refuse to tell him how to manage his own affairs - he isn't a child
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Sexual Assault and Discrepencies by KMCINVA @ Today at 07:42 AM

Reading about what happens to the mind helps me better understand what has happened.It is estimate 1/3rd of all sexual assault victims will develop some symptoms of PTSD. I cannot win the lottery but I won PTSD. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cogni
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ Today at 06:04 AM

Thank you for let us know Kevin is ok. There is no need for him to be embarrassed, we all have setbacks and with his family they are bound to happen. He is lucky to have you in his life. You wrote of the the adult body and child mind. My brother a
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts BUSHIDO - Way of the Warrior by victor-victim @ Today at 06:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zqoGDVed8A BUSHIDO: The Way of the Warrior | Samurai Code The Soul of Japan by Inazo Nitobe + http://www.sacred-texts.com/shi/bsd/ + http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12096/12096-h/12096-h.htm + http://w
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Nagging Little Voices... by victor-victim @ Today at 05:36 AM

excellent poem. thank you for telling it like it is, kellygtx. we all suffer from intrusive thoughts. i tell them to go to hell where they came from.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: faces and masks by victor-victim @ Today at 05:34 AM

thank you. masks are one of my favourite themes, although they are triggering for me. i love this poem. it made me feel...
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Shame by lostc @ Today at 05:33 AM

Sometimes I feel goddamned ashamed about this, thinking things like "what kind of man am I that I'm trying to understand and say that females abused me, and that I didn't just like it and see it as sexual experience", like I'm some kind of
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Self Examination by victor-victim @ Today at 05:31 AM

hard. cold. heavy. serious. powerful. thank you.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "To strive, to seek, to find..." by victor-victim @ Today at 05:28 AM

very nice, bobcat. thank you.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Crash and Burn by victor-victim @ Today at 05:25 AM

adapt. overcome. survive. evolve. mutate. or die. i can relate. i crash. i burn. Ignore the heart, splitting in two, Time to march, and time to move. Feel the tears, but don't let them fall, Clenching of fists, the rage swallows all.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The innocent child by victor-victim @ Today at 05:14 AM

one day i shall emerge victorious. nice to meet you too, gentle soul. thanks for the uplift. much needed and appreciated.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: victory by victor-victim @ Today at 05:11 AM

thanks for the reminder of hope and inspiration, weapher.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Until by victor-victim @ Today at 05:09 AM

beautiful.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ego collapse? by GoodKiwi @ Today at 05:07 AM

Tryingtolive, I found that as I started facing the past many of the effects of CSA which were acute in my teens have started to resurface. My hope was that in facing this they would disappear altogether but they’re getting worse. For now I am happy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Does society care? by GoodKiwi @ Today at 04:46 AM

As far as abuse goes, my case was by no means the worst and I wonder sometimes how it managed to turn my entire life upside down. Looking back, I think much of the damage was done not by the abuse itself but by the blanket denial of it. Me because I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Ego collapse? by Tryingtolive @ Today at 04:27 AM

Am I trying to fight who Iam becoming .? Am I supposed to feel this pressured? Was I being fake to myself this whole time ? What happened to my old self ? Having a hard time understanding what has happened to me since csa symptoms have occurred ....
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To Forgive, but not to Absolve by 1islandboy @ Today at 04:11 AM

I have been to Auschwitz. Words can't describe. This post reminds me of a book, that I read about a year ago. It is on the Library of Congress; list of top ten most influential books ever written.... "Man's Search for Meaning": By Vi
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Not good by GoodKiwi @ Today at 03:38 AM

Indeed. Survivors UK looks like a brilliant resource.
Family and Friends
Makes me wonder about the "control" thing. I've been an indirect controller maybe? But what I find ironic is, in times of being hurt (where he has lied or something) i've said "I've been so easy on you, gave the options up TO YOU to
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.