Newest Members
aerobear, capam15, Echoes, JohnnyL, Kotar
12747 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Arlo (61), bamaTJ (49), Khanya (39), pgreenelee (52)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tryingtolive, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12747 Members
75 Forums
65630 Topics
459029 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Few memories, Many symptoms by don64 @ 24 minutes 18 seconds ago

Hi Aerobear, I didn't begin to remember sexual and physical abuse from my father until age 53. I didn't begin to remember sexual abuse, physical abuse, and torture from my mother until age 63. Bringing up the memories from my mother has been bruta
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Attraction to specific type of men- reason? by Tryingtolive @ Today at 12:00 AM

I have the same issue
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Echoes Sorry for the need to be here. Welcome to a great group of people that are more than willing to listen and assist in your journey. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do holidays continue to get harder and harder? by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Magellan the holidays are always a struggle for me ... Being around family is stressful ... And just seeing how happy other people are ... It's very frustrating ... Just another lonely day
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by genedebs @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

The truth js we are not nice to ourselves. We don't protect us aany better today than we were able too when we were children. It is almost like we jave to bring to birth a new world from the ashes of the old. may Godbe with you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by gettingstronger @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Out of curiosity, I went to the "who's online" page and saw that an anonymous person was looking at this thread. Thank you, whoever you are! I didn't know it was here as the last post was a few years ago. My own little slice of hell bega
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by Sven @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

https://youtu.be/VF3GYSZk3Uc Anouk - It's So Hard I'm just thinkin' about the child in me, That I'm sometimes feeling inside And I'm figuring out just what it is That makes me feel so small Is it you, that hurts me when I give myself Every day and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by Sven @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

https://youtu.be/XtCvwd_U_fc https://youtu.be/PfBBP5tIEpo Anouk "Pretending As Always" I looked at the ground, it's filled with lies When you got lost, I got so lonely Give it time, don't move on Let it dry, time's passing by so slowly B
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Few memories, Many symptoms by newground @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Hi aerobear I think that you have made a wise move in coming to the site. when I came here I knew I was abused and had memory of the one event but only partial memory of two others. I found that in talking through my memories and especially my sympt
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: * by Sven @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

the photo represents how I feel, I guess. My username is just my name
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Few memories, Many symptoms by Bardo @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

First of all, welcome to this place, where you will find many supportive men who have been through some version of what you are beginning to understand was your abuse. I have recovered memories through hypnotherapy and meditation. There are many othe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Few memories, Many symptoms by aerobear @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

I have felt 'something was wrong' for most of my life - I am now 61 - and searched for answers through counselling, group work etc and blocked my feeling through being stoned on dope for over 40 years. After I stopped getting permanently stoned and
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Be well
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A) Roughly by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

And the rest is history...
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by MountainGirl @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

No problem, Mishka. I've been through it myself. Glad you are taking care of yourself.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 01:55 PM

Be well
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A) Fiction by tommyb @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

(kentuckypoet)
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Be well
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Be well
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by MountainGirl @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Mishka - I echo Esposa's post. It's not our fault that we become co-dependent. It's often a by-product of being in a close relationship with someone who is troubled. But co-dependency is a life sucking coping mechanism. The book may help you find a h
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by Echoes @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Thank you all, you are all very kind. I'm trying. I swear I'm trying. Thank you for being out there.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Help!!! - trying not to get sucked into it today by Esposa @ Yesterday at 11:32 AM

Mishka - please read the book. I am not sure what you mean by continuously evaluated for codependency. He may also be codependent but that would only increase the likelihood that you are too. Overfocusing on someone else's process or on the co
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by LinEar @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Thank you for registering and breaking silence. Sorry that you have to be here.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by LinEar @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Mad World has always been a favorite...
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by betrayed boy @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

hi echoes it's BB we chatted last night if u need to talk some more leave me a message or pm me if im on site ok tty soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.